• Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    Maybe that 25% has become 35%.
    Ticket sales went up when it appeared the Chargers might stay.

You noticed the Chargers pulled out of negotiations the day after the final day of payments were do.

If I have season tickets, I ask for a refund. I have heard a lot people are now trying.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Bait and switch!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I wish I could quit these motherfuckers! I seem to be attached to the Chargers players too much.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
          Ticket sales went up when it appeared the Chargers might stay.

You noticed the Chargers pulled out of negotiations the day after the final day of payments were do.

If I have season tickets, I ask for a refund. I have heard a lot people are now trying.
          probably had more to do with NOT trading Rivers, drafting Melvin Gordon and adding some new OL with promise we'll have a better running game this year that hopefully helps get into the playoffs.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
            FYI: You have to read this in a Devils Advocate Al Pacino voice

Charger Fans are pulling a Weddle and DEMANDiNG that the Chargers ownership let us know exatcly where we stand ?? (

This can get ugly for them..Do Charger fans pull an Oilers fan tactic and run them out of town? Will fans turn on the team after we find out what the Spanos agenda was this whole time. Was that Deans plan ? To deceive fans, Only to make the move easier.??

The Good Ole' SwitchaRoo
            The difference here between this and the weddle situation is who pays whom.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              I wish I could quit these motherfuckers! I seem to be attached to the Chargers players too much.
              For "San Diego" fans, it will be easier to detach over time if they move. The players have nothing to do with the move. I guess I'll follow what is going on with key guys on the team, but I'll care much less about them winning or losing because there won't be a parade to go to and cheer them if they win it all.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

The Horse with no name.

The Pod of Spani will change the name to the Carson Gypsies if SD is Bawse enough to fight for the name. How does ownership of team name work? Does the City/State or NFL have any control ? I have a feeling the team owners have full rights unless there's sometype of clause

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Part of any agreement ought to be transfer of ownership of the name and logo to the city.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Wouldn't it be crazy if the team won the superbowl this year while already a lame duck? Strange dynamic.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Big Bear
                      • Self-employed property manager.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Part of any agreement ought to be transfer of ownership of the name and logo to the city.
                      I'd like to see that. Even if we never got another team, I'd prefer that the Chargers just die as the San Diego Chargers, and not live on with Los Angeles in the name. Hell, it would probably benefit the team in marketing to pretend it's a new team whose identity belongs to L.A. instead of just yet another team stolen from somewhere else (Cleveland Rams, San Diego Clippers, Minneapolis Lakers, Brooklyn Dodgers).

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                        Wouldn't it be crazy if the team won the superbowl this year while already a lame duck? Strange dynamic.
                        A sports radio jock was on KOGO yesterday and said that this dram will hurt the team this year. He expects even to see more other team fans in the stadium than we've been seeing. He said Belicheat was once asked something about how can you be a winning coach and the first thing he said was "Don't coach a team that is moving," based on his Cleveland experience I guess.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=KNSD;161187]Part of any agreement ought to be transfer of ownership of the name and logo to the city.[/QUOTE?

Seconded. Absolutely. Whatever we as fans can do to keep the name, let's do. Fuck the Spani. Let em be the Grape Herders, or whatever (the gloves are off).
                          Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                          X