• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We Got Jobbed - Bolts Penalized 12 Times

Ordinarily, I am of the “penalties are part of the game” ilk and would also say if you don’t want to get called, then stop committing them. But this game was an abomination. Just sickening. Too mad to post anything else

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

The officials were terrible.

I get the Cowboys probably think some holdings were not called; the possible PI on Samuel on 4th down; the Kearse INT was negated by a DPI... but

The Aboushi down the field - he was no more than two yards

I think the OPI on Guyton on the Allen play - that was a pretty quick pass to Allen and Guyton didn't start blocking for 20 yards - I would like to see the wide angle on that one

The Herbert play - if Corrente wouldn't call that on Rodgers in GB or Brady in Tampa, don't call it on Herbert

The Cook play -- I rewound that - I think he was set for a second and the refs thought they saw something but he was set

The Parham TD - I think that was holding

The officiating in the NFL is consistently terrible

Comment

• ducasse
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Officials may have been bad but Chargers need to make plays. They lost because Dallas outplayed them.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ducasse View Post
        Officials may have been bad but Chargers need to make plays. They lost because Dallas outplayed them.
        This. 17 points ain’t gonna beat anybody.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          The officials were terrible.

I get the Cowboys probably think some holdings were not called; the possible PI on Samuel on 4th down; the Kearse INT was negated by a DPI... but

The Aboushi down the field - he was no more than two yards

I think the OPI on Guyton on the Allen play - that was a pretty quick pass to Allen and Guyton didn't start blocking for 20 yards - I would like to see the wide angle on that one

The Herbert play - if Corrente wouldn't call that on Rodgers in GB or Brady in Tampa, don't call it on Herbert

The Cook play -- I rewound that - I think he was set for a second and the refs thought they saw something but he was set

The Parham TD - I think that was holding

The officiating in the NFL is consistently terrible
          re: the parham td- If the player rips under the blocker it’s not holding, and then on top of it he’s being blocked by the rb too.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ducasse View Post
            Make plays like touchdowns? Like two touchdowns? Maybe they should have done better to make more plays where they scored 14 points. I agree, they should do that.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

What about say 28?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You do realize the Chargers had two touchdowns called back

Now I think the Chargers played like pretty uneven and the coaching by Lombardi and Staley was not great -- but penalties on dubious calls did take points OFF the board.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

re: the parham td- If the player rips under the blocker it’s not holding, and then on top of it he’s being blocked by the rb too.
                  I missed that than - when I saw the replay quickly I thought it was holding
                  probably LOOKED like holding more than actual holding

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I missed that than - when I saw the replay quickly I thought it was holding
                    probably LOOKED like holding more than actual holding
                    I admit his arm was around the player but it was clearly because the defensive player dipped under him and then he was picked up by the rb. It was the definition of ticky tack. Essentially they can call that in every play if they want to, they just had it out for the chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I admit his arm was around the player but it was clearly because the defensive player dipped under him and then he was picked up by the rb. It was the definition of ticky tack. Essentially they can call that in every play if they want to, they just had it out for the chargers.
                      Those were some big calls. The Aboushi play - I think the Chargers still scored. But that is really a what the hell call? It didn't give the Chargers a competitive advantage in the least.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I don't subscribe to the "refs took the game away from us" line of reasoning. Unless it's something SO egregious (e.g., Hochouli/Denver; the non-PI call against the Rams which gave them the game against the Saints in the playoffs a few years back), penalties tend to even out. When you're losing, it's easy to blame the refs. When you have a checkered history, as the Chargers have had, blaming the refs is a much more popular pastime.

As for Herbert, I think it's entirely possible that he regresses, statistically, this year. Hell, the guy has only started 17 games. A *little* patience with him - and Staley - might be in order. This is probably a 10-win team, at best. It's just one game.

Comment

Working...
                        X