• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northerner
    Charger fan since '79
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Haha! Dang. I know, I know. Look man, I’m still learning.

How’s this: Let’s burn down SoFi, crucify Staley, and relocate to an igloo in the Aleutian Islands.

Can I be one of the guys now?
    yes, you have seen the light, you're in !!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Id rather see the video than a still to see what happened. But hey we won.
      And i actually wanted us to keep Philon.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I had no doubt the former Chargers were hyped. I think Herbert avoided Hayward by plan, but he had no issue with going to guys covered by Perryman. Philon is not a bad player, just a journeyman whose initial contract ran out.
        Yep...we all know Perryman has been a liability in coverage for years...putting on the silver and black didn't help him much...

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

I thought Perryman was actually in pretty good coverage on that 4th down pass, it was simply just a perfect pass.

I don’t think any LB in the league could’ve stopped that because of where the ball was placed and because of how well the receiver ran the route.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            I never went back and checked who it was that let the guy untouched through to Herbie. Saw it looked like a complete botch by trying to cover the same guy. Feiler clearly got confused. I had thought it was Slater on the first one. I think its fixable...communication issue. The 2nd one a bad angle/technique?

I'm not worried.....for all the kitchen sink the Duhs were throwing we were still effective.
            Playing in front of a loud, hostile dome stadium crowd made it tough. They'll get their silent signals down. Work in progress.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Haha! Dang. I know, I know. Look man, I’m still learning.

How’s this: Let’s burn down SoFi, crucify Staley, and relocate to an igloo in the Aleutian Islands.

Can I be one of the guys now?
              Already here.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

I'm hearing SoFi is the loudest stadium in the NFL due to the acoustic roof to jeep the LAX flight noise out.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Perryman played well last night. He has played well all season. Feiler did have an off game, but then he has been stellar so far so not complaining too much.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Already here.
                    Yes, that’s by design. Wanted to relocate to a place with a dedicated fan base.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Perryman played well last night. He has played well all season. Feiler did have an off game, but then he has been stellar so far so not complaining too much.

TG
                      He did play well, but we still exploited his weakness, which is coverage. Both the 4th down conversion to Cook and the TD to Parham were his assignment.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

Again, this is the point about LB and pass coverage. Think about it, do you really want to put a player like Perryman in coverage against Parham or Cook? You can do it once in a while, but you do it too much and you will pay.

In the case of the Cook 4th down play, the coverage was pretty good. If Herbert throws the ball any further outside, Cook won't be able to adjust. Any more inside, Cook has to go through Perryman to get to the ball. Cook was just expecting it right when it was supposed to be there and expecting it right were it was, so he made the catch. I think if he had coverage like that against probably 20 or even 25 of the other QB in the NFL just can't make most of the time. Perryman is not a great coverage guy, but he played that play pretty well. Herbert is becoming a Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahommes one of those type of guy, who can make inhuman throws play after play.

Feiler or Slater made a mental mistake on the 1st sack. LV had an overshift to our offensive left side, so they had 3 rushers (both DT and the DE) vs C, LG, LT. The did a little shimmy kinda thing to hold Feiler, so that he couldn't commit too early, then dropped into coverage. Then Feiler was just there looking for a stunt or something and waiting for someone to come into his area, and lets Philon go, while Slater rides the DE and Lindsay took his guy. It happens.

I think what is not getting talked about was how the OL overall did a much better job of getting off the ball on the snap. There were still a couple of plays, where the combo's are not being held long enough, and you can see the OL looking around at the end of the play, checking out what is happening, with the defender behind them. But mostly, the OL did a much better job of firing off, and are getting that feel for how long to hold them, and pass the guy off from one to the other. And that just takes time. But it was a huge improvement over the last few weeks.

The big thing I don't know about the D is how well is the perimeter run support going to be going forward. The Raiders WR where inconsistent blocking, and they didn't follow the same type of crack blocking like we saw against Dallas and KC. Staley said in one of those press conferences, there were a lot of missed trades, where one DB is taken out, so another has to assume the responsibility for the fill or force player on the edge of the formation. I would have thought Oakland would have wanted to keep testing us there, but they really went 2 TE and let us go base personnel, with the OLB doing a pretty good job of containing the Raiders and it showed in the run stats. I do expect we will see teams go back to cracking back with their 11 personnel and testing our trades on the perimeter run support.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                          I thought Perryman was actually in pretty good coverage on that 4th down pass, it was simply just a perfect pass.

I don’t think any LB in the league could’ve stopped that because of where the ball was placed and because of how well the receiver ran the route.
                          A good coverage LB wouldnt likely have their back to the play and turn their head and be in better possition. Its probably why they went with Cook being covered by Perryman. He had good coverage but just wasnt in a good possition to make the play. Its the kind of thing that went against us all the time so im glad those guys keep going to the Raiders.
                          Facyson sucked and now they added him.

Comment

Working...
                          X