• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Did You Realize? - Austin Eeler

Interesting stuff. At this point in his career Ekeler has more yards and TD's receiving than he has rushing the ball. Not sure if that will continue or not but a little different. Does anybody know of any other running backs that would be or have been similar?
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

I would think Ronnie Harmon for sure. He was nails with the Chargers on 3rd down out of the backfield. I think he was with the Browns or Bills before the Chargers

Dave Meggette might fit the category - "look at the little Meggette" - classic Cosell

Eric Metcalf I think was more a pass catching 3rd down back too

Comment

• bartman83642
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      I would think Ronnie Harmon for sure. He was nails with the Chargers on 3rd down out of the backfield. I think he was with the Browns or Bills before the Chargers

Dave Meggette might fit the category - "look at the little Meggette" - classic Cosell

Two good thoughts there. May have to look into that. I think the Meggett saying was Chris Berman though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Two good thoughts there. May have to look into that. I think the Meggett saying was Chris Berman though.
        Oh you are right, Berman doing highlights - good call out

I won't write what Cosell called the guy on the WFT team - but he was a little receiver - when they were the Smurfs

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Sproles has more receiving TDs than rushing.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Oh you are right, Berman doing highlights - good call out

I won't write what Cosell called the guy on the WFT team - but he was a little receiver - when they were the Smurfs
            Yeah, I remember that. That was the beginning of the end for Howard.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Maybe Tony Galbreath? At least early in his career? Ekeler will last longer if he keeps this up.

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Sad thing is, the player involved said he was honored just to be mentioned in the MNF halftime highlights by Cosell. In those days, youngsters, living in NE Ohio, prior to internet, directv, VCRs, cell phones,EsPN, CNN etc. the ONLY time I got to see the Chargers unless it was a nationally televised game was for 30-40 seconds at halftime on MNF. I was glued to the set and loving every minute of it. Or second I guess. Those were great days.

TG

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Add Larry Centers

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Maybe Tony Galbreath? At least early in his career? Ekeler will last longer if he keeps this up.

TG
                    I don’t mind him running between the tackles to ice the game like in the raider game.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Robert Newhouse?

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Sad thing is, the player involved said he was honored just to be mentioned in the MNF halftime highlights by Cosell. In those days, youngsters, living in NE Ohio, prior to internet, directv, VCRs, cell phones,EsPN, CNN etc. the ONLY time I got to see the Chargers unless it was a nationally televised game was for 30-40 seconds at halftime on MNF. I was glued to the set and loving every minute of it. Or second I guess. Those were great days.

TG
                        Exactly, And one thing about Cosell and halftime highlights was how they NFL Films footage and not from the game. Because the highlights Cosell talked about were "film" a different look than video broadcast

But hell yes, those highlights shows were amazing for most of the viewing nation. It was a great honor to be featured. Also George Michael SPorts Machine back in the day was a highlight show.

Comment

Working...
                        X