Browns @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    2016 - Defensive coordinator - John Carroll University
    2017 - Defensive OLB - Chicago Bears
    2018 - Defensive OLB - Chicago Bears
    2019 - Defensive OLB - Denver Broncos
    2020 - Defensive coordinator - L.A. Rams
    2021 - Head Coach - L.A. Chargers

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I would have said “powerhouse AFC West” except I saw Denver and Las Vegas play Sunday - Peter King

If you want to hear something truly special, listen to Daniel Popper's webcast last night - he admitted he is not a fan, this is his job -
      Pops went off on heaping praise on Herbert.
      Can you blame Popper? The only franchise QB he has covered before Herbert was Rivers and the latter was on the downside of his career. Before it was the Jags and the Jets.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Lynn thought Herbert should remain a backup.
        Exactly. So not all coaches would go for it on 4th down just because they have these same players.

Jon Gruden for example, would not imo.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

If you feel insulted by being referenced as "Eeyore" after a pessimistic post, then you're a little thin skinned for a football forum! You can save that kind of pouting for when someone calls you a putz, moron, a-hole, etc. But 'Eeyore'?!? <Gasp!> The indignity of it all! <faint!> No need to go all 'snowflake' on us.

The point isn't that Telesco has made tons on in-season trades. The point is that the lack of in-season trades doesn't mean the season is doomed, as you were implying. Maybe if I call you Mister Eeyore, you'll feel more respected. lol
          I don’t care about the insults, but I’d prefer you make the argument while doing it. You can call me moron or asshole or m’fer or whatever if you prove the point wrong while doing it. “Hey UglyTruth you’re a lil b****ch and here’s why your wrong, ….”’ is perfectly fine with me.

And where the hell did you get that I was implying that the season was doomed if they didn’t make an in-season trade? That’s a pretty large assumption. I went back and read my post you responded to and no where does it say imply that I think season is doomed if they don’t make a trade. The team is 4-1 having gone through the tough part of the schedule, it would make zero sense for this same to be doomed with the lack of a trade unless some catastrophic injury happens and there’s a trade available to be made for a player to replace the injured player.

The reason the TT not making trades came was was because we were discussing ways to improve the run defense specifically. That’s it.

Please read the conversation fully before jumping in and throwing around accusations of someone else implying things that they never thought of. Thanks.

- 69-74 record
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I would have said “powerhouse AFC West” except I saw Denver and Las Vegas play Sunday - Peter King

If you want to hear something truly special, listen to Daniel Popper's webcast last night - he admitted he is not a fan, this is his job -
            Pops went off on heaping praise on Herbert.
            Saw the lowlight of Bridgewater throwing a pick in EZ in crunch time. Love it!

Comment

• UglyTruth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ugly truth performs a function within this forum: absolute negativity towards any and every aspect of the Charger team.

I kind of like his shtick, but like most members (including myself), he can be annoying at times.

Some people just see things differently and there is no need to try to convince the whole world to one's point.

Let people be different.
              This is just bullshit. I have made countless number of posts on the positive aspects of the team. You can check what I’ve said about coach Staley, Herbert, Ekeler, Parham, Slater, James, Tranquill, most or all of the secondary, White, the improved OL (only one I’ve hated was Pipkins and Norton but the latter has looked better).

My only consistent sharp criticism has been towards Tom Telesco and I get it that most people here don’t like that. They think Telesco is a god and one of the best GMs in football. However prior to the 2020 draft, he had done very, very little to improve the team. He helped waste my favorite athlete of all time, Philip Rivers, last prime years of his career by neglecting the OL every fucking season.

So yeah I’m always gonna give him shit for it.

If my criticism of Telesco is “hating every aspect of the Chargers” then sure.

There used to be AJ Smith haters on the CMB forum and I remember fans used to defend Smith to death. Then suddenly towards the end of his tenure they realized they were wrong. It’s the same thing that’s happening on this forum with Telesco. I was always neutral about AJ Smith because he helped build a contender with a very good OL but it just didn’t last long and he failed at rebuilding another one. But he deserves props for building the first one.

I’m always gonna post what comes to mind and how I feel about something. I don’t sugarcoat things not on here and not in my personal life either. I’m gonna say things as they are, hence my username the Ugly Truth. Read my avatar. A person not liking my posts doesn’t surprise me because the truth is often so damn ugly, hurtful and annoying that you don’t want to see it or try to avoid it. I’m human, I do it myself many times. But it still stays the truth.

