• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

That this poll is evenly split is surprising and pretty depressing. The Spanoses and the NFL are counting on you thumbs-uppers.

Personally? I think REAL fans of the team should pick a game a boycott it. Maybe it's some game no one cares about to begin with. But vote with your wallets and make sure the Spanoses understand that this isn't all financial roses for them.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      That this poll is evenly split is surprising and pretty depressing. The Spanoses and the NFL are counting on you thumbs-uppers.

Personally? I think REAL fans of the team should pick a game a boycott it. Maybe it's some game no one cares about to begin with. But vote with your wallets and make sure the Spanoses understand that this isn't all financial roses for them.
      Rep.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
        They were the LA Chargers for 1/55 of their lifetime, and San Diego Chargers for 54/55 of their lifetime. Here's my major issue with them moving and me not following them. San Diego has been dying for a major league championship. We've invested the time, money, heartbreak in this team. If they move, and then win a championship, that's LA's championship, not SD's. I have civic pride, I don't identify as an LA citizen. I would take no joy in the Chargers finally winning the big one after the team moves. And say it's within 5 years of them moving something like that happens. That means all the bandwagoner-johnny-come-lately's of LA got the Championship on the backs of us, using our sweat equity. It would be like sitting at a slot machine for 2 weeks, finally getting up, and the guy that sits down right after you, pulls a winner on the next spin.

Nobody's saying the Chargers can't move. We're simply refusing to pay for their product anymore if they do. Nothing entitled about that.
        Yup, exactamundo.
        Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
          They were the LA Chargers for 1/55 of their lifetime, and San Diego Chargers for 54/55 of their lifetime. Here's my major issue with them moving and me not following them. San Diego has been dying for a major league championship. We've invested the time, money, heartbreak in this team. If they move, and then win a championship, that's LA's championship, not SD's. I have civic pride, I don't identify as an LA citizen. I would take no joy in the Chargers finally winning the big one after the team moves. And say it's within 5 years of them moving something like that happens. That means all the bandwagoner-johnny-come-lately's of LA got the Championship on the backs of us, using our sweat equity. It would be like sitting at a slot machine for 2 weeks, finally getting up, and the guy that sits down right after you, pulls a winner on the next spin.

Nobody's saying the Chargers can't move. We're simply refusing to pay for their product anymore if they do. Nothing entitled about that.
          In a bit of an irony, that's exactly what happened to the Rams when they moved from LA (1995) and won the Super Bowl (1999). But I agree completely with you and BKR (which doesn't happen very often. ).

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            In a bit of an irony, that's exactly what happened to the Rams when they moved from LA (1995) and won the Super Bowl (1999). But I agree completely with you and BKR (which doesn't happen very often. ).
            Same with the Dirty Ravens and your herpes-esque Raiders the first time they moved.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Not from San Diego. Always will be Chargers fan. Wouldn't seem right to follow anyone else. Fan since Sep 10 1978, that date may ring a bell for some. Not everyone chooses a team just based on being local
              Last edited by chargerkdb; 08-14-2015, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Quit football or become a fan of a different team.

I get that there really is no choice for all of us, just the choice differs for about half of us...

I can't fualt either side as these are highly personal decisions and I hope we never have to make.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

It's not surprising. There are a lot of posters on here not from San Diego. From what I've seen, most San Diegans are not going to follow the Chargers if they go to LA. Being a fan in another area/state is fine but they're rarely the ones spending the big bucks on the team like PSLs and season tickets though. Those fans are more "important" to the Chargers just because of the potential business they can bring and they're the ones the Chargers are pissing off the most. That's the thing that doesn't make a lot of sense in all this.

Totally agree with you though.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    It's not surprising. There are a lot of posters on here not from San Diego. From what I've seen, most San Diegans are not going to follow the Chargers if they go to LA. Being a fan in another area/state is fine but they're rarely the ones spending the big bucks on the team like PSLs and season tickets though. Those fans are more "important" to the Chargers just because of the potential business they can bring and they're the ones the Chargers are pissing off the most. That's the thing that doesn't make a lot of sense in all this.

Totally agree with you though.
                    They want the two in the bush, not the bird in their hand.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

They thing its a fly in the hand vs 2 ostriges in the bush...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

I had to think long and hard about it, but eventually voted yes. I won't be giving them any money by buying season tickets in LA, but I guess my emotional investment to the players wins out over my dislike of Dean moving the team.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          I had to think long and hard about it, but eventually voted yes. I won't be giving them any money by buying season tickets in LA, but I guess my emotional investment to the players wins out over my dislike of Dean moving the team.
                          Those players will turn over in a few years. They'd leave you in the dust for more money. If they want to make it business I'm going to treat them as such.

Comment

Working...
                          X