• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    It's so bad there right now that the Federal Government is sending in the troops to take it over.
    Actually Texas is planning to seseed and they are taking our military with them...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      Welcome Ebenezer! Love the Winslow picture.

I'm SuperCharger (aka "Mike"). Charger fan since 1973. I grew up in Poway & our family had season tickets to the Chargers & Padres from '73 - '87, and the Clippers before they bailed. We didn't have Sockers season tickets,
      but we went a ton of Sockers games both NASL and MISL, as well as the Gulls and - if you guys can believe this, a S.D. tennis team called the "Aces". I've lived in Oklahoma since 2003, and we go to Kansas City just about
      every year for the Chargers game there. Attending Arrowhead as a Charger fan is way worse than any game I ever went to in San Diego where Raider fans were involved, although the bulk of people are generally nice.
      I work at a Big XII University, and in my free time, I do stand-up comedy.

I also grew up in Poway.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I also grew up in Poway.
        No kidding?! That's awesome. I lived in the neighborhood across from St. Michael's church, just to the South of the medical complex that was (is?) just to the South of Pomerado Hospital.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

We lived off of Community road in the Windmill housing section.

Comment

• Geezbolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Sun Valley, ID
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I also grew up in Poway.
            My late wife was Miss Poway.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Yep, some weird rumors & conspiracy theories going on right now about that....although I would argue against things being "so bad" that it warranted takeover....LOL.
              Don't worry Mav the Governor announced that he was directing the Texas State Guard to monitor the military exercise and ensure that Texans' “safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed. It's all good....I think
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Maverick
                (Coryellian)
                • Jun 2013
                • Point Loma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                Don't worry Mav the Governor announced that he was directing the Texas State Guard to monitor the military exercise and ensure that Texans' “safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed. It's all good....I think
                Don' mess wit'em!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Welcome Ebenezer! Love the Winslow picture.

I'm SuperCharger (aka "Mike"). Charger fan since 1973. I grew up in Poway & our family had season tickets to the Chargers & Padres from '73 - '87, and the Clippers before they bailed. We didn't have Sockers season tickets,
                  but we went a ton of Sockers games both NASL and MISL, as well as the Gulls and - if you guys can believe this, a S.D. tennis team called the "Aces". I've lived in Oklahoma since 2003, and we go to Kansas City just about
                  every year for the Chargers game there. Attending Arrowhead as a Charger fan is way worse than any game I ever went to in San Diego where Raider fans were involved, although the bulk of people are generally nice.
                  I work at a Big XII University, and in my free time, I do stand-up comedy.

Growing up in SD you may recall the weather man from channel 5 KTLA. He to is a stand up comic. When I was the Board Chair of the Pasadena Senior Center he performed at our conference on aging. In a month he got a million hits. Check it out. This is for Qsmokey Old Marine if he is still lurking and all you old timers. Mostly its for SuperCharger who reminded me of Fritz in his picture. I hope you can find some material in this!

Leave rep if you like!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Growing up in SD you may recall the weather man from channel 5 KTLA. He to is a stand up comic. When I was the Board Chair of the Pasadena Senior Center he performed at our conference on aging. In a month he got a million hits. Check it out. This is for Qsmokey Old Marine if he is still lurking and all you old timers. Mostly its for SuperCharger who reminded me of Fritz in his picture. I hope you can find some material in this!

Leave rep if you like!
                    Thanks for posting, he's funny - haven't seen him in decades!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

No kidding?! That's awesome. I lived in the neighborhood across from St. Michael's church, just to the South of the medical complex that was (is?) just to the South of Pomerado Hospital.
                      My wife grew up in Poway (off Espola Road) and we went to St Michael's church many times!

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        My wife grew up in Poway (off Espola Road) and we went to St Michael's church many times!
                        Small world! Here's some useless trivia. Espola Road got its name because it connected Escondido, Poway and Lakeside.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

More useless trivia from Fritz the meteorologist, Uranus was originally known as yerbutthole.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X