Chargers @ Broncos Pregame Discussion (wk 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Interesting that they activated him for this game. Is JJ out again?
    No, Jackson practiced all week and is good go to for this week, at least according to the latest injury report yesterday. I wonder if they're elevating Bradwell for special teams, or they plan to make Rountree or Kelley inactive for the game, or if they have a special purpose in mind for him. My guess is the want to see if Bradwell can produce and are planning to make Kelley inactive. I don't know really.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

No, Jackson practiced all week and is good go to for this week, at least according to the latest injury report yesterday. I wonder if they're elevating Bradwell for special teams, or they plan to make Rountree or Kelley inactive for the game, or if they have a special purpose in mind for him. My guess is the want to see if Bradwell can produce and are planning to make Kelley inactive. I don't know really.
      I’d like to see what he’s got. Kelley isn’t gonna blossom into a useful player for us. If he was on the Patriots he’d be an all pro

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I've been banging the table for Bruiser Bradwell since the pre-season...I think he's better than Kelley and could give Rountree some real competition...
        I don't know but it's worth a look given our lack of consistent #2 RB production. Ek is awesome, the others ??

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Bradwell runs angry.
          Show the world we are not a "finesse team."
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Bradwell runs angry.
            Show the world we are not a "finesse team."
            So does Rountree

Not sure either are ready for the NFL
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I also hope Bradwell can show something and he gets a chance to show it. But I feel like he will get 2 carries for 6 yards. But hey, that is better than Rountree and Kelly!
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                I also hope Bradwell can show something and he gets a chance to show it. But I feel like he will get 2 carries for 6 yards. But hey, that is better than Rountree and Kelly!
                If those two carries for 6 yards end up blasting through a stacked box for two first downs, I'll take it!

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Roundtree seemed pretty good at that up and over from the one yard line. Wanna see another for a TD and for that funny celebration of his. Use him for up and overs only. Otherwise, his 2.5 YPC ain’t helping.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Shoutout to our kicker Hopkins. Why? He was signed without fanfare and no big “who will win the summer camp kicker competition” drama articles. Seemingly gotten out of nowhere, Hopkins has done pretty damn well. All his kickoffs aren’t returned, he’s more dependable at PAT’s then the previous two kickers, and he’s made a few long FG’s. Time to give this sudden out of nowhere guy some kudos.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

The Bolts' O-line is better than it was last year, but it isn't close to being GOOD yet.

MO, Rountree reads blocks well and has burst. As the line gets better, so will Rountree.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Shoutout to our kicker Hopkins. Why? He was signed without fanfare and no big “who will win the summer camp kicker competition” drama articles. Seemingly gotten out of nowhere, Hopkins has done pretty damn well. All his kickoffs aren’t returned, he’s more dependable at PAT’s then the previous two kickers, and he’s made a few long FG’s. Time to give this sudden out of nowhere guy some kudos.
                        He looks like such a great add. His kicks fly like professional kicks, most of them are steady and true flight. Our last two kickers kicked shit wobbly swerving balls, i was never comfortable even when they made it.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The Bolts' O-line is better than it was last year, but it isn't close to being GOOD yet.

MO, Rountree reads blocks well and has burst. As the line gets better, so will Rountree.

Some missed RB blocking assignments are the result of a newb running back following a flawed plan by the OC. The option is given for such a RB to decide to get free and run thru the line for a pass, when he should’ve stayed with his blocking assignment. But the option WAS given for such a plan B. That RB is also at fault for not sticking to plan A…pick up the blitz. A bit of fault lies with both. I saw one play where an eager RB wanted bad to go with plan B and be the hero. He neglected his duty to Plan A.

Comment

Working...
                          X