Are we that dysfunctional? Have we always been?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Perhaps 'dysfunctional' is the wrong word to use in describing this FO. Whether its stadium talk, Rivers contract, Weddles contract or just plain ol' injury reports, this FO has mastered the ability to send mixed messages. Its like they play the shell game with everything they do.
    sigpic

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

My recollection is a little different. As I remember it, team imposed an arbitrary deadline, and then put him on the some list that has a required suspension with it. Teams have the option to play it the way AJ did, but aren't required to. AJ decided to play it the way he did, but was not required to. So, it really falls as much on AJ for playing it the way he did. Gates was massively outperforming a contract he signed, as indicated by the 6 year, $24 million extension he signed a little while later. At the time, he was easily the best receiving TE in football.

Then in the game that followed, a close one, it would have been easy to see us win had Gates been there (lost 28-24, with a failed drive late in the game to ice the win for Dallas).

Antonio Gates signed a $380,000, one-year contract Sunday night to end his holdout with the San Diego Chargers.

Last edited by Steve; 06-08-2015, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        My recollection is a little different. As I remember it, team imposed an arbitrary deadline, and then put him on the some list that has a required suspension with it. Teams have the option to play it the way AJ did, but aren't required to. AJ decided to play it the way he did, but was not required to. So, it really falls as much on AJ for playing it the way he did. Gates was massively outperforming a contract he signed, as indicated by the 6 year, $24 million extension he signed a little while later. At the time, he was easily the best receiving TE in football.

Then in the game that followed, a close one, it would have been easy to see us win had Gates been there (lost 28-24, with a failed drive late in the game to ice the win for Dallas).

Antonio Gates signed a $380,000, one-year contract Sunday night to end his holdout with the San Diego Chargers.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...20-gates_x.htm
        I can't fault AJ for the way he played it. Besides Gates he had 3 other key players (RFA's) looking for new deals. He moved Gates to the roster exempt list, once there it was up to Gates to sign a deal before a deadline or face a 3 game suspension. He signed his deal 1 day late, he should have been 1 day early. I think his agent misinformed him and Gates did fire him and move over to Tom Condon after that incident.
        sigpic

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

You guys are off topic: we suck NOW. End of conversation.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            You guys are off topic: we suck NOW. End of conversation.
            We suck from Baja to the Canadian Rockies. Get on the fricking ladies line, Escondido, and don't be a pompous ass.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Dysfunctional is an apt description, and it starts at the top. From Alex in 1984 until today, this ownership group has bungled things over and over. It was really a miracle they managed to get into the Super Bowl in 1994 but credit for that goes to Bobby Ross, a tenacious bulldog who fell victim to the inept ways of ownership himself two short years later.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                Dysfunctional is an apt description, and it starts at the top. From Alex in 1984 until today, this ownership group has bungled things over and over. It was really a miracle they managed to get into the Super Bowl in 1994 but credit for that goes to Bobby Ross, a tenacious bulldog who fell victim to the inept ways of ownership himself two short years later.
                Mos def.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  We suck from Baja to the Canadian Rockies. Get on the fricking ladies line, Escondido, and don't be a pompous ass.
                  SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT
                    Everybody into the disfunctional pattern. It's bleeping brilliant. React!

Comment

Working...
                    X