Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Who was it that use to say, "its not over, till its over."?

I remember as a kid watching mnf with my dad very fondly and herring that in one game my dad let me stay up late to watch. It became my battle cry to stay up and watch the game to the end, just me and my dad. Didn't matter if it was 62 - 3 I would state, its not over till its over!

To witch my dad would reply, " Turn out the lights, the parties over."
    Yogi Berra.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

One of them must have quoted him during a game. Probable Cossell...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

One of them must have quoted him during a game. Probable Cossell...
        Young Stinky Wizzleteats. Arrogant, pompous, obnoxious, vain, cruel, verbose, a showoff. There is no question he is all of those things. But he's just telling it like it is. Look at that little Stinky run.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          Was that when Mike Curtis clotheslined that fan that ran on the field?
          Ha! No but in MD Curtis was KING we loved that man.........I had a poster in my room and I swear it was Mike Curtis

If you are into American Football or sports in general this poster could be something for you. The poster displays a player from the former Baltimore Colts (1953-83) - professional American football team based in Baltimore, Maryland. In 1984 the Colts moved to Indianapolis and are now known as the
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            Frank Gifford was always the straight man on Monday Night Football. Howard Cosell and Dandy Don made football fun, but, without Frank, it wouldn't have been football - it just would have been Monday night.

I was hoping to dig up video of the John Jefferson one-handed catch in the back of the endzone against the Raiders, which I always thought was on Monday night. But it turns out, that wasn't Monday night. My childhood memory is jacked up. Just goes to show my bad cognitive skills have nothing to do with my later love affair with a certain plant.

So, as a non sequitur tribute to Frank Gifford, here's a picture I used to have on my wall as a kid -

[ATTACH]742[/ATTACH]

I found this at Glorify the Past. Hooray, Internet, for fact-checking my childhood memories and making them a lot less cool.
            That's an awesome picture. Thanks for sharing it. Reminds me how much I loved JJ and really personifies him. (And how much it hurt when he left -- Gene Klein!)

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
              Ha! No but in MD Curtis was KING we loved that man.........I had a poster in my room and I swear it was Mike Curtis

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2411738...all?ref=market
              I remember those posters too and I always thought the same, that they used Curtis as the model for that poster.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                Young Stinky Wizzleteats. Arrogant, pompous, obnoxious, vain, cruel, verbose, a showoff. There is no question he is all of those things. But he's just telling it like it is. Look at that little Stinky run.
                A long way to go for a left handed compliment my finely medicated friend....
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

A long way to go for a left handed compliment my finely medicated friend....
                  No offense. It was a bunch of Howard Cosell quotes and catchphrases. Do you only spell correctly when you're cereal?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

No its a Johny Fever thing. If you remember the wkrp in cininati show I'm referring to...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

No its a Johny Fever thing. If you remember the wkrp in cininati show I'm referring to...
                      Dr. Johnny was great. There were a few characters in that show that brought it down, but certain parts were hilarious. Les Nessman, the main fat guy, the dude with the afro, Herb - all funny. The blonde chick's relationship with that one guy who looks like Randy Travis - not so entertaining.

Same thing happened to 3s Company. Jack, Larry, and the Ropers/Ferley - hilarious. The rest - boring.

Frank Gifford would have been boring by himself. But I feel like the show wouldn't have made any sense without him. He was the Barney Miller of the show. He wasn't, himself, entertaining, but he made Cosell and Dandy Don stick somewhat with football.

If Monday Night Football were a Republican debate, Gifford would have Jeb Bush. Cosell would have been Trump and Dandy Don would have been Dubya - not President Dubya, but the young, party Dubya.

Comment

Working...
                      X