Roster what areas can we "improve most" before Kickoff?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
    He's one year into a three year contract.
    Are we talking about Ronnie Brown or D. Brown? R. Brown is a FA. Donald Brown is in his second year of a 3 year deal with a 4 million cap hit. I wonder if TT has any inclination of cutting him if others fare better whether they are a rookie or not?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      not gonna happen BA. DBrown did not suck last year despite some people's opinions around here and he was not on the level of a Meachum or Cox type FA bust. Brown was not brought in to be a workhorse all purpose back while replacing both Mathews and Woodhead at the same time. He was supposed to complement them and substitute a couple series per game when guys where gassed or dinged up. It was also expected we would have the same OL success as the year before. If we truly fix the OL and Brown doesn't maximize his opportunities I can see him being in trouble- but not yet.

And Grice? The guy was a scrub and it was obvious even in TC Oliver was the much better candidate to make the team and stick.
      Oh he did suck. Just showed how he isnt elusive at all. He is making over 4 mil this season so he needs to do more than what you think he was brought in to do. He simply didnt produce as well as a UDFA , cheaper RB in Oliver. Mathews out produced him with less carries and missing 10 games.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Roster what areas can we "improve most" before Kickoff?

Donald Brown is just camp fodder. He'll be cut the moment they need to free up money/training camp ends. He's 4th on the depth chart. No way he stays at that salary.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

I dont personally think he is bad....hes just not in Matthews class. I think hes overpaid considering we have three other back but i feel hes a decent multi down back.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            Donald Brown is just camp fodder. He'll be cut the moment they need to free up money/training camp ends. He's 4th on the depth chart. No way he stays at that salary.
            Maybe. He also would also leave us with a 2.166 mil in dead cap space if cut, but that would be for next year i believe. Maybe they can trade him for a 5th they lost in next years draft.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2015
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Are we talking about Ronnie Brown or D. Brown? R. Brown is a FA. Donald Brown is in his second year of a 3 year deal with a 4 million cap hit. I wonder if TT has any inclination of cutting him if others fare better whether they are a rookie or not?
              Oh I was thinking of Donald.

Ronnie is on his couch until TT calls him up in December when our backfield is decimated by injury.

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Damn! DBrown got a 3 year deal? I thought it was a 2 year. Even he's got to know that he's primed to be a cap casualty. Maybe TT can trade him to the Cowboys.
                sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
                  Oh I was thinking of Donald.

Ronnie is on his couch until TT calls him up in December when our backfield is decimated by injury.
                  I'm not expecting our backfield to be decimated by injury this season. Gordon showed durability in college.

The areas of concern for injury are offensive line, linebacker, cornerback, wide receiver, and now punter. Rivers is also a concern. He won't likely miss any games, but he has been beat up to the point where he probably should have taken some games off (McCoy needs to call the shots on that this year. Rivers is never going to voluntarily admit injury and come out of a game, even if the healthy backup might do a better job.) Of course, that probably has more to do with our offensive line than Rivers's ability to stay healthy.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2015, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2015
                    • Send PM

That was tongue in cheek.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Damn! DBrown got a 3 year deal? I thought it was a 2 year. Even he's got to know that he's primed to be a cap casualty. Maybe TT can trade him to the Cowboys.
                      That is an interesting thought I mean who Dallas has at RB with Murray gone to Philly, Joseph Randle spelled Murray last year and they picked up Darren McFadden and he is injury prone like Mathews. They could be an injury away from needing a back, matter fact I would think we can get maybe a 6th rounder or 7th rounder for Brown sending him to Dallas.

Comment

Working...
                      X