X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Well. I know who the good guys are now. The people who voted yes might as well be Raiders fans. Same difference.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

No way for me...not ever.....of course I am going to lead the effort to strip the Spani of the team name "Chargers" so this poll is moot.......unless you are going to root for the LA Traffic Jam, LA Drive By, LA Earthquakes, LA Douchebags
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        We could have had a stadium years ago if the politicians had gotten off their asses. That's a politician for you, don't do shit until it's too late, and then make sure you take a little extra time beyond that just to show people you're trying.
        Bullshit. What part of the Great Recession and City facing bankruptcy for 8 years from pension payment commitments don't you understand ? Add in the Chargers turned the whole political establishment and most voters against them with the ticket guarantee fiasco and never so much as sniffing a Super Bowl again- and there wasn't a person alive willing to champion the losing cause of a new stadium. Now the economic outlook is better and for more than a year we've had a mayor willing to push for it (even Feelner was in favor) and its exactly the right time to be working on it when there's a couple years left on the current deal. The Chargers poisoned the well long ago and shit their own bed- yet they expect miracles along the way? Fuckem.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

As a proud San Diegan, I absolutely refuse to root for an LA team.

The city isn't forcing them out. The Chargers are choosing to want to leave. That's also a major sticking point with me. If it were the other way around, I may have some sympathy for them but they're choosing to give San Diego the finger, while being full of lies and deceit.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

6025, bonehead, Highboltage, KNSD, longhorn, SDfan, TBF, TTK , and Wheels are the good guys.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I see no credible reason to make this into a devicive thread in order to derive a class of fan. Loyal fans vs unloyal fans. Keep you half baked judgements to your self before you out yourself into a corner.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                I see no credible reason to make this into a devicive thread in order to derive a class of fan. Loyal fans vs unloyal fans. Keep you half baked judgements to your self before you out yourself into a corner.
                Half-baked judgements? Sounds like you don't like the quickie fandom poll.

Would this thread be legally defensible in court or just highly dubious?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I don't like an enoquios pole being used to decide future fandome in order to measure current fandome. Especially now all things considered.

I have no problem with TBF or his pole.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

For now. For this year, we are all San Diego Charger fans. Let's keep it that way is all I'm saying...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      I don't like an enoquios pole being used to decide future fandome in order to measure current fandome. Especially now all things considered.

I have no problem with TBF or his pole.
                      You don't like a what to decide what?

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        Bullshit. What part of the Great Recession and City facing bankruptcy for 8 years from pension payment commitments don't you understand ? Add in the Chargers turned the whole political establishment and most voters against them with the ticket guarantee fiasco and never so much as sniffing a Super Bowl again- and there wasn't a person alive willing to champion the losing cause of a new stadium. Now the economic outlook is better and for more than a year we've had a mayor willing to push for it (even Feelner was in favor) and its exactly the right time to be working on it when there's a couple years left on the current deal. The Chargers poisoned the well long ago and shit their own bed- yet they expect miracles along the way? Fuckem.

You keep mentioning this big ticket fiasco.....as though it was something evil. By some people's estimates there are 1500 obstructed seats that do not sell out often (thus, their argument that this is the main reason of the constant blackout threats for years ). The article says the ticket fiasco cost the city some 60,000 seat purchases. 7 years *8 home games*1500 = 84,000 obstructed seats during the time of the guarantee. Was it a bad deal. Yes, but the city agreed to it. Works out to a little more than 5 MM per year. Was it outrageous....not in my opinion. In 2004, the city agreed to the out clauses on the lease in order to cancel the ticket guarantee. I am not sure what it would have cost in revenue had he opted in on the other sell out threshold regarding percentage going to the visiting team. These were business decisions and I don't think they were out of line, or evil.
                        Last edited by Panamamike; 08-07-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                          You don't like a what to decide what?

I do not like EEE420 using TBFs pool (pole) to decide us into Charger Hatfield's and Charger McCoy's.

Clear?
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X