• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    I value your opinion in this community I value this community and maybe I am a little over sensitive when I'm am threatened to be lumped in a group separate from some like you whom I respect or like or both
    On top of that I fail to see the good for the community were that rabbit hole leads.
    Dubble post sorry...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

The intent behind my pool, pole or pole is simple.... A small (ish) picture as to what the spani can expect when they eventually leave. Right now our pool, pole or poll indicates they will be okay as only a slight majority will forego their fandom. I am quite surprised by the early results to be honest.

I love me some JHeimstra however, the Xhargers are counting on fans like you to aid their survival in LA. I don't give a darn who votes what as no matter what, your all bad asses in my book...even den60 ....

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I value your opinion in this community I value this community and maybe I am a little over sensitive when I'm am threatened to be lumped in a group separate from some like you whom I respect or like or both
        On top of that I fail to see the good for the community were that rabbit hole leads.
        Your heart's in the right place too, Stinky. I just hope this community stays together.

I've been a member in some way, shape, or form since 1994. It's been a big part of my life on the net, as the Chargers have been a big part of my whole life.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          The intent behind my pool, pole or pole is simple.... A small (ish) picture as to what the spani can expect when they eventually leave. Right now our pool, pole or poll indicates they will be okay as only a slight majority will forego their fandom. I am quite surprised by the early results to be honest.

I love me some JHeimstra however, the Xhargers are counting on fans like you to aid their survival in LA. I don't give a darn who votes what as no matter what, your all bad asses in my book...even den60 ....
          One thing to consider is where everyone lives. I've noticed on multiple message boards that fans who don't live in San Diego, don't really care about the issue, or at least not nearly as much as those of us here and understandably so. But these people are not the fans that you are referring to that the Chargers need to spend money on PSLs, tickets, concessions, parking, etc.

Comment

• RTPbolt
            Charger Fan till the end
            • Jun 2013
            • North Carolina
            • Send PM

I will chime in...

1. Frankly 420 you can sit on n that pole and spin for all i care and those are my indoor words. Calling me and others Raider fans that dont agree with your opinion is classless and childish...in my opinion. Yes im offended at that crap but it seems to go with your past comments.
            2. Yes i i left San Diego some 25 years ago and California 16 years ago and have followed my team religiously since i could afford the Sunday Ticket package. To me moving from San Diego is one variable in a host of variables but ultimately I cant just stop what has been part of my life since around 7. Same r ason I cant just switch to supporting the Panthers as my team...its not that easy. Do I care if they move any where but San Diego ...hell yes! I never would want them to move from my old home town.

Another interesting poll would be for those that said Yes is if they completely changed the team name would you follow...becoming lets say the LA Bombers or something. To me that might make it easier to leave...id probably follow them for a while, especially certain players but If I had to Id consider selecting the Panthers to support at that point. Changing like Ravens probably would be more polarizing for me.

RTPbolt

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I don't like an enoquios pole being used to decide future fandome in order to measure current fandome. Especially now all things considered.

I have no problem with TBF or his pole.
              I can't believe I'm posting on TBF's pole.

But, man, if you ain't for San Diego, you ain't for sheet. Like I said, you might as well be a Raiders fan.
              I'll still think you're cool, just like I still think QSmokey is cool.
              But, damn, your fandom sucks ass. You are okay with my team being stolen from me. I can't support that.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Stole your team? More like the City gave them away. Get yourself out of the JV city that is run so poorly they can't afford the Chargers.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Stole your team? More like the City gave them away. Get yourself out of the JV city that is run so poorly they can't afford the Chargers.
                  The truth comes out. You don't like San Diego. You like men in a certain uniform.
                  It's not L.A. that's stealing the team - it's the NFL and the Spanoses.
                  I don't live in San Diego anymore because I can't afford to. However, it is where I'm from. That will never change.
                  Like I said, you and QSmokey are still cool.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2015, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I love San Diego and its uncool to tell people what they think. The city I love still screwed the pooch when it comes down to keeping the Chargers. That is my opinion and kindly do not try and twist it.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I love San Diego and its uncool to tell people what they think. The city I love still screwed the pooch when it comes down to keeping the Chargers. That is my opinion and kindly do not try and twist it.
                      Ok. I misspoke (or mistyped? or twist-typed?) You think San Diego is JV and poorly run, will continue to root for the Spanoses after they remove the Chargers from San Diego, think I should get myself out of San Diego, and you love the city. My bad.
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-08-2015, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I will certainly disagree with your opinion here. The city did NOT fuck this up or "cause" the team to go apeshit greedy and act like 4 year olds. The city (Mayor Susan Golding) in fact INITIATED the deal to KEEP THE CHARGERS FOR 20 YEARS! Everybody signed the contract and everybody was happy they would stay 20 more years. Towards the END of a contract is when you negotiate the next 1- that's how its traditionally done throughout the business world. Just because the team started crying a few years into the 20 doesn't put any blame on the city for not trying to keep the team.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                          http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1839120

You keep mentioning this big ticket fiasco.....as though it was something evil. By some people's estimates there are 1500 obstructed seats that do not sell out often (thus, their argument that this is the main reason of the constant blackout threats for years ). The article says the ticket fiasco cost the city some 60,000 seat purchases. 7 years *8 home games*1500 = 84,000 obstructed seats during the time of the guarantee. Was it a bad deal. Yes, but the city agreed to it. Works out to a little more than 5 MM per year. Was it outrageous....not in my opinion. In 2004, the city agreed to the out clauses on the lease in order to cancel the ticket guarantee. I am not sure what it would have cost in revenue had he opted in on the other sell out threshold regarding percentage going to the visiting team. These were business decisions and I don't think they were out of line, or evil.
                          you're looking at it from the wrong angle. The "ticket guarantee" was actually a revenue guarantee for a specified, limited period of time wherein both sides had commitments to fulfill. The Chargers cried poor and said they weren't making enough $ each game and the city agreed to get them to a specific number. In return the Chargers promised to massively increase their spend on marketing to get up to the number they wanted on their own with no city subsidy. The Chargers failed to do this and instead milked the guarantee while shorting on Salary Cap, coaching hires (remember Mike Riley?) and telling Beathard to trade away 1st round picks because Alex Spanos didn't want to pay for their big contracts. When the politicians and fans finally had enough of this and called out the Chargers on the breach of contract they pulled the old "a contract is a contract" so sue us if you don't like it crap. Both sides did and the relationship has been hurt ever since. The city caved on the lawsuits to make it all just go away because of all the team promoted bad PR coming their way- and we are where we are.
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                          X