• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I am very excited about this season. I think the team will be better than last year and if they can finally catch a break and stay reasonably healthy, I think they make the playoffs and who knows what could happen.

I am just so sick of stadium talk that games will be a relief!

Comment

• mikec
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Delaware North Sucks. This would be a good addition to a thread titled "Where's the excrement".

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

I'm actually very excited about this season. I honestly and strongly feel the OL and RB disaster brought us down last year more than anything....and I believe strongly we have brought in very solid starters and depth on the OL. I'm not a big fan of Trout's performance to date but i do realize he was a rookie two years ago and last year was bounced around along with Chris. I think the vets brought in are going to really elevate the competition and especially provide the depth we lacked last year on the OL. I'm very excited to see how the competition shakes out.

The running back situation I think we may have hit the nail on the head. While I was hoping Gurley would drop (the fascination for a Lynch big back was high) and thought based on reviews that he would be a great back, I really hadn't seen the portfolio of Gordon. Gordon to me is an every down back with the home run hitter capability we haven't had since LT. The delicate flower nature of Matthews (and I loved watching that kid run) needed to be addressed and, for me, it was addressed with the top option IMO. Gordon has a positive injury outlook (he's been healthy in his college career) and appears to be a fantastic talent. Combined with what I believe is a nicely corrected OL he may be the surprise rookie adding the most value to his team in the entire NFL. Having Woodhead is key to stability early in the season until Gordon can learn the finer points of blocking and pass catching.

While our D hasnt been all world I am in the belief they have some strengths that match up quite well to our main competition. Our secondary I think might be best in the AFC West and should be in the top 10 overall if they stay on the field. Our pass rush has far more unknowns but has some talent....biggest risk being healthy pass rushing. The DL IMO is probably just middle of the road at best....mostly lunch pail guys, but that might be enough to make it all work, especially if our Offense can be dominant like we've seen when the OL and RB core were healthy with McCoy's offense since he joined.

If we can keep injury numbers lower, have solid backups to fill in during lapses, and put a top 5 offense out there again I honestly think the skies the limit this year. I DO think we are playoff caliber. We have very strong offensive talent and we've shown we can compete against the best. I see no reason why we can't make a serious run at the title. Yes, we need a few breaks but why not? We've seen teams do it. Its time.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I think we have outstanding offensive skill players. If the O line can be in the 2nd quartile, I think we could average 28 points a game while playing ball control. That will win a lot of games.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by mikec View Post
            Delaware North Sucks. This would be a good addition to a thread titled "Where's the excrement".
            After what they did to Old Town, those bastards should not be allowed anywhere in San Diego County
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              After what they did to Old Town, those bastards should not be allowed anywhere in San Diego County
              After 30 years in this town and Spanos still acts like the carpetbagger he really is.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Does EVERY thread have to be turned into a Spanos bashing? some of us are actually looking forward to Chargers Football.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  Does EVERY thread have to be turned into a Spanos bashing? some of us are actually looking forward to Chargers Football.
                  "Where's the excitement?" is the name of this thread. Spanos is part of that and the stadium issue is a huge deal. If you don't like it, scroll past it or put me on ignore, I am being on topic.

Comment

• Little_Charger
                    Ex-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Chula Vista, CA
                    • CO
                    • Send PM

Who's NOT excited about Melvin Gordon?!?
                    Mission: Valley.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Wait and see.. right now usually there is too much homerism, everyone looks great in TC. This is the same every year at this time of year. For me its better to wait and see....

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I can separate my disdain for the business operations of the people who own the team, from the actual play of the team and football operations. I'm looking forward to a great season, maybe they aren't as stacked as they were in 2006 (and some of those games were lucky as well). There's talent on this team, it just hasn't avoided the injury bug or Norv... and that guy has been away for three years.

If we get a full season of Ingram, Attachu and Verrett, and if Gordon is as smooth as he look in camp, they should make the playoffs.
                        Last edited by Bolt-O; 08-06-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

6025....you dont excite me. :duh:

Comment

Working...
                          X