• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Gaziano elevated from PS....
    Let's see what "Rocky" Gaziano can do...Bosa and Gaziano...the Italian Stallions at bookend DT's...mama mia, that's a spicy combo!

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
      Chargers Hall of Fame
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Ekeler runs wild.
      Really hoping for this. For a Chargers win AND for my FF team.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Is anybody worried about Micah Parsons making DAL not even miss DeMarcus Lawrence here ?

Some pundits are actually saying Dak is licking his chops because there's no CHJ.

Don't forget to remember that a Staley run defense is atypical but effective (see LAR '20 ranking !)
        Hopefully Chargers are not over confident......

Most of the media see this as being a high scoring close shoot out .......where one turnover or mistake will likely determine winner......

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Watch the snap at about 6:45. Covington is in the 2i and the LG is asigned to double him with the LT, with the LG rubbing off to the second level. Because the LG and LT have so far to go to the double, thr LG has trouble sensing when to leave Covington to get to the second level and he's able to spkit the double relatively easily.

This is how we are designed to play run D in a light box. We only need to get this done sometimes to force teams to pass.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Watch the snap at about 6:45. Covington is in the 2i and the LG is asigned to double him with the LT, with the LG rubbing off to the second level. Because the LG and LT have so far to go to the double, thr LG has trouble sensing when to leave Covington to get to the second level and he's able to spkit the double relatively easily.

This is how we are designed to play run D in a light box. We only need to get this done sometimes to force teams to pass.
            It's counterintuitive.
            It's a beautiful thing.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sure have.
              just thought someone bigger to be called up in JJs place, like Eric Banks
              Gaziano is a few cheeseburgers away from a JJ I suppose
              Joe is Aaron Donald size if size is the key.
              95 Covington for run D. 92 for QB pressure.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Gaziano was on the PS last year and was elevated to the regular roster for a few games. Didn't really stand out. I was hoping he could be our Maxx Crosby. His father is a justice on the Massachusetts state Supreme Court. He was known for his high motor at Northwestern. I think he is the all time sacks leader for NU. Northwestern has sort of replaced Notre Dame as Telesco's favorite school to draft from. Gaziano, Rashawn Slater, Justin Jackson. I think they were all teammates together at one time.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Gaziano was on the PS last year and was elevated to the regular roster for a few games. Didn't really stand out. I was hoping he could be our Maxx Crosby. His father is a justice on the Massachusetts state Supreme Court. He was known for his high motor at Northwestern. I think he is the all time sacks leader for NU. Northwestern has sort of replaced Notre Dame as Telesco's favorite school to draft from. Gaziano, Rashawn Slater, Justin Jackson. I think they were all teammates together at one time.
                  Not only Northwestern, but look at the Florida State pipeline:

florida st.JPG

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post
                    Hello Bolt fans im back to give you my predicted score for cowbums at Bolts...

Bolts 31 Cowbums 16

Book It... Let's Go Bolts!!!
                    Congratulations on your win on Thurs! Nice to see ya back .. have a good one.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      It's counterintuitive.
                      It's a beautiful thing.
                      If the starting assumption is: we will allocate personnel and attention to prioritize stopping the biggest threat, which is the opponent's passing game...it is more intuitive.

The traditional football thinking we all grew up with is to stop the run first. "Force teams to pass." That traditional logic is getting flipped w/modern football. I do increasingly think that this style of defense (featuring fewer in the box) will push the Chargers to prioritize defensive tackle in free agency/draft.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

If the starting assumption is: we will allocate personnel and attention to prioritize stopping the biggest threat, which is the opponent's passing game...it is more intuitive.

The traditional football thinking we all grew up with is to stop the run first. "Force teams to pass." That traditional logic is getting flipped w/modern football. I do increasingly think that this style of defense (featuring fewer in the box) will push the Chargers to prioritize defensive tackle in free agency/draft.
                        we were once the “you can’t run” team with Jamal Williams anchoring the dL. But you’re right it has flipped now. It’s pass heavy. Still teams that can control the ball and clock with the run can still succeed. It’s what makes Cleveland attractive and the Ravens before the RB decimation

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          we were once the “you can’t run” team with Jamal Williams anchoring the dL. But you’re right it has flipped now. It’s pass heavy. Still teams that can control the ball and clock with the run can still succeed. It’s what makes Cleveland attractive and the Ravens before the RB decimation
                          Strong Insight muscles here. Props.

The Ravens, Browns and Patriots are saying to the pass-happy league: "How'd like me now?" Each chess master sees the board differently. Some smart NFL coaches still believe in bully-ball.

The Greeks had the phalanx, the Carthaginians their elephants marching through the Alps, the Mongols featured small hearty horses, the Roman's their superior military discipline. Walsh, Parcells, Johnson, Belichick...carried very different ideas.

Which coach and team will make it all work? It keeps us watching.

Comment

Working...
                          X