• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yes, I think they both came on board the same year. Baalke looks a bit like Harbaugh and acts like him some, too. Almost eery. Probably one of the reasons they could not co-exist....too much alike!

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Yes, I think they both came on board the same year. Baalke looks a bit like Harbaugh and acts like him some, too. Almost eery. Probably one of the reasons they could not co-exist....too much alike!

TG
      GM is so important the first year in. The duded must have replaced everybody on that roster so that Harbaugh would have a chance at a .500 season. :lol:
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• JDA21
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        Press conference:

The interview is even worse lol:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim...nterview-game/
        SF is in more trouble than I thought after watching that :lol2:

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
          GM is so important the first year in. The duded must have replaced everybody on that roster so that Harbaugh would have a chance at a .500 season. :lol:
          Could the bar be set much lower? Comparing based on one of the biggest underachieving head coaches in the NFL, Mike Singletary is a nice cushion for the first year coach. I believe he would be outperformed by and and all farm animals as the head coach of a football team.

The point is, both Ballke and Harbaugh were big parts of the success in SF. Unfortunately, as often happens, egos and personality clashes got involved. not the first time, nor the last time this will happen. Wait....in the NBA it has happened twice in two seasons....Mark Jackson and Tom Thobodeau. In most cases such as this, if anyone stays, it is usually the GM, however more often than not both get canned and a new Management team is assembled a la the Chargers post AJ and Norv.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Could the bar be set much lower? Comparing based on one of the biggest underachieving head coaches in the NFL, Mike Singletary is a nice cushion for the first year coach. I believe he would be outperformed by and and all farm animals as the head coach of a football team.
            Compare Harbaugh's run at USD to before and after his stint there.
            Compare Harbaugh's run at Stanford to before he got there. We can both watch Stanford program degrade over time the longer he is away and his influence wanes.
            Same thing is going to happen with the 49ers.
            Prediction:
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Any and all farm animals>Norv
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Compare Harbaugh's run at USD to before and after his stint there.
                Compare Harbaugh's run at Stanford to before he got there. We can both watch Stanford program degrade over time the longer he is away and his influence wanes.
                Same thing is going to happen with the 49ers.
                first three seasons post-Harbaugh at Stanford were all top 10 seasons. Also, college comes down to recruiting. Big difference between college and the pros for that very reason.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Arizona
                  • Send PM

This new HC is awesome! He's gives off a pervier, Outta shape Mike Ditka stunt double vibe...He definitely creeps out his baby sitter/nanny. I for see crack smoking in hotel rooms with hookers...like that Ford guy in Canada

Rapey for sure
                  Last edited by Sec-E4; 06-18-2015, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    first three seasons post-Harbaugh at Stanford were all top 10 seasons. Also, college comes down to recruiting. Big difference between college and the pros for that very reason.
                    You are probably right about talent, but from what I've seen out of Harbaugh is that he's been a superior coach at every level.
                    Prediction:

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

You are probably right about talent, but from what I've seen out of Harbaugh is that he's been a superior coach at every level.
                      I don't think anyone, including the niners, has ever doubted his coaching ability. They tired of the drama and BS that comes with it. It is no secret that Harbaugh is very difficult to work with and get along with. Now he is in a place where he has total control, just how he wants it. IMO, he is much better suited to the college game, where his shtick doesn't get old. The faces run through the program every few years, and he recruits well.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

And speaking of Tomsula being a troglodyte during interviews, it appears his predecessor isn't much better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                          And speaking of Tomsula being a troglodyte during interviews, it appears his predecessor isn't much better.

http://deadspin.com/jim-harbaugh-col...-in-1715168999
                          Rep for using troglodyte.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X