• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltaction
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

It reminds me of the delima that Tom Cruise had in choosing a horse in Far and Away. Now that old horse is slow and sure, he is not going to win any races or championships. But that young stud can win you races and championships, but he is young, green broke, in another words inexperienced. The old horse died before the race even started. Just as Novak got hurt just trying to kick in the Arizona game, not even getting hit. I think it's time to put Novak out to pasture.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
      It reminds me of the delima that Tom Cruise had in choosing a horse in Far and Away. Now that old horse is slow and sure, he is not going to win any races or championships. But that young stud can win you races and championships, but he is young, green broke, in another words inexperienced. The old horse died before the race even started. Just as Novak got hurt just trying to kick in the Arizona game, not even getting hit. I think it's time to put Novak out to pasture.
      that's sad, at least Tom Cruise got to bang Nicole Kidman
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Its sad that he was probably thinking of Joe Buck.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I think people are underestimating the consistency thing on kicking FG. If McCoy just uses the performance in preseason games, he is an idiot. These mean very little, especially for kickers. You have to factor in everything in practice as well, especially since that is where you can force a kicker to go through a lot more rigor. It's not the same as a game, and you can't ignore the number of kicks they make in practice in camp, OTA's and the like.

Fans love it when teams go for it in the red zone, but nothing hurts a teams chances of winning more then getting into the red zone and walking away with no points at all. Going for it on 4th and goal is rarely a good idea, and teams that walk away with nothing often lose. Fans and TV announcers harp on TD percentage, but look at the teams that have poor red zone percentage (scoring overall) and they are usually the ones that are at the bottom of the league. Imagine if it was not just the red zone, but score FG at all became an adventure. I would really want to get to know the kid before I rested the teams future with him. How is he going to perform when he gets on a bit of a miss streak? Every once in a while, he will, so how will he handle it? A lot of young kickers fold, you want to make sure he is mentally tough enough too.

Lambo deserves a chance. And if we have a rookie kicker, our FG percentage is going to go down (or at least you have to assume it will). Novak is 11-18 from 50+ in his career, (2-4, 2-2 and 3-4 the last 3 years). It is not like he is bad as a long range FG kicker. If I was McCoy I would definitely be considering a move, but I would not make it yet. He has another week, so why make the decision until you have too? Fans love to make snap decisions, but this is one that the season could ride on, especially with the extra point thing.

Our starting field position is among the best in the league, but there is room for improvement. If Lambo can learn to place the ball, add some hang time, and also have the leg to occasionally boom it out, then it makes a ton of sense. But it CANNOT be at the expense of leaving points on the field, by missing FG. McCoy needs to use the whole preseason, and that means practices as well as games.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            My brother in law worked on the movie Eyes Wide Shut. Tom had to have psychological help on the set to "perform" the sex scenes with Nicole. There is a reason there are so many rumors about his preferences.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If Lambo can just learn how to kick the ball out of the endzone.... lol
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                My brother in law worked on the movie Eyes Wide Shut. Tom had to have psychological help on the set to "perform" the sex scenes with Nicole. There is a reason there are so many rumors about his preferences.

I wish Tom well no matter what. It would be a shame if he's gay and he's trying to force himself to be different ( he married Nicole of course). Good luck. Seems like a lot of frustration to me.
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                  I wish Tom well no matter what. It would be a shame if he's gay and he's trying to force himself to be different ( he married Nicole of course). Good luck. Seems like a lot of frustration to me.
                  I don't think his religion is helping him in this regard (Travolta either). They have to tow the line.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    I don't think his religion is helping him in this regard (Travolta either). They have to tow the line.

Right.

I knew a dude going through a helluva lot of that stuff - and more - I used to work with here in the desert. He was a well-driller (whatever they're called). That is not a fun job here in Palm Springs in the middle of Summer. Take my word for it. Anyways, he goes to camps (religious of course) to convert himself to enjoy women I guess. And you can easily tell he's right on the edge all the time. The stress of not accepting who he is is making him very volatile. I was helping him one day and he turned on me when I suggested he just accept who he is. Thank god nothing connected. I would be in the hospital. Strong dude. He's a good guy though.
                    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                      The irony is that my brother in law who told me this is gay. He is staying in the closet because the reality is that he wants to be thought of as a leading man and action figure and that is a harder sell for a gay man than as a straight one - even in these politically correct times. Note - that isn't my opinion, that is what my brother in law told me. According to him, there are a surprising number of gay actors that are married or playboys that you'd be surprised about that don't want it known. I don't really care one way or another, but there are a lot of fragile egos attacted to that industry seeking attention and validation that don't want to jeapordize their chances of getting certain roles.

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

I hope the Chargers keep lambo.

Novak is older and will physically break down when we need him the most.

If we cut lambo, he will be picked within hours.

Comment

• Faded blues
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Send PM

The term homosexual was created by British psychologists around the 1850's so they could classify being gay as a mental disorder.

Just as they classified black dudes as inferior by their skin color.

Society would be better off if we discarded labels.

People are a lot more complex than either being gay or straight, democrat or republican, smart or den etc....

Comment

Working...
                          X