• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Best wishes, pray for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Viejo Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your daughter. A real bummer about missing her senior year but as for college she may be better off. Those colleges burn these kids out. I coached club soccer for years and my daughter also played for years. She decided not to play in college and it turned out to be a great decision (even though I was against it at the time). She had several friends who did play and they got totally burned out on it. They were bummed they couldn't rush sororities, have time for studying, etc. Many players don't make it past their sophomore years due to burnout. And the other unfortunate thing is that these female knee injuries are all too common.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Sorry to hear abut her injury though knee surgery today is light years ahead of where it was even a decade ago.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Thanks again guys. Surgeon is out of town this week, hoping to get it done next week.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Ice Ice baby. I was very fortunate to get Dr Powell from the US Women's team to fix my meniscus tear last year.
            He is in Burbank Ca, and takes Anthem Blue Cross.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Centella
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

What MOJO I have comes to her.

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Hoping your daughter has a quick recovery, Rich.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

MOJO to Rich, and mostly to his daughter.

That's a tough bit of adversity.

Let me echo what the others have said, and wish her a speedy and successfull recovery.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Well, my daughter needs some mojo. She dislocated her kneecap, tore her ACL and tore the meniscus in her knee in a soccer tournament. She planted and cut hard and her knee just popped. When she hit the ground the kneecap popped back into place and we were hopeful that is all it was (the doctor at the tournament didn't think it was a ligament, but of course we had to wait for an MRI). Got the bad news today. She is devastated as you can imagine. There goes her senior year of high school and last year of club soccer! She is quite good and has several scholarship offers and other schools watching her, but was leaning towards not playing in college and concentrating on academics. I think the decision may have been made for her. Anyway, she could use some mojo from y'all.
                    Whether she plays again or not, I do wish her a full and speedy recovery.
                    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Thanks again.

Side note to the story. The orthopedic surgeon we are going to use is backlogged and cannot get her in until September 4th (though we are on the top of the list if someone cancels or has to reschedule). My daughter is begging us to see if we can find another doctor covered under our insurance so she can get it done sooner and could make it back for at least part of her high school season. We were talking about this with her high school coach at a soccer camp this week and she asked us: "Have you looked into using Dr Chao? You know, the one who used to be the Chargers team doctor? I know a whole bunch of people who used him for their knees and they all had good things to say about him." Another parent was nearby listening and piped up with "I would never consider using that guy - we had a terrible experience with him operating on my daughter's knee and I heard he is barred from most of the local hospitals now."

I'll pass!

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Thanks again.

Side note to the story. The orthopedic surgeon we are going to use is backlogged and cannot get her in until September 4th (though we are on the top of the list if someone cancels or has to reschedule). My daughter is begging us to see if we can find another doctor covered under our insurance so she can get it done sooner and could make it back for at least part of her high school season. We were talking about this with her high school coach at a soccer camp this week and she asked us: "Have you looked into using Dr Chao? You know, the one who used to be the Chargers team doctor? I know a whole bunch of people who used him for their knees and they all had good things to say about him." Another parent was nearby listening and piped up with "I would never consider using that guy - we had a terrible experience with him operating on my daughter's knee and I heard he is barred from most of the local hospitals now."

I'll pass!
                        I guess it depended on whether he was drunk while doing the surgery.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Dr Scott Powell
                          (818) 848-3030
                          Based in Burbank and Santa Monica Ca.
                          US Womens Soccer Team surgeon.

Call and see if he takes your insurance.
                          He did my knee, and I highly recommend him.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X