• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Leslie O'Neal obliterate CBs? Do you mean Lorenzo Neal?
    Oops. The loss of a mind is a terrible thing.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
      I prefer him to be the all around very good CB that we drafted him to be. If he ends up a china doll, go get someone else. You don't think teams would see that on tape and exploit the hell out of it? This is the NFL not the flag football league....regardless of how much they change the rules.
      Do you remember when teams exploited the hell out of Deion Sanders's disdain for tackling? Yea, I don't either.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
        Going out of bounds instead of gaining an extra 2 yards is a lot different from not making a tackle to save your body...that's Cromartie like.
        Weak-assed tackle efforts may have looked bad. But Cromartie's biggest problem was bad coverage.

By the way, he's still in the league.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          What 'evidence' do you have to support that claim? Just because he wasn't injured very often = he played not to get injured? WTF?
          Well I tried Googling you the evidence, and I failed.
          Tomlinson was balls out his first year or two, then smartened up. To minimize contact, he ran out of bounds early a lot and stopped fighting for extra yards. It worked - he stayed healthy and stopped fumbling. The only time he threw that low-contact policy to the side was near the goal line.
          I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about it. It's not a criticism. He did the right thing.

By the way, I didn't notice Verrett's injury problems were due to contact with other players. He seemed to get injured landing awkwardly after big jumps. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2015, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Do you want more tackles for a few yards less or more games played with more passes defensed and less passes thrown to his side of the field?
            If he plays balls to wall every time I would imagine they would stop throwing to his side or the Receiver would not want to catch the ball if it thrown his way so he would have longevity with hitting less in that regard. jus sayin..............

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Thank You Charged Up for your pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                Well I tried Googling you the evidence, and I failed.
                Tomlinson was balls out his first year or two, then smartened up. To minimize contact, he ran out of bounds early a lot and stopped fighting for extra yards. It worked - he stayed healthy and stopped fumbling. The only time he threw that low-contact policy to the side was near the goal line.
                I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about it. It's not a criticism. He did the right thing.

By the way, I didn't notice Verrett's injury problems were due to contact with other players. He seemed to get injured landing awkwardly after big jumps. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.
                It occurred in his senior year in college. They tried rest and rehab, but he re-aggravated it and they opted for surgery.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Do you remember when teams exploited the hell out of Deion Sanders's disdain for tackling? Yea, I don't either.
                  At that time there were also not a lot of "spread D" being played. It was easier to hide that aspect of his game within the defensive scheme. Now, you put the D in nickle and dime, spread out the offense, and run at the guy who won't force the play and make a tackle.

Your other post referencing Cromartie.....I would rather he had made the tackle and we went on to the SuoerBowl, than him play a long career.

My point previously was that Varrrett was a very good tackler and an excellent cover guy in college....an excellent all-around be it undersized CB. He is not a thumper, that recklessly launches into the fray. I see no reason for that not to continue. He was not hurt making a tackle, but falling awkwardly to the turf. what's next.....people don't want him to jump or dive to break up passes for fear of re-injuring the shoulder when he lands?
                  Last edited by Panamamike; 07-29-2015, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Maybe he could play inside a plastic bubble?
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Just stay healthy please.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                      X