Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not surprising for a rookie CB. Remember Staleys comment about how he was out of position on his first interception which was the only reason he got it.
    He blew a couple assignments and gave up a TD by missing one. Staley took him out to calm him down.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

A trade for Brockers could be a very good idea, the more I think about it.
      • He was active for the Rams playoff run last season. So Staley has worked with him.
      • He plays a 3-4 DE, who would pair nicely with Jones, when Jones comes back.
      • Lions would fill his spot with 2nd round pick Levi Onwuzurike, and could use draft capitol.
      • Time for Tommy T to step up and make a mid-season move.
      • Article says a late pick, how much are we willing to give and what's he worth?

A pick for DE Brockers to help shore up the D-line and stop the run.

What say you TPB?
      Im not sure he would be a trade target with age/contract but a 6th is plus compensation for the Lions.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

It's so nice to see Michael Williams smiling in his post-game presser. Finally being used correctly. And often!

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Win now. So I’m all in on trading late round picks for players who could help us win this year.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Win now. So I’m all in on trading late round picks for players who could help us win this year.
            Hell yeah. We have extra day three picks (or we will) so why not use some!

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

What does that mean (13 personnel)?

It's football nomenclature for the composite of skill players: 3 tight ends. 13 Personnel. It forces mismatches of linebackers into pass coverage.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Im not sure he would be a trade target with age/contract but a 6th is plus compensation for the Lions.
                I'm offering a 6th Round to Detroit. 5th Round is too rich for my blood. I'm not interested in him next year as a 31 year old either. This is a 'make-a-run' type move.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I’m offering g the Rams a 1st for Aaron Donald. So there

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Fix the teams biggest non-ST weakness with a player who already knows the system. Salary be damned, that's why we have a reserve. The team is 4-1 with key tie breakers and the schedule eases up after the bye. Go for it.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

A trade for Brockers could be a very good idea, the more I think about it.
                      • He was active for the Rams playoff run last season. So Staley has worked with him.
                      • He plays a 3-4 DE, who would pair nicely with Jones, when Jones comes back.
                      • Lions would fill his spot with 2nd round pick Levi Onwuzurike, and could use draft capitol.
                      • Time for Tommy T to step up and make a mid-season move.
                      • Article says a late pick, how much are we willing to give and what's he worth?

A pick for DE Brockers to help shore up the D-line and stop the run.

What say you TPB?
                      Telesco rarely makes trades in-season. He’s usually sleeping and vacationing during this time of the year so no he won’t be bothered to actually improve a D line that’s getting wrecked week in and week out.
                      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

The run defense has been an issue all season, but this marked their worst against Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, who ran wild for 230 yards and three touchdowns on 35 carries. The Chargers’ defensive front does not possess enough talent to control the line of scrimmage consistently.

The pass rush was nonexistent, as the Chargers combined to create just five pressures and zero sacks.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...ap-week-5-nfl/
                        The pass rush outside of Bosa is non existent. And the DL overall is extremely soft.

Can’t blame Staley for it really because as Borquez says, Telesco has done a super shitty job of putting together good players and depth on the DL.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Regarding the pass rush, I wonder if against a team like the Browns you have to alter your rush plan because of that running game. And I did see pressure on Mayfield, just not sacks. When that offense is humming its a dream for the QB. That’s why fans here are so down on Mayfield. He has a great offensive mind in Stefanski. He has the best OL in football with the best OL coach in football. He has the best running game in football. He has outstanding WRs (not sure what OBJ’s deal is) and three really good dual purpose TEs. And he has a top tier defense. And lastly, he plays in an offense designed to make it really easy on the QB (Case Keenum had a career year in this offense in Minny). Mayfield is the weak link on that team

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X