• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2015
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I'm wondering for those who actually watched Perryman, is his college production and pro potential better than Butler or T'eo? Injuries have held back T'eo, and I can only speculate that Butler had unknown issues, other than an inflated wallet that caused a butt/attitude pull.
    His pro potential specifically at MIKE LB is a lot better than Te'o and Butler. He can actually stack and shed to make plays, which isn't something that we've had on the inside consistently since Takeo left. And he plays a downhill brand of football that the other two just don't.

Ingram is a natural SOLB, but has been blocked by JJ in the base D thus far. That changes this year. He takes over starting on the strong side, and Attaochu is obviously the WOLB. I don't know where Patra's head is at with Tourek.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

Chad young f b

Dude can do it all.

Block catch and run.

Remember when oneal would get the one yard for us? That's chad young.

And the dude is straight nasty. Has a mean streak. Love laying the wood.

I think brown gets cut for this dude.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
        Chad young f b

Dude can do it all.

Block catch and run.

Remember when oneal would get the one yard for us? That's chad young.

And the dude is straight nasty. Has a mean streak. Love laying the wood.

I think brown gets cut for this dude.
        Waitaminute did we get this guy?

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah he was an invitee

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
            His pro potential specifically at MIKE LB is a lot better than Te'o and Butler. He can actually stack and shed to make plays, which isn't something that we've had on the inside consistently since Takeo left. And he plays a downhill brand of football that the other two just don't.

Ingram is a natural SOLB, but has been blocked by JJ in the base D thus far. That changes this year. He takes over starting on the strong side, and Attaochu is obviously the WOLB. I don't know where Patra's head is at with Tourek.
            Speaking of Takeo...We had him when he was pretty much just a presence/shot caller. Based off of his stats, His #'s just weren't the same after the injury he had in 2005 while a member of the Buffalo Bills.

I didn't know that Brandon Spikes was his Brother ! I guess the LB gene runs in the family but he must have taken Takeos neck because he actually has one . He's still a Free Agent as of now. Did he have some type of injury or is he in the 3rd-4th quarter of his career ? He was money while on the Patriots
            Last edited by Sec-E4; 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

QB- Rivers
              RB- Oliver/Gordon
              TE - Gates
              SE - Floyd
              Slot - Johnson
              FL - Allen
              LT - Dunlap
              LG - Franklin
              C - Watt
              RG- Troutman
              RT - Fluker

I expect our 11 personnel to drop dramatically from last year, but will still be well over 50% of the snaps. Oliver starts the season because of his experience in pass protection.

D
              OLB/DE - Ingram
              DE/DT- Reyes
              DE/DT- Liuget
              OLB/DE - Attaochu
              ILB - Teo
              ILB - Butler/Perryman
              NB - Wilson/Mager
              CB - Flowers
              S- Weddle
              S- Addae
              CB- Verrett

Mager will win the starting NB spot by midseason, allowing Wilson to focus on S. Expect Williams to play in the base D in much the same mold as JJ did. Hopefully, Mathews and Philton will cause Liuget and Reyes to lose playing time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                QB- Rivers
                RB- Oliver/Gordon
                TE - Gates
                SE - Floyd
                Slot - Johnson
                FL - Allen
                LT - Dunlap
                LG - Franklin
                C - Watt
                RG- Troutman
                RT - Fluker

I expect our 11 personnel to drop dramatically from last year, but will still be well over 50% of the snaps. Oliver starts the season because of his experience in pass protection.

D
                OLB/DE - Ingram
                DE/DT- Reyes
                DE/DT- Liuget
                OLB/DE - Attaochu
                ILB - Teo
                ILB - Butler/Perryman
                NB - Wilson/Mager
                CB - Flowers
                S- Weddle
                S- Addae
                CB- Verrett

Mager will win the starting NB spot by midseason, allowing Wilson to focus on S. Expect Williams to play in the base D in much the same mold as JJ did. Hopefully, Mathews and Philton will cause Liuget and Reyes to lose playing time.
                Patrick Robinson played in the nickel/slot in New Orleans. I think he will have a huge nod over Mager unless he gets hurt down the line. If Verrett gets injured then it should be between Williams and Mager to be that backup. I think Williams SHOULD win that one. It sucks to be thinking Verrett is going to get hurt at some point but he has missed time i think nearly every season in college and last year.

I also cant see any way that Ingram wont be playing in JJ's spot.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I think Reyes is in a fight for the starter's spot too.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/rost...-ff70066d0b46/ Chad Young, NY Jets.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

I think he was brought in for depth. We are certainly not paying him starters money. And while he was intended to play in the slot last year, he ended up playing outside, when the Champ Bailey thing didn't work out.

Most teams like smaller, quicker slot guys. We prefer bigger, more physical guys and give them more run responsibility and match them up vs the TE more often then most teams. Our nickle DB is more of a hybrid LB and S type, who is also expected to run and cover like a CB. Gilchrist was our nickle DB for the last several years, despite being called a S. I think Mager is being brought in to be his replacement. Wilson will probably start out there.

We tend to play smaller, quicker guys outside. Robinson has OK size, but he doesn't play physical and isn't good at run support. He would be horrible on early down in our slot, when he has to mix it up with TE and RB and run support. Robinson may get some dime looks in the slot, but with only a $1 mill salary, we didn't bring him in to play that much. That is vet backup money.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

I would hope that Reyes and Liuget are both fighting for their jobs. AS many big plays as they make, they allow more. They are a big part of why our run D hasn't been very good, and it is not because either of them can't play run D. Both can be very good run defenders. But for whatever reason, they don't play the run very well, allowing a lot of mental mistakes.

I put Reyes on the nickle/starters list mostly because he is the guy who plays most of the pass rush downs.

But this is a contract year for both Reyes and Liuget. Unless both show major improvement, I wouldn't resign either of them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I think he was brought in for depth. We are certainly not paying him starters money. And while he was intended to play in the slot last year, he ended up playing outside, when the Champ Bailey thing didn't work out.

Most teams like smaller, quicker slot guys. We prefer bigger, more physical guys and give them more run responsibility and match them up vs the TE more often then most teams. Our nickle DB is more of a hybrid LB and S type, who is also expected to run and cover like a CB. Gilchrist was our nickle DB for the last several years, despite being called a S. I think Mager is being brought in to be his replacement. Wilson will probably start out there.

We tend to play smaller, quicker guys outside. Robinson has OK size, but he doesn't play physical and isn't good at run support. He would be horrible on early down in our slot, when he has to mix it up with TE and RB and run support. Robinson may get some dime looks in the slot, but with only a $1 mill salary, we didn't bring him in to play that much. That is vet backup money.
                          You mean his 2 million salary with incentives to make it 3 million? I'd call that close to starter money.
                          1.25 mil of it is guaranteed.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-17-2015, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X