Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Gilded Pickle View Post
    If they can find out a way to sign Collins, I'll do cartwheels. That would be a huge signing - nearly to the magnitude of the Flowers pickup last year.

Assuming, of course, he's cleared
    Until Goodell suspends him a year for being questioned.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• madcaplaughs
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Does anyone suspect league advice, or dare I say tampering in this case? I can't believe no one took a 7th round flyer on Collins.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I think the NFL office put the word out....be careful what you say though the commish is know to lurk here
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

If Collins didn't do it he is sooooo screwed.

It's sad what happened no matter who did it though. Shooting a pregnant woman ought to be immediate death for the murderer. Fuck.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• PowderBlues
            The Godfather
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            If Collins didn't do it he is sooooo screwed.
            I read somewhere that financially it might work out better. If he signs as a UDFA then performs like a first rounder he gets to be a restricted FA after 3 years while the other guys are locked in to their rookie deals for 5.

Theoretically he could get a bigger payday sooner if he performs. I understand that's a big if given the crapshoot the draft bit I figured I'd share that other option.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Billy Bob Brubek, University of Texas, Right Guard!
              :dancingbolt:

(Always loved that Bob Nelson set)
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally Posted by Antonio's Gates
                Collins goes to a team in Florida. No tax
                Why not a Texas team, then?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Why not a Texas team, then?
                  Or Texas. You get my point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Fluker dwarfs Collins, lol. Not that Collins isnt big but damn...look at Fluker!

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                      I know a lot of people are losing their minds over the whole RG situation but I doubt our seasons
                      success or failure hinges on it.

There are always decent OL let go before the season starts, we still have some options on the roster
                      (Hairston, Sirles etc) and while everyone hates Troutman, I'm not completely ready to dump him. Remember
                      last year was his first full year playing there. Plus, the 25 different guys playing C next to him probably didn't help.

Im sure by week 1 this will all be worked out.
                      Troutman basically had a redshirt year his 1st year, but still should have studied film and playbook and scheme and practiced hard after getting healthy. Then he had the same starting point under Coach D as everyone else 2 years ago, but was less than impressive in relief of Rinehart starting several games @ LG due to injury when he had vets on both sides of him. Last year, he only "won" the RG job by default because Watt had a lingering injury in TC that ruined his chances at enough reps- but you would think Trout would have doubled down learning the position and his responsibilities and take the next step as a starter to prove he was starting material. I didn't see anything like that. Instead I saw a guy making repeated mental mistakes and not knowing who to block a lot and missing assignments and spending a lot of time falling down. I'm completely over this guy- time to move on as its clear to me he's either not smart enough or hit his ceiling as a weak 5th rounder.

Compare how Dunlap has blossomed under Coach D, and the stints of solid play by emergency starters like Ohrn, Legursky, Robinson, Sirles- and its pointing to Porkchops not being able to handle it for some reason and I see our offense being the worse for it if he is ever counted on to play again.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Right Guard

If Evan Mathis is released, that could be an option. His success has come at LG though, and switching to RG isn't as easy as you would think.

Still going with Watts as the dark horse.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Mathis is definitely a candidate. Here are some other guys that were mentioned this offseason by FO (not a definitive list, but an example). I am sure that after the draft, there will be some new names mentioned and others will become available in TC.

Michael Oher, Tackle, Tennessee Titans

The league’s most famous offensive lineman, Michael Oher of “Blind Side” fame, may again be looking for a new job after another underwhelming performance in his first year with Tennessee. The Titans would save $2 million against their 2015 cap by cutting him.

Logan Mankins, Guard, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Logan Mankins is another 2014 offseason signing that could quickly find himself back on the free agent market. The difference is there would be no dead money against Tampa’s cap if they cut Mankins. They just reap $7 million in savings.

Jahri Evans, G, New Orleans Saints

As mentioned earlier, the Saints are in dire straits as it relates to the cap. Parting ways with nine-year veteran Jahri Evans would be a $6 million savings against their 2015 cap.

Chris Myers, C, Houston Texans

The Texans are one of several teams that enter the offseason close to the cap and looking to create savings wherever possible. Though his performance has remained solid, cutting center Chris Myers in the final year of his contract would save $6 million and leave just $2 million of dead money against their cap.

Jake Long, T, St. Louis Rams

The four-year pact with Jake Long is also looking like a bust for the Rams, who saw the tackle go down in Week 8 with his second major knee injury in as many seasons. The fully guaranteed portion of Long’s contract is out of the way, so the time is right for St. Louis to move on. Doing so at the outset of the new league year would save $8 million against the 2015 cap.

Others to watch: Tennessee could look to totally rebuild their line by also cutting guard Andy Levitre. Levitre, like Oher, has been a disappointing addition, and the cut would net the Titans $2 million in savings on the 2015 cap. Washington can recoup twice that by cutting guard Chris Chester while only having $800,000 of the $4.8 million he’s owed count against their 2015 cap. Atlanta will be aiming to strengthen their front and moving on from tackle Sam Baker, who has played in just nine games over the last two seasons due to injury, is an option. But the current structure of his contract would make them pay handily for it against the 2015 cap and beyond. A pay cut agreement seems more likely. The Eagles offensive line has gotten stronger over the last two years, but they could cut Todd Herremans, save $2.8 million against the cap, and pursue an upgrade at right tackle.

Comment

Working...
                          X