• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I do not see anything that they are doing on the roster as "rebuilding", nor do I see this as an all-or-nothing season. I believe there is a lot of talent on this roster, with a good mix of vets and youth. I look forward to winning the AFC West followed by a deep playoff run. With any luck at all, we will be the last team standing.

GO BOLTS!!!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
      I do not see anything that they are doing on the roster as "rebuilding", nor do I see this as an all-or-nothing season. I believe there is a lot of talent on this roster, with a good mix of vets and youth. I look forward to winning the AFC West followed by a deep playoff run. With any luck at all, we will be the last team standing.

GO BOLTS!!!
      We San Diego Chargers fans see this as an all-or-nothing season. We need to win this year or everything was for nothing.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

All teams are in a constant state of rebuilding. the idea that you can stand pat and not be developing players is kinda silly. Some positions like edge pass rushers, DL, CB, QB and OT are all going to demand top money, and teams cannot afford to have top players at every position who are getting paid top dollar. And even if by some miracle we could, and not totally suck at all the other important positions (like every other one), then guys get older and eventually need to be replaced.

I'm also not sure we didn't lose a starter. The argument that Williams hasn't shown that much, while true, also applies to every other OLB we have. The starters spots are wide open to whoever goes and grabs it.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          All teams are in a constant state of rebuilding. the idea that you can stand pat and not be developing players is kinda silly. Some positions like edge pass rushers, DL, CB, QB and OT are all going to demand top money, and teams cannot afford to have top players at every position who are getting paid top dollar. And even if by some miracle we could, and not totally suck at all the other important positions (like every other one), then guys get older and eventually need to be replaced.

I'm also not sure we didn't lose a starter. The argument that Williams hasn't shown that much, while true, also applies to every other OLB we have. The starters spots are wide open to whoever goes and grabs it.
          Ingram is good when he's healthy. I wish we had some good outside linebackers who could play the whole season.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            We San Diego Chargers fans see this as an all-or-nothing season. We need to win this year or everything was for nothing.
            Well, I have been a fan since '79 when I was nine years old. Because I do not live in SD and would still cheer for the Chargers if they moved, does not make me less of a fan and the references being thrown around to that affect are bullshit. Given that nothing is set in stone either way as to them leaving or not, I think you are still incorrect on all-or-nothing even given your feelings on the subject.

That being said, today I put my $100 bucks down on the Bolts at 45-1 to win the SB. IF they do leave, and win on the way out, that would be more Hollywood than moving to To Hollywood. IF they win AND stay all the better......I am not a big movie fan anyway.
            Last edited by Panamamike; 08-14-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

But how is he any different from Williams? We need at least 3 of the guys we have to step up. 2 starters and someone to sub in with them. Until that happens, everyone is in the mix. I could care less who steps up. And if all of them play well enough, just bring them in waves.

The lack of OLB pass rush has been holding our D back for years. No matter how good the secondary plays, the QB is going to complete passes against us. But some teams like Carolina and the Texans (not last year but a couple years ago) got by with pretty ordinary secondaries because they could pressure the QB.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                Well, I have been a fan since '79 when I was nine years old. Because I do not live in SD does not make me less of a fan and the references being thrown around to that affect are bullshit. Given that nothing is set in stone either way as to them leaving or not, I think you are still incorrect on all-or-nothing.

That being said, today I put my $100 bucks down on the Bolts at 45-1 to win the SB. IF they do leave, and win on the way out, that would be more Hollywood than moving to To Hollywood. IF they win AND stay all the better......I am. It a big movie fan anyway.
                Let's put it this way - you are a fan of the Chargers wherever they play - which means you have a long time to wait around for a Super Bowl victory. I'm not a fan of the Wherever Chargers; I'm only a fan of the San Diego Chargers. I hope the team stays in San Diego, but I'm not counting on it. We win this year, or my fandom was a waste of time.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  #damnyouqsmokey
                  Yep. #badkarma.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

#curseoflarryenglish
                    Last edited by TTK; 08-14-2015, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X