• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

This is how we develop depth. Down the road this season this play time for Norton is huge. If Bulaga returns we have a good rotation. I hope he continues his growth and can hold the position. We still need another swing guy. Not sure how Jaimes is progressing….could use him to step up….learn the rg spot.

Comment

• UglyTruth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2018
      • Send PM

He was awful today. Constantly giving up pressure and his defender batted down at least 2 Herbert passes. I still don’t understand why the fuck they don’t try Feiler at RT instead where he played with the Steelers. Then put Jameis at Feiler’s guard spot.

Would not hurt to try at all because of how bad Norton is.
      Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
      - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
      - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
      - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
      - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
        He was awful today. Constantly giving up pressure and his defender batted down at least 2 Herbert passes. I still don’t understand why the fuck they don’t try Feiler at RT instead where he played with the Steelers. Then put Jameis at Feiler’s guard spot.

Would not hurt to try at all because of how bad Norton is.
        It’s not just that he gave up a lot of pressures, he just flat out let guys free runs at Herbert at least 5 or 6 times today.

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

also dont think he has ANY lower body strength. anybody see his spindly legs? and the body doesnt look like he has much muscle or shape. guy needs to hit the weight room.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Guy needs to hit the bricks.What the hell is TT thinkin?!?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              also dont think he has ANY lower body strength. anybody see his spindly legs? and the body doesnt look like he has much muscle or shape. guy needs to hit the weight room.
              Spindly legs and man boobs; the spindly legs he cannot help so much.

Storm Norton was once a nice story. What happens when Rudy becomes a permanent starter is not so cute.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Spindly legs and man boobs; the spindly legs he cannot help so much.

Storm Norton was once a nice story. What happens when Rudy becomes a permanent starter is not so cute.
                Might be a bigger need right now than Interior DLine. Making sure Herbert and the offense have the time needed. Norton gave up over 10 pressures yesterday. Thats a lot

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

This one pisses me off the most. The Norton/Pipkins thing has caused me more pain this season than anything else. Because we knew it would happen. And we knew we could lose games because of it. It was no mystery that Bulaga would go down often and likely early. He did. It was no mystery that Pip or Storm would get a ton of time and in return JH would get hammered. He is.

This is why im probably at a low point with TT and Staley. Because these guys cant see the broken parts of the team. They stay and seem to be just fine with the mediocrity. Its maddening to me. You cant convince me this was a good idea. You cant convince me Storm is getting better.

Its such a major disaster and mistake. I hold them both responsible. Im done with TT. Just done. Id say we got more lucky with JH/Slater/Derwin/Bosa. ALl these guys fell into our laps. Telesco wanted Taven Bryan. But Derwin fell. Does TT take Sewell over Slater? Tua over Herbert? We cant know....but i tend to think there was some luck involved with teams taking guys before we picked.

I will eat crow and say the guy i wanted....Villanueva hasnt looked much better.....but im not the GM. I just knew something had to be done.

This team has noticeable weaknesses every year at critical positions..and TT sticks with them despite the chronic negative results. My guess is that this is a Telesco sickness. He has to be held responsible. 2nd RBs are pretty easy to draft....he cant get it right. A swing tackle also. Just cant do it. Kicker? Year after year fail. Telesco will always have a major weakness on this team that he cant overcome. He is so hellbent on building through the draft....and while he has been gifted some good starters....he cant get the depth thing right. You would think by now he would just spend some money. The positions of need are actually pretty cheap. RB. Back Up OT. Kicker. He really devalues these positions and they are more important than many tend to think.

I wanted to think it was our coaching and our inability to develop. But my goodness we look like we are regressing under this staff. Evan JH tends to look like some bad habits are being developed. The one thing i didnt want to change this year was Pep. I wanted JH and Pep to remain together. And i think He would have made a real nice OC. And build off last years offense. Im a little suspect with our O at this point. And our inability to evolve. I get it....its a new system etc....but for some reason we are just not getting it done...and a huge reason is the right side of the OL. Something we all knew would happen.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admin View Post
                    This one pisses me off the most. The Norton/Pipkins thing has caused me more pain this season than anything else. Because we knew it would happen. And we knew we could lose games because of it. It was no mystery that Bulaga would go down often and likely early. He did. It was no mystery that Pip or Storm would get a ton of time and in return JH would get hammered. He is.

