• Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The "I Can't Stand the Name of This Thread Anymore" Thread

By Tom Krasovic

Driving home from the pulp mill Wednesday, Chargers Blogger tuned into the Chargers flagship station, 1360 AM.

Thankfully, both hands were on the steering wheel when the station's afternoon provocateurs, Steve Hartman and Mike Costa, trotted out their brainchild for San Diego and the NFL stadium game.

I admit on behalf of myself and other semi-sane people listening that the idea Hartman/Costa floated -- that San Diego's politicos ought to woo Raiders owner Mark Davis -- is one we never considered.

As if driving on San Diego's increasingly L.A.-like highways wasn't treacherous enough...

The San Diego Raiders?

That's doing a Bob Beamon over Jaws.

And yet, there was to the notion a strange logic.

The Chargers have partnered with the Raiders on a planned stadium in Carson. San Diego, answering one weird move with another, should try to partner with the Raiders.

Practically speaking, the idea raises a slew of giant obstacles, all of them taller than the late John Matuszak wearing Elton John's shoes.

Personally speaking, I'd miss talking football with grizzled Chargers fans. They'd switch the subject.

The type that still winces at mention of the Holy Roller, they'd sooner patronize poodle shows at Balboa Park than a pro football team costumed in Silver and Black.

The San Diego Raiders?

Well, San Diego would still be in the NFL game.

Searching for other positives here...

Not only do the Raiders have one of the best uniforms in sports, they actually wear those classic duds in every game, not just once or twice a season.

Qualcomm Stadium as a temporary home beats Oakland's Coliseum.

Say the Raiders stadium negotiating team is inept. Not just run-of-the-mill inept, but as rube-like as the Raiders football architects the last 10-plus years.

San Diego taxpayers would win the modern NFL stadium game, if it can be won.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...s-carr-rivers/

By Tom Krasovic

Driving home from the pulp mill Wednesday, Chargers Blogger tuned into the Chargers flagship station, 1360 AM.

Thankfully, both hands were on the steering wheel when the station's afternoon provocateurs, Steve Hartman and Mike Costa, trotted out their brainchild for San Diego and the NFL stadium game.

I admit on behalf of myself and other semi-sane people listening that the idea Hartman/Costa floated -- that San Diego's politicos ought to woo Raiders owner Mark Davis -- is one we never considered.

As if driving on San Diego's increasingly L.A.-like highways wasn't treacherous enough...

The San Diego Raiders?

That's doing a Bob Beamon over Jaws.

And yet, there was to the notion a strange logic.

The Chargers have partnered with the Raiders on a planned stadium in Carson. San Diego, answering one weird move with another, should try to partner with the Raiders.

Practically speaking, the idea raises a slew of giant obstacles, all of them taller than the late John Matuszak wearing Elton John's shoes.

Personally speaking, I'd miss talking football with grizzled Chargers fans. They'd switch the subject.

The type that still winces at mention of the Holy Roller, they'd sooner patronize poodle shows at Balboa Park than a pro football team costumed in Silver and Black.

The San Diego Raiders?

Well, San Diego would still be in the NFL game.

Searching for other positives here...

Not only do the Raiders have one of the best uniforms in sports, they actually wear those classic duds in every game, not just once or twice a season.

Qualcomm Stadium as a temporary home beats Oakland's Coliseum.

Say the Raiders stadium negotiating team is inept. Not just run-of-the-mill inept, but as rube-like as the Raiders football architects the last 10-plus years.

San Diego taxpayers would win the modern NFL stadium game, if it can be won.
    The San Diego Raiders would devalue San Diego so much, I might be able to afford to live there again. Of course, I would have to factor in money lost due to robberies.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I heard this non-sense. Hartman has been a closet radio fan acting like a Charger fan since he came back to San Diego, but clearly we know where his heart still lies.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

King Stahlman's ghost would ensure a continuous 0-8 record for that team in that stadium.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

I just threw up a little..
          sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I wondered who would post that article...

Should have figured.

Maybe Qsmokey would watch them play on Sundays...
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

I say the City uses this bluff, just like the Chargers are using Carson as a bluff.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                I just threw up a little..
                Just a little?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

In one of the myriad Stadium threads, I brought up (along with some bile) the possibility of the Bolts partnering with, or leasing to them in MV once they got a deal done with the city.
                  Spanos and Davis are close. Spanos and Kroenke hate each other.
                  #assbackwards
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Makes for good radio show rating I guess. However, city should bluff, and then take a dump on the Raiders if the Chargers still go to Los Angeles.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      I wondered who would post that article...

Should have figured.

Maybe Qsmokey would watch them play on Sundays...
                      I probably would. The only games I watch anymore involve two teams that I generally don't give a shit about. My blood pressure stays out of the 'critical' zone that way.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I heard this non-sense. Hartman has been a closet radio fan acting like a Charger fan since he came back to San Diego, but clearly we know where his heart still lies.
                        Hartman, Costa, Dave and Jeff, all Raider fans.
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X