Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I smell what Herb is cookin'.
    How about a shoot out win ?
    We cant keep expecting Herb to make chicken salad out of TT and Johnny the midget's chicken shit.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Rainy day in Ohio.
      If it rains, Herbie should be able to gun the rock right through those raindrops with only a 5% or so dropoff in velocity...receivers all better be wearing gloves with Stick-um...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

We cant keep expecting Herb to make chicken salad out of TT and Johnny the midget's chicken shit.
        Until proven otherwise, I consider the Bolts to be a "half-baked" team...still need some more pieces in place to make a serious SB run...at best, I think we back into playoffs and are one and done...at worst, we only win 1-2 games the rest of the way...hoping for the best, but just cringe every time I see Scho, Kelemete and Norton let the rushers flood in like the water gushing into the Titanic...

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Good debate on Justin Herbert v. Joe Burrow. Stephen A. still puts Herbert a bit above Burrow. My take is that at first Herbert clearly was the better of the two, and when Burrow's season ended early last year with the knee injury, it became a one-horse race - Herbert by a mile. But, not taking away from Herbert, I think Burrow has risen to Herbert's level. The one area where Herbert still has a clear edge, I think, is his ability to run. Even when Burrow regains full confidence in his surgically repaired knee, I think Herbert will always be the better runner, scrambler. But as passers, I feel they are about equal now.

Comment

• BT3241
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2020
            • Send PM

I agree JB is playing very well - as the chargers go the defense can only get off the field when the other team scores we can only hope Hebert can keep up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...at some point you would think the Spani would get tired of all the losing, or BARELY missing the playoffs and move on from TT...
              Don't get me wrong - I will be watching the game Sunday - intently
              (though sometimes I do leave the rooms on the opposing teams 3rd downs so I don't see the inevitable 12 yard gain on 3rd and 9)
              But that said, Chargers are the 7th seed and if they win Sunday, would really be a solid win against a good Bengals team

Staley - dial up whatever on defense

Lombo - if you only run 8-10 plays but they keep working, don't stop

win the game

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

Is it me or Cynthia is deep in the left field again ?

THING I DON'T LIKE: Chargers QB Justin Herbert to pass for more than 283.5 yards against the Bengals.

I realize that Herbert has eclipsed 284 passing yards in three of his past four games, but the Bengals unit he'll face on Sunday has held opposing QBs to fewer than 265 pass yards in each of its last three games. What gives? One of the big keys to this game is the run: Whichever team is more effective in that phase wins. Herbert's arm will still be impactful and impressive, but more rushing attempts from both teams means fewer possessions, and effective rushing means Herbert will be less likely to need as many attempts.

Follow Cynthia Frelund on Twitter.

CIN's run defense is better than their pass defense !

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  Is it me or Cynthia is deep in the left field again ?

THING I DON'T LIKE: Chargers QB Justin Herbert to pass for more than 283.5 yards against the Bengals.

I realize that Herbert has eclipsed 284 passing yards in three of his past four games, but the Bengals unit he'll face on Sunday has held opposing QBs to fewer than 265 pass yards in each of its last three games. What gives? One of the big keys to this game is the run: Whichever team is more effective in that phase wins. Herbert's arm will still be impactful and impressive, but more rushing attempts from both teams means fewer possessions, and effective rushing means Herbert will be less likely to need as many attempts.

Follow Cynthia Frelund on Twitter.

CIN's run defense is better than their pass defense !
                  Yep.
                  Cin #4 run D, #25 pass D on the season. Cincy's pass D has been torched by someone. Herbert is our best weapon, as always.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Good debate on Justin Herbert v. Joe Burrow. Stephen A. still puts Herbert a bit above Burrow. My take is that at first Herbert clearly was the better of the two, and when Burrow's season ended early last year with the knee injury, it became a one-horse race - Herbert by a mile. But, not taking away from Herbert, I think Burrow has risen to Herbert's level. The one area where Herbert still has a clear edge, I think, is his ability to run. Even when Burrow regains full confidence in his surgically repaired knee, I think Herbert will always be the better runner, scrambler. But as passers, I feel they are about equal now.

Could we get their respective velocity measurements? I just don’t think Burrow has Herbert’s cannon arm. Accuracy very close, maybe advantage Burrows touch, because he doesn’t have cannon arm. Lol

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Could we get their respective velocity measurements? I just don’t think Burrow has Herbert’s cannon arm. Accuracy very close, maybe advantage Burrows touch, because he doesn’t have cannon arm. Lol
                      After a certain point, I don't think velocity matters. Herbert may well have a stronger arm than Burrow, but Burrow is still probably one of the stronger arm QBs in the league, plenty strong enough to be an elite. Brady didn't/doesn't have the strongest arm and he's done OK. Ryan Leaf on the other hand probably had the strongest arm in the league when he was playing.

Comment

• SBbound
                        Casual fanatic
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Merced/San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Draft measurements
                        Ball Velocity: Exposing the Power QB (pass2win.com)

Josh Allen Wyoming 62
                        Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech, Chiefs- 60
                        Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, Browns 60
                        Justin Herbert, Oregon- 55
                        Joe Burrow – did not throw (I read somewhere he throws 55?)
                        Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Rainy day in Ohio.
                          how's about the D shows up -- isn't that Staley's specialty -- and we win going away?

Comment

Working...
                          X