Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!!!!! Funniest line of the offseason IMO. Thanks for the laugh.
    I aim to please. L.A. is an easy punching bag. I lived in and around it for two years and dated an unknown even number of fake tits. It's not all bad though. It was the last place I got to see Jerry Garcia and the first place I got hit by a moped in my own front yard. Well, okay, it was mostly bad. But the Jerry part was good.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

The Jerry part was the best part. Weir cant carry the load.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        The Jerry part was the best part. Weir cant carry the load.
        Nobody could - not even Warren Haynes.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Would I still be a fan of the Chargers? It would be hard for me to stop rooting for a team I have supported for almost 40 years. So I would be a fan initially, at least. But for sure it would not be the same and over time, I am not sure how I will feel. It's just not black and white to me.

When the Browns left Cleveland, that was a bad scene. And that team became a 'new' team, one that Browns fans could not ever, ever support. And what Art Modell did makes the Spanoses look like choir boys. So that was as black and white as it can be.

With the confusing jumble of apparent half truths on both sides of these negotiations, I would not fault anyone for wanting to move on from the Chargers, but I won't do it.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

I have a friend who is from Cleveland and when the Browns left, even though the city was able to keep the name and get a new Browns team, he said it wasn't his team anymore and he had already moved on. I'm not sure of the exact reason but he wound up choosing the Eagles as his new team. Now he's a diehard Eagles fan, as much as I am (or was) a diehard Charger fan.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Would I still be a fan of the Chargers? It would be hard for me to stop rooting for a team I have supported for almost 40 years. So I would be a fan initially, at least. But for sure it would not be the same and over time, I am not sure how I will feel. It's just not black and white to me.

When the Browns left Cleveland, that was a bad scene. And that team became a 'new' team, one that Browns fans could not ever, ever support. And what Art Modell did makes the Spanoses look like choir boys. So that was as black and white as it can be.

With the confusing jumble of apparent half truths on both sides of these negotiations, I would not fault anyone for wanting to move on from the Chargers, but I won't do it.

TG
              1. If you root for the Spanos/L.A. Chargers, you aren't rooting for the same team you've been rooting for for 40 years. All you will have done is switch from rooting for good to rooting for evil.

2. Art Modell, as shitty as he was, was a better person than the Spanoses - at least as far as his part in stealing a team from its fans. Modell let Cleveland keep the team name knowing that one day the Cleveland Browns would be a thing again. The Spanoses and the NFL, apparently, aren't going to do the same for us.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                1. If you root for the Spanos/L.A. Chargers, you aren't rooting for the same team you've been rooting for for 40 years. All you will have done is switch from rooting for good to rooting for evil.

2. Art Modell, as shitty as he was, was a better person than the Spanoses - at least as far as his part in stealing a team from its fans. Modell let Cleveland keep the team name knowing that one day the Cleveland Browns would be a thing again. The Spanoses and the NFL, apparently, aren't going to do the same for us.
                Have they even said anything about rebranding if they move? I don't recall ever hearing anything about that.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Sorry, Friend. I lived in Cleveland when Modell moved the team. He did not "let" the city keep the name for the future. He had an injunction filed that would have delayed or messed up his new deal in Baltimore, numerous lawsuits filed against him, and part of the settlement for all that was that Cleveland got to keep the name and colors, which meant little to Modell compared to the money he was getting to move the team. Modell was an evil, evil man throughout his life. He screwed people associated with the Browns and his business partners time and time again When he died, people did what they do -- they talked about the good things he did -- but he had was not a good person. Spanos family pales in comparison.

Sorry, touched a nerve.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Sorry, Friend. I lived in Cleveland when Modell moved the team. He did not "let" the city keep the name for the future. He had an injunction filed that would have delayed or messed up his new deal in Baltimore, numerous lawsuits filed against him, and part of the settlement for all that was that Cleveland got to keep the name and colors, which meant little to Modell compared to the money he was getting to move the team. Modell was an evil, evil man throughout his life. He screwed people associated with the Browns and his business partners time and time again When he died, people did what they do -- they talked about the good things he did -- but he had was not a good person. Spanos family pales in comparison.

Sorry, touched a nerve.

TG
                    Okay. I didn't know it was against his will to give up the Browns name. Then Fart Modell is as bad as the Spanoses.

Of course, the Spanoses can erase my hatred of them by not moving the team. I mean - that's always an option.

Comment

• Boltimore
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Naples, FL
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Okay. I didn't know it was against his will to give up the Browns name. Then Fart Modell is as bad as the Spanoses.

Of course, the Spanoses can erase my hatred of them by not moving the team. I mean - that's always an option.
                      I have no idea what transpired with the Browns name etc, but I will tell you that the folks here were far happier naming the team as their own. I can remember the enthusiasm around the media contests that we had here to come up with a name, and i have to admit, they ended up with a pretty cool name and a new identity that the fans here could embrace. Who the hell wants a retread identity from another city?

Can we agree that Robert Irsay is far worse than either Modell and Spanos? Thx, preciate it.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Have they even said anything about rebranding if they move? I don't recall ever hearing anything about that.
                        It's never been mentioned by Fabiani or Spanos.

If I were them, I would though. LA is going to accept you more as a fresh new team instead of losers from their little brother city from the south.

Cities should negotiate a clause in keeping the name of a team in the city when they build teams new stadiums.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltimore View Post
                          I have no idea what transpired with the Browns name etc, but I will tell you that the folks here were far happier naming the team as their own. I can remember the enthusiasm around the media contests that we had here to come up with a name, and i have to admit, they ended up with a pretty cool name and a new identity that the fans here could embrace. Who the hell wants a retread identity from another city?

Can we agree that Robert Irsay is far worse than either Modell and Spanos? Thx, preciate it.
                          Sorry. As a Chargers fan, I can't say any owner is worse than the Spanoses. Well - if the team stays, then Tom Werner, Gene Klein, and Al Davis are still the worst.

Speaking of team names that should have stayed - the Oilers. The Houston Texans is the stupidest team name ever.

Oh yea. And fuck the Ravens, evermore.

Comment

Working...
                          X