Chargers @ WFT GDT and Post Game Discussion (Wk 1)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Could not watch the game live. Just got to see it now. So glad to see the aggression on the last drive of the game. So glad. Don’t know if that was Lombardi or Staley or both. But THAT is how you win games. You don’t turtle up and hope you can run the clock enough to give the other team just enough time to score and then hope your punt team plays well and then hope your defense holds. You stay agrgressive. Love it!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

81 had a monster game, very glad he did.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
        Good to win but beating a Washington team led by Tyler Heneiche isn’t that inspiring.

Nassir Adderly does not impress at all. He had an INT go right through his hands giving up a huge play to Washington. Then he got flat out embarrassed on a super basic route where he gave up the TD.

I couldn’t believe it when Telesco passed on Juan Thornhill for Adderly and it’s still mind blowing.
        You’re playing the hindsight game with regards to Thornhill over Adderly. Adderly was the better prospect and the guy who had experience playing centerfielder, a perfect match in Bradley’s scheme.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

They actually did not pick up the ball either, it rolled through the back of the end zone
          Not one player on the field thought it was a fumble

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            Damn!....Chiefs won....... Browns ran all over KC, but Mayfield cant beat you by throwing when you really have to throw......
            When their LT Jedrick went out, I knew things looked bad.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Because it wasnt.Screw these refs,as if they didnt know better?Ya right.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                WFT clearly watched the film from last year and read the pfffff analysis and said "we're going to make Herbert beat us by being accurate on intermediate passes."

And he did. We should be thrilled by how he played. He was better than last year. More in control. This is more important than ANYTHING ELSE.
                Yes, Washington made a priority of shutting off deep routs, and Herb was brilliant nailing the intermediates. This demonstrates he can win without success in the deep game.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

There were two forward passes that counted as fumbles. The first one by Fitzpatrick. No one on the field thought that one was a fumble either. K-9 practically walked right by the loose ball.

If that’s how the refs are gonna call it this year, then Staley needs to get on the players about covering up everything, even if it seems like a incomplete pass.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Being a fan of a team means I support my team. These are my boys: GM, coaches, players.

Occasional criticism is one thing, doubting we can win against a particular opponent is one thing...but If you gonna doubt their every move, bring up every possible flaw, rehash old failings....if you gonna trash on the Chargers, trash on your own... I'll be coming at you hard...all season long.
                    Thank you.. Very well said sir!! I much rather support existing GM, coaches, and players mostly, rather than criticize their every move. It also does nothing for me to criticize former GM, coaches, and players, since they are no longer a part of the Chargers.

I feel very good about this group and I think this is just the tip of the iceberg for better things to come!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                      Great postgame speech by coach Staley. Still pumped about this win
                      How awesome is that, that Herbert gives Staley a game ball?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

How awesome is that, that Herbert gives Staley a game ball?
                        Is there a link?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Is there a link?
                          Just earlier in the thread... YouTube only link.

Go inside the locker room for Coach Brandon Staley's postgame speech following the Bolts Week 1 victory over the Washington Football Team where he gives out ...

Comment

Working...
                          X