• Show
Clear All
  • Wheels
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    It seems like both the Giants and Chargers are trying to cut down on injuries but it's not working....a lot of it must be luck...Denver goes from 25th to 1st in one year....

but then again..look at the bottom seven teams....consistent injury numbers over the two years
    I recall the falcons being one of the least injured teams a few years ago. It might be due to coaching changes, but if it's the same training staff, that would tend to support luck being a major factor.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2015
      • Send PM

Jason Verrett missed one game in three seasons at TCU. One.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yep injury prone...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
          Jason Verrett missed one game in three seasons at TCU. One.

This was posted by Engine 420 before the draft:

All quotes below are from NFL.com.
          Round 1
          Jason Verrett, Chargers CB
          2010 – “Missing three contests with a hamstring injury.”
          2012 – “Had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee during '12 spring practice.”
          2012 – “Suffered a torn meniscus in his right knee against Texas but played in final two games before having surgery in January '13.”
          2013 – “Played most of the season with a torn labrum originally injured in the third game against Texas Tech and re-injured in November.”
          2014 – “Had the shoulder surgically repaired in March.”
          Rookie season – Played in 6 games

So he missed more than one game but he got pretty beat up. How effective would he be in the NFL playing on a torn Meniscus? I like Verrett but when i saw that, i worry about his durability.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-01-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2015
            • Send PM

I don't know anything about 2010 because he wasn't at TCU. What I do know is that he played three years of major college football and missed one game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I doubt he plays two games in the NFL with a torn meniscus and those are 12-13 game college seasons without 4 preseason games.

Just saying he is a injury concern for me anyways. I wasnt that concerned til i saw that. Hope he proves otherwise but one season down, only 6 games played. Hoping for 16 this season.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-01-2015, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Verrett was injured before he came into camp last year - from a football injury while in college.

In 2013, Verrett finished his senior year at TCU despite a torn right posterior labrum. This unrelated injury to the left shoulder was more significant, involving a tear to the posterior, anterior and inferior labrum, sources said.

Not unlike two top defensive players picked in the first round of last year's draft, TCU defensive back Jason Verrett will enter this upcoming draft recovering from a shoulder injury, specifically a torn labrum ...

Some durability concerns after several nagging injuries plagued him in 2013, most notably a shoulder injury.

RISK.
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2015
                  • Send PM

If Verrett's one missed game in college constitutes an especially notable injury risk, then about half of the NFL prospects that ever come out of college fall in the same category.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Ebenezer View Post
                    If Verrett's one missed game in college constitutes an especially notable injury risk, then about half of the NFL prospects that ever come out of college fall in the same category.
                    Judging by last year, I'd say the people who thought Verrett was an injury risk were right.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      Judging by last year, I'd say the people who thought Verrett was an injury risk were right.
                      They knew he had the torn labrum before the draft. IMO they drafted the guy for a long time, and knew he may not play a full season his rookie year. If he has a better career than Roby or another CB taken after him (I think Verett has great coverage ability) I am good with it. If he has an injury plagued career, I will not be happy. At this point he has 4 years left on his rookie deal....time will tell, but I think we will be pleased with this selection for many years to come.

Comment

Working...
                      X