Break down: Why Melvin Gordon is not a product of a historically great Wisconsin line

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MiddleMan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Break down: Why Melvin Gordon is not a product of a historically great Wisconsin line

A great video breaking down not only how talented Melvin Gordon really is, but also showing the techniques and strategies involved in the running game. These videos (along with Steve) really taught me the ins and outs and intricacies of football. Enjoy!

This guy.......has a man-crush for Ken Whisenhunt.
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Nice breakdown. Very educational and obviously he is high on Gordon. I so look forward to how he can elevate our running game this year...i think he could be THE difference maker this year. He just reminds me of LT with his quickness on those power runs and the stiff arms. This is going to be an exciting year fellas...having a real threat in the run game with Gordon and Woodhead is going to bring us right into contention when combined with Rivers and the passing game.

Very excited very excited

Comment

• Geezbolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Sun Valley, ID
      • Send PM

I really like the way he makes the MLB miss in the hole. He appears to have great vision and I don't think that's an easy thing to coach. Loved the one with 10 men in the box and how he reacted.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The thing that may well be getting missed is that not a single one of those special cuts (which aren't quite as special as he makes them out to be) was on the other side, off of players who were already engaged. Last year, it was not a case of Brown and Oliver getting as far as Gordon then failing to do anything else. They never got going and were being forced to make cuts before the blocking could even get them going.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          The thing that may well be getting missed is that not a single one of those special cuts (which aren't quite as special as he makes them out to be) was on the other side, off of players who were already engaged. Last year, it was not a case of Brown and Oliver getting as far as Gordon then failing to do anything else. They never got going and were being forced to make cuts before the blocking could even get them going.
          So you're not impressed with Gordon?

Comment

• chargerkdb
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Hotter than hell, Georgia
            • Send PM

Damn he gets up to speed quick.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2015
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I agree, and this is why I was concerned with Gordon as our first round pick. Backs in our offense have, unfortunately, had to create before they even get to the LOS. Hopefully the addition of Franklin and stability at center will go a ways in changing that.

Comment

• maurile
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Great video. Brett Kollman's other videos in the series are also excellent. The Mariota & Winston videos were quite instructive.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  So you're not impressed with Gordon?
                  I am impressed. I just think it is more about his acceleration. I think Gordon has rare acceleration, which is the most important thing a rb can have. I also think he is ahead of most rookie rb, but in a lot of areas they can catch him.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

lol all i saw in this video was the HUGE HOLES this dude exploited.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

The speed and the vision impres me the most. And the LT stiff arm.
                      #tingleyinmyprivates
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

Our offensive line, with the addition of Franklin, is going to be better than what Mathews had when he was here - especially if we can upgrade RG after June 1st cuts, or the light comes on for Porkchops.
                        All Gordon has to do is be at least as good as Mathews (I think he's going to be better) and stay on the field. Don't over-complicate things guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X