• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iowachargers 70
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That type of thinking taken to its extreme would mean no player should ever try to advance the ball ever. I agree players should try to advance the ball when they can, just in general.

“Unless its 4th quarter, inside 2 min, opponent is behind and out of timeouts. Then yes - don’t McCree the damn thing and just lay down and let the O line up in victory formation.
    Yes I 100% agree with your 2nd paragraph!! That is situational smart play. Yes McCree should've just knocked the ball down. Couple of years ago, Tre Boston should've advanced the ball instead of just jacking around and showboating. Against the Jaguars I believe. There was to much time on the clock and the Jags had timeouts. Chargers had a 3 and out and Jaguars came down and kicked a game winning field goal.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      I wonder - Did Kenneth Murray lose his spot to Drue today?
      I couldn't find full snap counts. This site says K9 31% of snaps. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-3-...city-chiefs-24

Comment

• Iowachargers 70
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

ESPN says Reid was treated for dehydration

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Tillery had a pretty good game today
          The Chargers would REALLY benefit from Tillery having as many good games as possible.

He will ultimately be a flashing neon light of either

(1) the Bolts' glaring need to shore up the interior of the D-line, or

(2) the Bolts' vast improvement in run defense as the season progresses.

IMO, even though it's only Tillery's third season, it's really his final chance to make a good impression before his employers acquire his successor. I mean... if Tillery fails to show significant improvement, can Telesco be expected to put off investing premium draft capital in a quality interior d-lineman before the start of the 2022 season?!?

If Tillery steps up? It *won't be mandatory that the club draft D-line early in the 2022 draft.

If Tillery *doesn't* step up? D-line will be the top priority in the next offseason.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

With our kicker, it seems unlikely we'll be winning by a last-second FG this year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Austin Gayle

@PFF_AustinGayle
              Justin Herbert is on a warpath this season — legit improvement in accuracy and clean-pocket play. Will enter Week 4 top-five in
              @PFF
              grade.
              Twitter Web App
              That's what better protection and more experience will do for you.

Comment

• Iowachargers 70
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Send PM

Can't believe we haven't had a poll yet Top(poll)cat???

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  a

he makes tackles where the others have been missing them.
                  I liked Drue when we drafted him. He reminded me of Weddle in a lot of ways. Not the most physical freak but makes up for it with his smarts and fundamentals.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Can't answer to your question, but Drue has his best day today as a pro, in these eyes.
                    Concur. Tranquil, IIRC, wasn't among the defenders who took poor angles in run defense. He made some key tackles, and was in on a sack. He looked like he was in the flow of the defensive game plan, and getting shit done.

It also makes sense to me that guys like Murray, Tranquil and White get different amounts of snaps, week to week, based on the opponent, the defensive game plan, and the strengths (and health!) of these particular players.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I liked Drue when we drafted him. He reminded me of Weddle in a lot of ways. Not the most physical freak but makes up for it with his smarts and fundamentals.
                      Well said. I think that's pretty accurate. A REALLY good, not great, athlete who's a smart football player who loves playing the game.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Guys, what does Murray do that I should be excited about? Honestly, the guy reminds me of a linebacker version of Pipkens. I'm not aware of anything he does really well...at least so far in his NFL career. I want him to do well. To excel. But I don't know.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers 70 View Post

Yes I 100% agree with your 2nd paragraph!! That is situational smart play. Yes McCree should've just knocked the ball down. Couple of years ago, Tre Boston should've advanced the ball instead of just jacking around and showboating. Against the Jaguars I believe. There was to much time on the clock and the Jags had timeouts. Chargers had a 3 and out and Jaguars came down and kicked a game winning field goal.
                          That the Charger’s advanced losing strategy. They’ve been honing it for years.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X