• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Was this Hoarse shit Goodell's doing, or the HOF's decision?
    And even though they show a video for the deceased players, they had also let family members speak at the podium, right?
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

It's the HoF's decision but we all know the NFL is dictating to them on what to do about all this.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Protect the Shield!
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          And even though they show a video for the deceased players, they had also let family members speak at the podium, right?
          A couple of years ago one of the old timers was inducted posthumously and they just did the video thing with no speech. But this is Junior Seau, one of the all time greats. This is driven by the NFL being in CYA mode.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            If Goodell is doing hoarse shit, you ought to sue for copyright violations.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              A couple of years ago one of the old timers was inducted posthumously and they just did the video thing with no speech. But this is Junior Seau, one of the all time greats. This is driven by the NFL being in CYA mode.

It's an outrage, where is the east coast media.....hell I'd settle for MMDB weighing in
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                It's an outrage, where is the east coast media.....hell I'd settle for MMDB weighing in
                I think it's time the local media stopped being pussies and started raising HELL over this fucking bullshit.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  I think it's time the local media stopped being pussies and started raising HELL over this fucking bullshit.
                  ...and risk a stern lecture from Mr Goodell.....no f%!?€ing way...... They're cowards
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

The UT did an article on it. I think it was Acee. He claims the family is okay with it. Sorry, no link I'm on my iPhone and my time is limited.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I believe the family that they would not bring up the concussion issue during the induction week, but the hall (influenced by the NFL) is running scared. It's the hall's rules, it kind of makes sense for those old-timers that no one remembers where a speech is useless (most of the comments in these speeches are), but not for a modern-day 1st ballot selectee, dead or not.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Lawyer: HOF told Seau family that Sydney could speak

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2015, 7:28 PM EDT

Reuters
                        The Seau family members are OK with the Hall of Fame’s policy on posthumously-inducted players. Unless they aren’t.

Seau family lawyer Steve Strauss has issued a statement to Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal in which Strauss says Seau’s family still objects to the decision to prevent Seau’s daughter from speaking at the upcoming induction ceremony.

“The Seau family appreciates the overwhelming support for Sydney Seau to be able to accept Junior’s induction into the Hall of Fame live and in her own words,” Strauss said. “Unfortunately, the Hall of Fame is unwilling to reverse its decision despite communicating to the family earlier this year that Sydney would be able to speak at the ceremony. Contrary to the most recent statement by the Hall of Fame, the family does not support the current policy that prevents family members from delivering live remarks on behalf of deceased inductees. However, the Seau family does not want this issue to become a distraction to Junior’s accomplishments and legacy or those of the other inductees. The Seau family never intended to use the Hall of Fame as a platform to discuss the serious mental health issues facing the NFL today which are most appropriately addressed in a legal forum. The Seau family looks forward to celebrating Junior’s extraordinary accomplishments at the Hall of Fame.”

Although the end result is still the same — the Seau family is accepting the policy — the suggestion from Strauss that the Hall of Fame previously told the Seau family that his daughter, Sydney, would be able to speak is news. And it conflicts directly with the five-year-old policy that the Hall of Fame adopted in 2010.

It’s no surprise that Strauss released the statement. Eventually, he may be trying to persuade a jury as to the merits of Seau’s wrongful-death case. Everyone in the jurisdiction where the case would be tried is a potential juror, and if they feel better about the Seau family and/or worse about the NFL now, that could come in handy later.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Wheels
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Simply disgraceful of the NFL and HOF.

I think Mark Cuban is correct about the future of the NFL.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sparked a huge discussion about America’s favorite sport with eyebrow-raising comments on the NFL prior to a Mavericks game Sunday. Cuban believes that if th…

Originally posted by Mark Cuban
                          I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion. When pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they’re getting hoggy. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way. I’m just telling you, when you got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns against you.

Comment

Working...
                          X