Clear All
  • SBbound
    Casual fanatic
    • Feb 2019
    • Merced/San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post
    Wake up charger nation IT'S GAMEDAY..

I KNOW IT'S VERY EARLY RIGHT NOW ON THE WESTCOAST..

PS: wake up anyways.
    You're pretty funny for a skins fan. 31-17 Chargers!

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

wow.... impressive,

really wasn't expecting the W against RR & his WFT.... here we go sports fans,
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

1) Any word on Fitzy's hip injury?

Observations on Week 1 -- I loved the 1st Quarter. I fucking hated the 3rd Quarter.

Joey Bosa's penalties were the most pathetic calls I've ever seen. That said, I would not be very happy to see Heinicke vs. East Stick.

I counted six drops by receiving corps. It'll improve.

Coach Staley gets his first pro win. Awesome. Chargers get an opening weekend victory on the road. The Chargers played well on both sides, with room for improvement. The edge rushers knocked out the opposing QB in the 1st Quarter.

Ring-a-Ding 1-0

Watching Baltimore stomp a mudhole in the Raiders Monday Night will make a perfect weekend. Ravens 33 Raiders 12

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

And go Browns!!!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'll be back next Saturday
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

There are a lot of people complaining about the Bosa roughing calls. The first was pretty obvious as he came in very late and completely swung the momentum in the game their way. The second one is just the rules in the league now - you can’t go in that low. They were effort penalties so I can’t fault them that much but the talk of bad calls I don’t agree with. Now that fumble through the end zone was an AWFUL call.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

I think the PI call was also bad. I didn't see the hands to the face but maybe it was there.

Fumble call was Hochuli level bad. Or BYU replay booth bad.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The second roughing Bosa had one arm around Heineke's waist, and other was wrapped on his thigh. I think the flag was because Bosa was himself low. There's nothing Bosa can do but to play higher, and Bosa is definitely not going for the lower legs.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    The second roughing Bosa had one arm around Heineke's waist, and other was wrapped on his thigh. I think the flag was because Bosa was himself low. There's nothing Bosa can do but to play higher, and Bosa is definitely not going for the lower legs.
                    He also does a jump pass which makes it look worse

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      I think the PI call was also bad. I didn't see the hands to the face but maybe it was there.

Fumble call was Hochuli level bad. Or BYU replay booth bad.
                      Hoculis crew is pretty bad imo. I think they did the Thursday night game? There were a few bad calls in that one too.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hoculis crew is pretty bad imo. I think they did the Thursday night game? There were a few nada calls in that one too.
                        Elder Hochuli. The Cutler "forward pass" that went like 3 yards backward.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

PFF

The grade on Herbert’s day is a much closer reflection of his performance than some of the stats would lead you to believe. His 81.1 passing grade checks in at eighth in the NFL and fourth among quarterbacks who took at least 40 dropbacks in Week 1. His 94.6 grade on third down was higher than any other signal-caller's performance in the NFL on any down, and 71% of the yardage came while the ball was in the air. Not only was he winning in high-stakes situations, but he also did most of the work himself.

That’s what was most impressive to me: Without any semblance of a downhill running game to open up the field for him, Herbert stood tall and willed that offense to a win. Los Angeles was the only team last week to run the ball at least 25 times and not cross the 100-yard threshold, and 80% of its yards came after contact. There will be some concerns about sustainability for a young quarterback who has to shoulder the load against teams that know the pass is coming, and he’ll probably see less man coverage on his wideouts over the course of the year than he did against Washington.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X