• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
    Except it was found out later to be bogus, and he was roided up.

Not doubting Hardwick one bit, but I couldn't let the Mandarich lie go unchallenged.
    Good, you got exactly what I was implying.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
      From personal experience (20 year military vet), I have found the whiz quiz method used by the NFL to be a complete joke.

It may not be as widespread as claimed, but I'm pretty damned sure more than 5 people are using.
      I have that same experience and would agree with you to an extent, but, these guys take multiple tests per year and, per the new CBA, also give up blood to be tested. Sure, you can beat the system once or twice but the odds say that eventually you will get caught. And, not enough guys are getting caught for me to believe that PED's are a wide spread problem in the NFL. It isn't fair to the players to lump them all into 1 basket because of a few bad apples. Most of these guys are family men and do see themselves as role models. They aren't going to risk ruining or tarnishing their own image, the league be damned. Believe it or not the NFL is not full of dumb jocks and most of these guys fully understand the stakes.
      sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        I don't think homeless simpson is as far from the truth as you think. The article you posted even states "There are no hard numbers on how many NFL players are using marijuana, but anecdotal evidence, including the arrest or league discipline of no fewer than a dozen players for pot over the past 18 months, suggests use is becoming more common." The link I posted says that 34 players were busted for substance abuse (they don't specify which substance). Assuming there were a lot of players that didn't get caught, its still a small portion of the NFL player population. If you tripled that number that just reaches homeless simpson's assertion of 5%.
        I am going by mostly the quotes here and elsewhere from guys that played long careers in the NFL on multiple teams. Unless of course you think it is a very team specific phenomenon.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I'm curious how JJ Watt is going to do this year now that HGH testing is in.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Maybe it's just me but I think it's strange that guys like Hardwick and Saturday can gain and shed that weight through diet alone. It's uncanny.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

My nephew shed 80lbs in 5 months thru diet and excercise, after he was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure. Went from 340 to 260 since Feb at 50 years old. Met a lady too. Very proud of him.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

After seeing a picture of the puffy 300 lb Hardwick, it's pretty easy to see how he could have lost all that weight naturally through diet. My guess, however, is that somebody poked him with a needle and he deflated.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

^^^^

Hardwick is a stand-up guy, and I believe unlikely to have used PED's. Other than his size and weight loss, there are no other clues that say he used them, like rage swings, or back-ne. I know it's painful, but watching Biggest Loser shows more dramatic weight loss than Nick, and none of those people can be considered as using roids. However, no one can be for sure except Nick, and God.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      I have that same experience and would agree with you to an extent, but, these guys take multiple tests per year and, per the new CBA, also give up blood to be tested. Sure, you can beat the system once or twice but the odds say that eventually you will get caught. And, not enough guys are getting caught for me to believe that PED's are a wide spread problem in the NFL. It isn't fair to the players to lump them all into 1 basket because of a few bad apples. Most of these guys are family men and do see themselves as role models. They aren't going to risk ruining or tarnishing their own image, the league be damned. Believe it or not the NFL is not full of dumb jocks and most of these guys fully understand the stakes.
                      If they really are using a blood test, then I stand corrected.

It's about damned time!
                      sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • siberiacuse, ny
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                        After seeing a picture of the puffy 300 lb Hardwick, it's pretty easy to see how he could have lost all that weight naturally through diet. My guess, however, is that somebody poked him with a needle and he deflated.

Liposuction? :lol:
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X