• Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
    I'm sure everyone noticed that, once again, Herbert was throwing lasers... dimes... ropes... darts... bullets... All of these adjectives apply.

And his low arc and high velocity make his passes less susceptible to the wind. Mahomes has an amazing arm, but some of his high arc passes were clearly affected by the winds today.

Comment

• Rugger05
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      How was Tillery today?
      He applied some pressure today. I still think he is a liability against the run, but he played well today

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        How was Tillery today?
        Much better than before, particularly on rushing the passer. His better play was noticed by a lot of people. It was encouraging.

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Tonight's Hops with Pop (YouTube chat with Popper from The Athletic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C9p8CsZk3s

(edited--I had the wrong link at first)

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            Tonight's Hops with Pop (YouTube chat with Popper from The Athletic):

My takeaways: I'm watching. It's great.

Murray Jr. was benched in the 2nd Quarter and Drue is outperforming him. T. Campbell was terrific, and Justin Herbert has just scratched the surface. Lastly, Adderley is trending UP and LB Murray is trending down. Mike Will is tied for the TD lead and Joey Bosa had NINE pressures today, on a bad wheel.

Tranquill, Murray has all the god-given gifts, but right now, Drue is the better football player.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

From USA Today:

According to ESPN’s Ed Werner, Mahomes finished 1-of-14 (7%) for six yards and two interceptions when under duress, worst completion percentage under duress in his career. It marked his first career multi-INT game against a division opponent.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm sorry but all this worry about Murray is b*******. IMO, We subbed him out for a better pass defending linebacker based upon game Flow and what was going on. That is good situational coaching. I can't believe all the drama about the defense, yet how many points per game are we giving up to our opponents compared to what they're scoring elsewhere?

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Tranquill has outperformed Murray this year. If Murray wants more PT he can play better.

He has plenty of physical gifts but he's not processing right yet.

(Would love to have those 2nd and 3rd picks to beef up the lines, but water under the bridge now)

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I remember a certain NE game where a certain DB got a turnover and instead of lying down, he decided to run it back and NE punched it out and regained it - then went on to win. So - while I’d agree he should have gotten up, I’m ok with him securing the INT and ending his contribution on that play right there.
                    Samuel laid down because his own player touched him when he's on the ground. He actually thought he was down by contact.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

And his low arc and high velocity make his passes less susceptible to the wind. Mahomes has an amazing arm, but some of his high arc passes were clearly affected by the winds today.
                      I don’t think Mahomes was the same after big #95 squashed him on that run where he almost scored and fumbled but recovered.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

This team has warts. The good thing is that most of them are fixable (WITH TIME). We've had luck go both for and against us; it tends to even out over the season.

A list of good things:​​

2-1 (anyone who wouldn't take this pre season is lying or nuts)

1-0 in division

Multiple young players are showing notable improvement, or balling as rookies.

Herbert is even better than last year. Compare to the rookie QBs this year and be thankful.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I don't think many of you are appreciating the lack of big plays in the air this defense is giving up. That is the key to staying in games in the NFL. You are all worried about the run game ,which unless you're playing Tennessee, doesn't mean s*** in the long run. When we finish the season take a look at our point differential versus our opponent's average offensive points per game.

Comment

Working...
                          X