• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The league looked at 650,000 of Gruden's emails. But....When you are a high profile person in a very high profile job, you expose yourself to that kind of scrutiny. Pretty sure the other Dayton Flyer doesn't have the same crap in his closet.
    No. Maybe if the WFT emails but Gruden didn’t send 650,000 emails. Come on man

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Hopefully it won't be too many posts, Merges are work, heh.
      Ill do it. lol

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah I send a lot of emails but it's like 5k a year at most. 650k would take me at least 130 years. Probably more like 250 years.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

And the difference with other people accused of crimes is that there is still somewhat of a question of whether they did it. While a private org isn't constrained by "innocent until proven guilty", there's still a measure of doubt. There's no real dispute on the facts here. Ray Rice got 2 weeks, which is widely acknowledged as being way too lax.

Regardless, other poeple getting away with something in the past doesn't mean more people should get away with things in the future. We'll see how the Watson stuff goes, the NFL is waiting on the courts.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

Gruden? Despite his few big accomplishments, the guy has kind of an underwhelming win-loss record over his career. His team would have spiraled downward this season anyways. Derek Carr was beginning to show his yearly mediocrity as well.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I'm hoping the Raiders hire someone next year extremely cheesy & reeking of Las Vegas as their new head coach.
              Is Wayne Newton still around and would he be interested?

The final knife in the back to the Raider die hards.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I feel like the Chargers started this downward spiral a week ago. So that’s one starting QB, a HC sent to the hospital, and another HC run out of town.

Dont play the Chargers.

Comment

• I don't like what Gruden did with those emails, but somehow I like it less when organizations like the Times release it to the public 10 years later. It seems like they are just trying to get clicks on a slow news cycle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    I'm hoping the Raiders hire someone next year extremely cheesy & reeking of Las Vegas as their new head coach.
                    Is Wayne Newton still around and would he be interested?

The final knife in the back to the Raider die hards.
                    They will hire an Elvis impersonator.
                    And Wayne Newton is still around lol

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post
                      I don't like what Gruden did with those emails, but somehow I like it less when organizations like the Times release it to the public 10 years later. It seems like they are just trying to get clicks on a slow news cycle.

This 10 year later stuff is just wrong. It’s a bunch of emails over a 7 year period from 2011-2018. So not 10 years ago. The league had em, the Raiders had em, that’s how The NY Times got them. I might feel differently if it was one email 10 years ago but it wasn’t. Gruden’s a douche bag.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jo...rs-raiders-nfl

In reviewing more than 650,000 emails sent over the past decade, the NFL has reportedly found numerous examples of Gruden using misogynistic and anti-LGBTQ comments, according to Ken Belson and Katherine Rosman of The New York Times. The findings come as a result of the league's separate workplace misconduct investigation into the Washington Football Team.
                        COUGH, COUGH.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

This 10 year later stuff is just wrong. It’s a bunch of emails over a 7 year period from 2011-2018. So not 10 years ago. The league had em, the Raiders had em, that’s how The NY Times got them. I might feel differently if it was one email 10 years ago but it wasn’t. Gruden’s a douche bag.
                          This.

Comment

Working...
                          X