My goal isn’t to be “pessimistic” about the team in every way. Why would I waste time and money doing that about my favorite team. My only goal, is the same exact goal that every Chargers fan (including you) on this forum has…see the Chargers win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. Before the man above calls my turn, I would like to attend a NFL championship parade. I’ve seen this team come up and close so much, I just need to see them hoist the trophy just once. I kid you not, I probably would lose interest in Chargers and football in general after they win one Super Bowl so I wouldn’t care if they win more going forward. Just one is enough for me so if you really want to see me stop posting, then just pray and hope that this team can win a ring because I’ll probably be done with football after that. I used to be big Mavericks fan and one of my fave moments in life is watching Dirk win in 2011. I started losing interest in basketball after that and even now they have a kid that’s a rising star but I feel fulfilled when it comes to basketball so I hardly ever watch. It would be the same way for me after Chargers win a ring. Do you think I would spend my time just to look for negative things to post about? Why would I spend money going to games and buying jerseys, spend time watching games, looking at stats and reading articles if I all I want to come away with it is the negative aspects? That’s a lot of time to waste on that. I simply post what I think about the Chargers and the game regardless of its negative or not. That’s it.

Do I think Tom Telesco is the main to lead this team to a ring? If you asked me before Slater selection then I would say 100% no. But I do like how he’s rebuilt the O line and he finally hit on one OL selection so if he’s learned about drafting in the trenches then maybe he will be. I do know that it’s impossible for a team to win a Super Bowl with a completely shitty O line and that’s what Telesco put together for the Chargers in every season since being here except for this one so much of “hate” for him comes from that.

Anyway, if my posts bother anyone so much then they are welcome to ignore my posts or use block function if this forum has one that they can use. But as long as I have the privilege to post here, I will continue to post what comes to mind, negative or positive regardless of whether people like it or not. I visit this forum because I like seeing other opinions and arguments. I enjoy seeing other perspectives regardless of whether it disagrees with mine or not. However, if you think it’s only negative things that I post then that just means that’s what your looking to find. And that’s the ugly truth.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Doesn't mean he won't, just he hasn't. We haven't also been in this position to do so and keep it going.

When is the last time under Telesco we were in first place with tie breakers going for us?
                This is a good point. But I’d say back in the 2018 season, he could’ve have improved OL depth especially at RT with Trent Brown starting there. Didn’t need to be a star player to upgrade there.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• Scott Green
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

A year or two ago under Lynn they would be fumbling on the goal line. Two plays in a row. Now the D is dragging them into the end zone. What a difference a coach makes.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I believe LAC had a specific play in their toolbox that was used here.

They knew how CLE would line up and defend this look.

The trap block was inevitably successful.

#preparation
                    #filmstudy

Analytics, my kulu.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by uglytruth
                      Telesco rarely makes trades in-season. He’s usually sleeping and vacationing during this time of the year so no he won’t be bothered to actually improve a D line that’s getting wrecked week in and week out.
                      Let's see...

You criticize Telesco for sleeping... you believe Telesco is vacationing, rather than paying attention to what's going on with the team, and you say he "won't be bothered" to address a team weakness.

If you believe that Telesco is *this* guy, then it's reasonable for me to conclude that you believe the season isn't salvageable. Because, according to you, Telesco is asleep, or not around, and he doesn't care. If all that's true, this season IS lost, and so is a lot more.

I'm not MAKING ACCUSATIONS, I'm drawing conclusions about your opinions, based on what you've said in posts.

Maybe you're just really, really, *REALLY* emotional, say things in outbursts, and then don't like it when people take you at your word. Because your 'word' , frankly, constitutes a pretty embarrassing take.

But sure. Get mad at me, instead. It's okay. You just be you, and we'll all carry on.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                        Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Oregon
                        • Retirement
                        • Send PM

I have Game Pass so I did not see the game until this afternoon... I really think that I am in shock; walking around babbling to myself. WOW! The old days are gone boys (and girls)! I had to add the parenthesis because, after forty-three years of listening to me ebb and flow about the Chargers, suddenly, even before the first game, my wife has become a die-hard, monster of a fan! I used to watch most of the games by myself. But, I mean yelling, jumping out of her chair, and knowing what is going on in the game... That's a double shock to me but I believe I'll be able to handle it...:nod:
                        Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It will probably take two or three unsuccessful 4rth downs, before the wailing, the gnashing of teeth, the pouring of sand over our heads.

The first unsuccessful 4rth down will get a huh? followed by an i'm good with that, soldier on reaction.
                          Nope. If we're at the 50 yard line or less with a 4th and 10 or less I'm going for it with this defense until they're clicking on all cylinders.

:smoking:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X