Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

This was a comment from a Browns fan on a Browns post game video analysis. lol Thought it was pretty good stuff.

Hey Joe, Let me tell ya something - And don’t misunderstand me! This is not just about the Browns. 75% of NFL teams do NOT do what I’m about to say....but the Chargers DO:::: I was born in the 60’s. Grew up watching great, gritty football with Fran Tarkington, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts, etc... when I was 9, 10, 11 years old. These were heroes playing in meaningful games...even during the regular season. I mean, you watch YouTube videos of Jon Facenda. Hear his legendary voice overs. But I’m here to tell you — as inspiring as it is to relive those YouTube NFL moments, it was just as inspiring to actually live through it in real time back in the mid 1970’s. I bring this up because of 2 sides of the same coin. 2 quarterbacks. 2 coaches. 2 teams. Now you can say that the Browns lost because of injuries. You can say the Browns lost because of a bad pass interference call. You can say the Browns lost because of bad play calling down the stretch. You can say that. But you’d be WRONG. You see, in the age of NFL heroes and legendary teams...the 1970’s....Legends were born when coaches had the faith/the guts/ the trust in their quarterback to put the ball in their hands in the most pivotal moments of the game. When millions were glued to the tv. And entire seasons were depending on these decisions. THAT is where legends were made. And specific players and teams achieved immortality. Now....right now....we are witnessing some deja vu of 50 years ago. And it ain’t from the Browns. And it wasn’t from the Raiders last week. Brandon Staley is putting the ball in Justin Herbert’s hand and saying, “Ok kid. We believe in you! You’re our leader. You’ve got poise and intelligence. You’re athletic. You’re calm. And my God, you’ve got a cannon for an arm. Win or lose, we want the ball in your hand. Create OUR legend.” And THAT is why the Browns won’t win it all this season or the next or the next. You’ve got a fearsome rushing attack. A fearsome pass rush. But your coach isn’t playing to win. He’s playing not to lose. And that’s not how Legends are made. Baker is a Good quarterback! But in 50 years, he’s gonna be an afterthought compared to Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. Because LEGENDS (the Namaths, the Staubachs, the Montana’s) always seem to have the ball in their hands in the big moments. Even in regular season games. Even in a 47-42 shootout that they’ll be talking about 50 years from now. And the legend they’ll be talking about then? Well it sure as shit WONT be Baker Mayfield and Kevin Stefanski.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Fucking wow.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        This was a comment from a Browns fan on a Browns post game video analysis. lol Thought it was pretty good stuff.
        This dude is of course correct.
        Perfectly said by a fan of football who understands what he is witnessing.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Brown's gave us fits with their offensive line. I'm not going to take anything away from them. Our defense was not in sync and they continuously got past our defensive line and with Chubb + Hunt is like a one two punch all game long. Cleveland should be there in the final 7 teams.

:2cents:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Popper is live RN.

Here's my idea. Michael Brockers can't be happy in Detroit.
            • Michael Brockers, DT, Detroit Lions: The Lions have entered the post-Matthew Stafford era 0-4, so it's time for them to look toward 2022, and Brockers could be a veteran that NFL teams look at to add to their defensive line. The 30-year-old could see the Lions fetch a late pick in return.

Brockers had five sacks last season on a Los Angeles Rams team that made the playoffs and he does have a sack with the Lions through four games. Furthermore, after being close to the Lombardi trophy in LA, Brockers would likely want to go back on a team contending for a Super Bowl at this stage in his career.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...trade-deadline

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              Brown's gave us fits with their offensive line. I'm not going to take anything away from them. Our defense was not in sync and they continuously got past our defensive line and with Chubb + Hunt is like a one two punch all game long. Cleveland should be there in the final 7 teams.

:2cents:
              Yep, quality AFC team.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Snap counts yet? I saw Merrill a in a lot in the first half, not so much the second half.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If Aboushi is indeed out, I have to think we'll start seeing Jaimes. I *get* that they've wanted to get him acclimated, and make use of the vet linemen they've recruited.

But now's the time, unless he just plain isn't ready. But there's never been ANY hint that the coaching staff feels that they have a reason to be hesitant with him.
                  He’s been inactive the last two games once Schofield was signed. He’ll be active going forward if Oday is indeed lost for the season. But I suspect the coaching staff doesn’t feel he’s ready until next year for a starting job.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

I have to wonder if the d-line doesn't perform a bit better with an extra day of rest. The defense had one day less rest than the norm due to the MNF game. I HOPE that had something to do with their showing today.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Here's my idea. Michael Brockers can't be happy in Detroit.
                      • Michael Brockers, DT, Detroit Lions: The Lions have entered the post-Matthew Stafford era 0-4, so it's time for them to look toward 2022, and Brockers could be a veteran that NFL teams look at to add to their defensive line. The 30-year-old could see the Lions fetch a late pick in return.

Brockers had five sacks last season on a Los Angeles Rams team that made the playoffs and he does have a sack with the Lions through four games. Furthermore, after being close to the Lombardi trophy in LA, Brockers would likely want to go back on a team contending for a Super Bowl at this stage in his career.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...trade-deadline
                      Good idea!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        I have to wonder if the d-line doesn't perform a bit better with an extra day of rest. The defense had one day less rest than the norm due to the MNF game. I HOPE that had something to do with their showing today.
                        I think fatigue both mental and physical was a factor on defense today. Well except for Derwin who was all over the place.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Snap counts yet? I saw Merrill a in a lot in the first half, not so much the second half.
                          Yeah, Merrill's not the savior I was hoping for. At least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X