• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Why would you take someone with a 4th round grade in the 3rd if you have anyone rated higher than that? If you don't have a second round pick you don't take someone with a second round grade in the first, you take the highest player on your board. Why would that change in the later rounds? Not having a pick in the following round should make you want to maximize the value of the picks you do have.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

So they could draft another guy worthy of a 3rd round pick with their 3rd round pick. Then they take a perceived 3rd round talent like Mager with a 4th round pick.
      Mager + 3rd rounder = 2x third round talent. Taking Mager in 3rd round leads = 1x third round talent, 1x 4th round talent.

Who, other than the Chargers cared about this guy?

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/03...b-craig-mager/ 6th round projection
      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...84/craig-mager 4th round
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
        Why would you take someone with a 4th round grade in the 3rd if you have anyone rated higher than that? If you don't have a second round pick you don't take someone with a second round grade in the first, you take the highest player on your board. Why would that change in the later rounds? Not having a pick in the following round should make you want to maximize the value of the picks you do have.
        Exactly. All the "they reached and took him a round early" is pure supposition and based on online mocks, which are fun to play around with before the draft, but in reality are meaningless. A ton of guys went a lot higher and a lot lower than they were consensus mocked. I don't for a minute believe that they panicked and reached for Mager, because it was not our biggest area of need and we were short on picks. I believe they had him rated highly and took him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
          I believe they had him rated highly and took him.
          This.

I don't think for a second that Telesco is an idiot, or that people on this board know more about the college players than our scouts & GM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

We didn't have a 7th rounder either. Maybe we should've reached lower?
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Bump.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Everybody is going oip with the bumps.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                X