Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Irish Chargers View Post

Linval can still be activated off COVID list tomorrow.
    He’s not playing this weekend:

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

According to this, Herbert's arm velocity is less than Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Andy Dalton and Jimmy Garoppolo, among others.
      I'll never believe the internet again
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You said the Chargers simply having Herbert at QB and being superior to the Broncos' QBs guarantees a win against Denver. Not so. The game felt like watching a Dragon Ball Z episode where the good guys get their asses kicked by the bad guys. It got hopeless after a certain point.
        I turned the shit show off in the 4th quarter. Hopefully I don't have to do that this week too.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

According to this, Herbert's arm velocity is less than Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Andy Dalton and Jimmy Garoppolo, among others.
          that is obviously flawed...... which is obvious to naked eye.....

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Looking ahead to next Sunday.

Daniel Jones’ status for the rest of the season unknown

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Shut down Joe Mixon and pressure Burrow. We won’t have Linval but get fresh rotation of the UDFA’s and let em do what they did to Najee. Bengals OL isn’t great and bring Murray to get pressure.

On offense, this needs to be JJ’s signature game of 2021. Ekeler is tired and we need a #2. Herbert your ROY award is on the line Sunday. Show the country that it wasn’t just a Burrow knee injury that cleared the path. Wr and te’s catch the damn ball. Spread it around to Parham and Stephen A.

We can do this

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Lombo - if you only run 8-10 plays but they keep working, don't stop win the game
                Notes to Lombo:

1. Hopefully Feiler starts at LG...in case he can't,play Jaimes in place of "Drive-Killa-mete"
                2. Use a RB and TE for max protect on most pass plays. Safety valve pass is TE chips his man, then out to the flats for a 5-8-yd gain
                3. Use a lot of designed roll-outs for Herbie
                4. Take a few midrange to deep shots to prevent stacking the box
                5. For crying out loud, don't keep sending Ekkie up the gut into a stacked box for nada

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm of two minds on that throw. When I look at the play, to me the throw was catchable and has to be caught. On the other hand, when I consider it went of the hands of Austin Ekeler, who does not make mistakes, the fact he didn't bring it down makes me say, "OK, maybe it wasn't catchable."
                  that's at least 2 straight weeks of drops by Ek. He also dropped a similar pattern down close to the goalline recently where he probably wouldve waltzed right into the endzone.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Reading this article makes me wonder about what we’re doing already with the quick passing game and if Herbert and the offense can overcome the OL weaknesses on Sunday. Herbert doesn’t have Rodgers quick processing yet but you got to do something. Snippet below:

Offensive line injuries can be devastating for an offense. If a team can’t protect the quarterback, it is going to have a tough time moving the ball consistently and avoiding negative plays. The Packers have dealt with offensive line issues all season, yet Aaron Rodgers and the offense have continued moving along — they rank fifth in offensive DVOA, Football Outsider’s efficiency metric. All-Pro left tackle David Bakhtiarihasn’t played a snap this season and Pro-Bowl guard Elgton Jenkins, who has filled in for Bakhtiari, only played in eight of 11 games before his season-ending injury in Week 11.

In Week 12 against the Rams, the Packers offense ranked seventh in expected points added (EPA) per dropback while being overmatched from a talent perspective up front. Going against a defensive line that featured Aaron Donald, Von Miller and Leonard Floydwith an injury-riddled offensive line would be a challenge for any quarterback but Rodgers was able to weather the storm with disciplined footwork, quick processing and good old-fashioned pocket presence. Despite the mismatch, Rodgers was only sacked once.

Schematically, head coach and play-caller Matt LaFleur helped the offense by calling a lot of quick game (3-step drop concepts) and screens. Rodgers also revealed on The Pat MacAfee Show that the Packers used the hard count to slow down the rush.

“We have some cadences that I haven’t done in a while,” Rodgers explained. “We had a late-in-the-snap-count quick cadence. We had multiple on-threes in the game. We had it on two. We had a first color, a second color, a third color, first sound plays. We’re not drawing a ton of people offsides — maybe like we were for a time where it seemed like every single game, we have one or two — but it’s definitely a weapon because you can’t just tee off on what we’re doing up front.”

By switching up the count, defensive linemen aren’t able to time the snap count and get into a rhythm. Also, it could be extremely frustrating to play a quarterback who constantly throws the ball in less than 2.5 seconds. There were plays in the game when Donald would beat blocks almost instantaneously but couldn’t get to Rodgers. With the injury issues that the Packers have dealt with, Rodgers is getting rid of the ball faster than he has in his three seasons in LaFleur’s system by a wide margin. According to TruMedia, this season, 57.6 percent of his passes have been thrown in less than 2.5 seconds and only 23.1 percent of his attempts have come after 3 seconds.

With how much the deep-passing game is emphasized in today’s game, the quick-passing game is a bit of a lost art, but Rodgers is a master at it. He quickly processes defenses, his release is one of the fastest in the league, and although he can smoothly snap into position to make throws, he can still throw with precision without setting his feet.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Reading this article makes me wonder about what we’re doing already with the quick passing game and if Herbert and the offense can overcome the OL weaknesses on Sunday. Herbert doesn’t have Rodgers quick processing yet but you got to do something. Snippet below:

interesting write up...... obviously QB's like Rodgers or Brady have so much experience that they can do things more quickly than a QB with 1.5 seasons of experience.....

and they practice every day against good defenses......but herbert is practicing against a very weak defense every day... ......how much can herbert learn practicing against a defense that cant cover, cant stop the run, and cant rush passer....?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Here's a little side pocket analytics for ya...

The 33rd Team uses a BPI (Big Play Index)
                        which correlates to wins.
                        BPI parameters are runs 10 yards + and passes 16 yards +.
                        LAC top tier.
                        CIN middle of pack surprisingly.
                        LAC pass defense slightly better than CIN.

Conclusion: LAC wins in an upset.

Former NFL GM Mike Tannenbaum and The 33rd Team staff love Herb.
                        State of the Art in their eyes.

This is the time of year when teams like to pound it.
                        It is also the time of year when players like Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, and hopefully Herbert shine.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Rodgers has the quickest release I have ever seen in an NFL QB. He doesn't have a long wind up, he just snaps his arm and the ball is gone. His experience allows him to be instantly decisive, and that is what makes him so hard to defend. You can't get a QB who is able to get rid of the ball so quickly and still hit his targets. I think Herbert will grow into that quick decisiveness, able to make instant decisions where to go with the ball. But I don't know if Herbert will ever match Rodger's quick release. I don't know if any other QB can really.

Comment

Working...
                          X