This is why im probably at a low point with TT and Staley. Because these guys cant see the broken parts of the team. They stay and seem to be just fine with the mediocrity. Its maddening to me. You cant convince me this was a good idea. You cant convince me Storm is getting better.

Its such a major disaster and mistake. I hold them both responsible. Im done with TT. Just done. Id say we got more lucky with JH/Slater/Derwin/Bosa. ALl these guys fell into our laps. Telesco wanted Taven Bryan. But Derwin fell. Does TT take Sewell over Slater? Tua over Herbert? We cant know....but i tend to think there was some luck involved with teams taking guys before we picked.

I will eat crow and say the guy i wanted....Villanueva hasnt looked much better.....but im not the GM. I just knew something had to be done.

This team has noticeable weaknesses every year at critical positions..and TT sticks with them despite the chronic negative results. My guess is that this is a Telesco sickness. He has to be held responsible. 2nd RBs are pretty easy to draft....he cant get it right. A swing tackle also. Just cant do it. Kicker? Year after year fail. Telesco will always have a major weakness on this team that he cant overcome. He is so hellbent on building through the draft....and while he has been gifted some good starters....he cant get the depth thing right. You would think by now he would just spend some money. The positions of need are actually pretty cheap. RB. Back Up OT. Kicker. He really devalues these positions and they are more important than many tend to think.

I wanted to think it was our coaching and our inability to develop. But my goodness we look like we are regressing under this staff. Evan JH tends to look like some bad habits are being developed. The one thing i didnt want to change this year was Pep. I wanted JH and Pep to remain together. And i think He would have made a real nice OC. And build off last years offense. Im a little suspect with our O at this point. And our inability to evolve. I get it....its a new system etc....but for some reason we are just not getting it done...and a huge reason is the right side of the OL. Something we all knew would happen.

Fleet, seriously you have to stop reading my mind. Couldn't have said it better myself!

:Beer1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• UglyTruth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Send PM

- from GDT. But yeah this guy fucking stinks.

- 69-74 record
                      - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                      - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Good, I’m glad more people are starting to realize how much of an absolute FRAUD Telesco is. People give him breaks as if he’s a brand new person on the job. He’s been here for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS and done absolutely nothing. 2 playoff appearances in EIGHT years.

He wasted the last prime years of my all time favorite Chargers Philip Rivers.

He’s also the most laziest GM in the NFL. Literally vacations soon as reg season starts and only ever gives a shit about the draft which he isn’t even good at. You’re on the money, his good picks are mostly all lucky ones. Bosa and James were obvious picks. He picked Herbert because Tua was off the board, he’s said it himself that he was fine with picking either one and wasn’t gonna trade up for Herbert. Slater was the best ranked OT left on the board when he was picking so naturally he picked him and this may have been a Spanos pick after hearing all the fan outrage about the OL.

I’ll give him credit for the Allen and Williams selections and Ekeler signing. But that’s literally it.

He’s the most overrated GM in the NFL currently. By far.

Bingo. Whenever Telesco gets fired, he will never ever get a job again in the NFL. Of course he’s robbed the Chargers of countless millions of dollars over the last 8 yrs so doubt he even needs to work after.

- 69-74 record

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Really don't want to look like an ass kisser to big Fleet but this is basically where I'm at but haven't been able to accurately say. It's hard to admit, but Telesco isn't good enough, I'll take luck any day, but I can't depend on it.
                          I have no doubt Pipkins would not be here today if Staley had his way, just call it a hunch, but I trust Staley to be objective, Telesco not so much.
                          let the Daniel Jeremiah rumors flow again....
                          Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                          X