• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

WR Depth

The first four are locks, Inman you think would be a lock putting us at 5 WR, but he got concussed and camp followers says he hasn't always ran the correct routes

Allen, Keenan -Lock

Floyd, Malcom -Lock

Johnson, Stevie -Lock

Jones, Jacoby -Lock

Allen, Torrence - Haven't seen nothing from him

Davis, Titus- intriguing

Herndon, Javontee- flashed quickness and ST ability

Inman, Dontrelle- see comments above

Pettis, Austin - Veteran presence big body

Williams, Tyrell - Very intriguing small sample size, few drops, but has the height, speed and seems to get open (Malcom Floyd replacement after he retires possibly)
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

There are a couple of good WR that are going to be caught up in the numbers game and let go. I think the ones to help on ST are going to get the leg up.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Austin Pettis was nails in the AZ game and caught some tough passes in crunch time with the game on the line. He moved into the 5 spot to me.

Tyrell Williams has potential but is not ready to play at this level IMO. He needs a year of intensive training running routes and catching a couple hundred balls a day to get to the big league. I don't think anybody poaches him right now if we PS him. He's just not ready to play. Maybe some low level team steals him in December.

Inman and Herndon should end up on somebody's squad this year. They're ready.

And we still need to find that #1 speed receiver in next year's draft so losing these guys won't hurt that much.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Id say Inman and Pettis

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Pettis over Inman, Inman v. Williams for that final spot IMO.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm not necessarily all that high on our WR group this year based on preseason so far. Hopefully they can generate more separation on their downfield routes. Then again, they haven't really run any downfield routes.... Game 3 should reveal more.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
              I'm not necessarily all that high on our WR group this year based on preseason so far. Hopefully they can generate more separation on their downfield routes. Then again, they haven't really run any downfield routes.... Game 3 should reveal more.
              We are in a better situation than Green Bay (J. Nelson) and Carolina (K. Benjamin) number 1 receivers on their team out for the year. Green Bay situation way better than Carolina they have Randall Cobb and Devante Adams which is way better than Carolina who have a bunch of numbeer 3 recievers

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Id say Inman and Pettis
                I'll co-sign that one.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

WR Depth

Tyrell will make the team over Pettis. Pettis is nothing more than a possession receiver and we already have plenty of those. If anything Pettis' competition should be Inman. Tyrell is younger, bigger, faster, cheaper, and has shown potential as a gunner on special teams. That's the type of guy you carry as your 6th WR. Tyrell reminds me so much of VJ when he came into the league. Would avoid exposing that kind of talent to waivers.

Who knows maybe we can trade Inman or pettis to someone like Carolina or GB for a 7th or something.
                  Last edited by Antonio's Gates; 08-24-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Boltaction
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I totally agree with you AG. Williams is the sixth WR. He is also the fastest WR on the team and CBs have to hold him or he runs wide open. Williams will be the Chargers number one receiver next year with KA as the number two and Johnson in the slot. To talented to place on the PS.

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post

Tyrell Williams has potential but is not ready to play at this level IMO.

Inman and Herndon should end up on somebody's squad this year. They're ready.

And we still need to find that #1 speed receiver in next year's draft so losing these guys won't hurt that much.
                      I think Williams gets snatched if we put him on PS......
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

WR Depth

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
                        I totally agree with you AG. Williams is the sixth WR. He is also the fastest WR on the team and CBs have to hold him or he runs wide open. Williams will be the Chargers number one receiver next year with KA as the number two and Johnson in the slot. To talented to place on the PS.
                        Yup plus listening to fouts and the other dude on the broadcast talk about how high the coaching staff is on him and even comparing him to Malcom makes me believe he will make it. Krasovic (only chargers reporter I trust) has consistently praised him as well. He can be the gunner, while developing behind Floyd, then when Floyd retires there's your replacement. As you said he does something no other WR on the roster does; run by people. Jacoby is the only other one and he's more of a special teamer.
                        Last edited by Antonio's Gates; 08-24-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X