• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

It might not be such a bad thing that the Broncos and Raiders win games. Because then KC will really have to work for the division and not walk all over teams like they've been doing, which is getting boring real fast.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Great game last night. Jackson is the slipperiest qb ever. But he can’t last with the hits he’s taking.
      Does anybody but me think that Jackson is never going to be a complete QB? That is, the type that is able to read defenses well, go through his progressions, feel pressure without bouncing around the pocket like a human pinball, making catchable throws consistently? Sounded like the announcers were making excuses for him all night, praising every throw - good or bad - he made from the pocket. And he seems to disappear in the most important games. Incredible athlete, for sure; but a complete QB? I don't see it yet.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Does anybody but me think that Jackson is never going to be a complete QB? That is, the type that is able to read defenses well, go through his progressions, feel pressure without bouncing around the pocket like a human pinball, making catchable throws consistently? Sounded like the announcers were making excuses for him all night, praising every throw - good or bad - he made from the pocket. And he seems to disappear in the most important games. Incredible athlete, for sure; but a complete QB? I don't see it yet.
        I'm with you on this, I think he's already peaked.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

He is a stellar athlete playing QB not a stellar QB who’s athletic.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

I think he is headed for career backuperism.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I never said I was happy with the Pipkins pick - I never even heard of the guy before we picked him. Clearly he hasn’t developed much, yet the coaching staff still seems to see enough in him to keep him on the 53 man roster, not even on the practice squad.

The point about Crosby was that we yes we passed on him, but so did everyone else - he wasn’t a sure thing at all and has developed.
              Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Maxx Crosby is a first-round talent, he just happened to be selected in the 4th round. Just goes to show you that even hundreds of professional scouts and other football experts are not infallible.
              Crosby's talent exceeds his draft position. But nobody was going to draft him in the 1st or even 2nd round. He wasn't on anybody's board that high. Yes, it's easy to have hindsight, but the board I think was pretty universally puzzled by the Pipkins pick in the 3rd round and I think we all thought there were better players on the board and that Pipkins would have been available in a later round. I think we all considered it a wasted pick, and it looks like we were right. I'm just throwing Crosby out as an example of who else was available when Telesco picked Pipkins.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Crosby's talent exceeds his draft position. But nobody was going to draft him in the 1st or even 2nd round. He wasn't on anybody's board that high. Yes, it's easy to have hindsight, but the board I think was pretty universally puzzled by the Pipkins pick in the 3rd round and I think we all thought there were better players on the board and that Pipkins would have been available in a later round. I think we all considered it a wasted pick, and it looks like we were right. I'm just throwing Crosby out as an example of who else was available when Telesco picked Pipkins.
                True that.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

He is a stellar athlete playing QB not a stellar QB who’s athletic.
                  That tuck and roll thing Lamar did at mid-field stripe was ridiculous. He was on some kind of Michael Vick star-trip and Gus Bradley coached them up on Lamar's questionable ball-security, and made him look foolish. Hard to coach that out of him, when that is his game.

Alejandro Villanueva has less than nothing left. You were right, brother.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That tuck and roll thing Lamar did at mid-field stripe was ridiculous. He was on some kind of Michael Vick star-trip and Gus Bradley coached them up on Lamar's questionable ball-security, and made him look foolish. Hard to coach that out of him, when that is his game.

Alejandro Villanueva has less than nothing left. You were right, brother.
                    On some things but definitely miss often.
                    Had questions if Slater would be able to hold up at OT. 1 game in and I’m a believer. Impressive performance against 2 top 20 EDGE guys.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

I watched the highlights of Jags at Texans, which Houston won easily, 47-21.The Texans iced the game midway through the third quarter and Trevor Lawrence got a few TDs in garbage time.

Tyrod Taylor was surprisingly good. No mistakes. 291 yards passing, 2 TDs. 40 yards rushing. He threw deep. He threw over the middle. He broke free from defenders and made plays with his arm. He's got a deep connection going with Brandon Cooks. I'm glad for him, that he has an opportunity to start for a team. I thought the Texans were going to be the worst team in the league. They won't be, they may have beat the worst team in the league. They are going to compete in the AFC South I think. They are the only team with a win after Week 1. We should not forget that Taylor was undefeated as a Chargers' QB.

Trevor Lawrence - he's got talent, but I'm not entirely sure about him. He threw 3 INTs, and they were atrocious. Hit the defender in stride on two of them. Seems inaccurate throwing while running laterally. He's not Justin Herbert. Does not look nearly as polished and poised as Herbert was as a rookie, with Herbert having no preparation before stepping into the starting role. None of this year's rookie QBs that played yesterday look as polished as Herbert as a rookie IMO.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Not yet, but he did win an MVP.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

He enjoys fumbling too much. At some point the turnovers will be too much to overlook.

Comment

Working...
                          X