• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Collins isn't going to sign with anybody fast. He is going to let everyone gather their information, and let the bidding war begin. He will have to be cheap for his rookie year, since there are rules about how much teams can sign UDFA for and how much they can spend under the rookie cap. He won't get 1st round money right away.

But there is no reason we can't make an offer that makes up for the lack of money over time. We have a ton of cap space next year, and if we make it fairly creative, then there is room for him to get his money back at some point.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      The tax thing doesn't matter, players have to file in every state they play in.
      True but 8 home games in CA at 13.1% is a lot more than 8 home games in Washington, Texas or Florida at 0%....or however may games they get paid for, ....preseason?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
        Hey guys. New here on the board. Boltjolt alerted me to this forum. Hopefully you don't think I suck at Charger talk.

On the RG issue, I think the Chargers should explore what kind of compensation it would take to get Kraig Urbik away from the Bills. He was just ok last year from what I know, but he was a pretty good player under Joe D'Allisandris back in 2012 and prior. He's not yet 29, seems like a scheme fit, is inexpensive, and I wouldn't think he would cost that much to acquire.

Could be a band-aid improvement over Troutman.
        Welcome Brother, Urbik huh. Hmm, never thought of him. You would think Rex needs him since but who knows. They did sign Incognito though so maybe it can happen.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2015
          • Send PM

They also drafted Miller, and were apparently looking to trade him last offseason. Of course, it was an old regime that shopped him and he took a paycut since so who knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Well HERE is his contract. Lets trade them D. Brown and we save 1.8 million on the cap.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2015
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Well HERE is his contract. Lets trade them D. Brown and we save 1.8 million on the cap.
              I'm in. Just tell Rex that Brown LOVE Iso Power... I believe many of the defenders on the Bills squad will be able to vouch for that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2015
                • Send PM

Another in-house candidate to monitor in addition to Watts, who Larry David mentioned, is Jeremiah Sirles. In that same chat that Ghelkin did, he mentioned his name as a guy that the Chargers really like.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Agreed, Sirles is in the mix for playing time. I could see him and Porks doing the rotation thing this year.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2015
                    • Send PM

I really hope not. I don't think rotating offensive linemen helps anyone.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Sirles did look good vs the 9ers and was still pretty new to the position. Still shouldn't stop telesco from trying to upgrade

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2015
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        Sirles did look good vs the 9ers and was still pretty new to the position. Still shouldn't stop telesco from trying to upgrade
                        No indeed.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          True but 8 home games in CA at 13.1% is a lot more than 8 home games in Washington, Texas or Florida at 0%....or however may games they get paid for, ....preseason?
                          Technically, for the Chargers, it is a minimum of 9 games played in California each year.

Comment

Working...
                          X