Giants @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    NY Football Giants haven't scored more than 20 points in 8 games
    They are starting their 3rd QB - a dude signed off the Bills PS a few weeks ago I believe

Chargers cannot get over confident but Staley needs to dial up some stuff for Fromme and make it a long darn day
    8 in the box to stop BArkley and just make Fromme make the passes to beat you

On offense - should be able to pass on these guys

I will take a last second FG win - but really this should be a large victory for the Chargers.
    Pretty simple game plan to me. As you say, make Fromme beat you.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If Ecke got hurt it would be our #1 problem.
      This is the perfect game to bench Ekeler and see what we got in backups once and for all.

Someone HAS TO step up or Ekeler is going to IR due to irresponsible overuse before the season is over.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

This is the perfect game to bench Ekeler and see what we got in backups once and for all.

Someone HAS TO step up or Ekeler is going to IR due to irresponsible overuse before the season is over.
        I wouldn't say bench Ekeler but this could be a good day to limit his touches and hopefully the game is such that Kelley, Jackson and Rountree can handle the bulk of the carries.

Comment

• Bolts318
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

First time I’ve heard SoFi called a monstrosity. What’s the reasoning? Just curious
          Maybe the word monstrosity is not correct, it is more the experiences we've had than the structure itself. The stories of the awful concessions, exit traffic, lack of portable toilets in the pink lot(it seemed like Carson had an oversupply of spot-a-pots)and cheap plastic seats in my section(318) are well documented. But the ugliest part was when the place, or at least the employees, were not equipped for the handicapped.

Week 1 against Dallas, we had someone who was confined to a wheelchair due to unexpected leg surgery weeks before. So we could not sit in our regular seats. We called the team and they said no problem, we will take care of you. I won't bore you with the disgusting details(Note: several other families were impacted, not just us) except to say it was like a dark comedy-4 families with wheelchairs wheeling around and around pleading for someone to help get them seated and being sent in circles. Someone tried to help but only made the situation worse. A Sofi employee just grabbed 4 chairs and moved them for the wheelchairs. Turns out those 4 seats were paid for and when those people showed up, it got even darker to see an adult male standing and screaming at people in wheelchairs as though we all decided to randomly steal his seat. The sheriff had to intervene. Depressing. Keep in mind, those of us not in wheelchairs had to stand the entire game. The next day, we all called the team and they apologized for not being ready. Please forgive them because it was just "opening weekend disorganization." Funny, the Bears-Rams game was the week before. Wonder how that worked out for Rams fans in wheelchairs.

Monstrosity? Maybe not because it is a nice place to watch the game once you get settled. It is just that they rave about spending $5 billion but somehow did not come up with a plan to get fans in and out smoothly.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post

Maybe the word monstrosity is not correct, it is more the experiences we've had than the structure itself. The stories of the awful concessions, exit traffic, lack of portable toilets in the pink lot(it seemed like Carson had an oversupply of spot-a-pots)and cheap plastic seats in my section(318) are well documented. But the ugliest part was when the place, or at least the employees, were not equipped for the handicapped.

Week 1 against Dallas, we had someone who was confined to a wheelchair due to unexpected leg surgery weeks before. So we could not sit in our regular seats. We called the team and they said no problem, we will take care of you. I won't bore you with the disgusting details(Note: several other families were impacted, not just us) except to say it was like a dark comedy-4 families with wheelchairs wheeling around and around pleading for someone to help get them seated and being sent in circles. Someone tried to help but only made the situation worse. A Sofi employee just grabbed 4 chairs and moved them for the wheelchairs. Turns out those 4 seats were paid for and when those people showed up, it got even darker to see an adult male standing and screaming at people in wheelchairs as though we all decided to randomly steal his seat. The sheriff had to intervene. Depressing. Keep in mind, those of us not in wheelchairs had to stand the entire game. The next day, we all called the team and they apologized for not being ready. Please forgive them because it was just "opening weekend disorganization." Funny, the Bears-Rams game was the week before. Wonder how that worked out for Rams fans in wheelchairs.

Monstrosity? Maybe not because it is a nice place to watch the game once you get settled. It is just that they rave about spending $5 billion but somehow did not come up with a plan to get fans in and out smoothly.
            Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hopefully they are improving the details over time.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Some snippets on the Giants defense.

The defense wasn’t perfect Sunday. For the first time all season, the Giants didn’t have a takeaway. One was badly needed considering the offense’s ineptitude.

The Giants were dinked and dunked to death by Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, who completed 30-of-41 passes for 244 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. Miami’s offense is painful to watch, with its endless use of RPOs and short passes. But Tagovailoa’s precision accuracy somehow makes it work well enough to complement a stifling defense.

Tagovailoa relentlessly threw slants and passes to the flat. He went 12-for-12 for 60 yards and two touchdowns on passes under 10 yards to the left and 8-for-9 for 54 yards on passes under 10 yards to the right. Of his 41 passing attempts, 29 were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Only one, a 25-yard crosser to Jaylen Waddle (who had nine catches for 90 yards) in the fourth quarter, traveled more than 20 yards.

There appeared to be coverage breakdowns on both of Miami’s touchdowns. On second-and-goal from the 5 late in the second quarter, Bradberry and safety Logan Ryan covered the flat while wide receiver Mack Hollins ran open to the corner of the end zone for a touchdown.

Miami’s other touchdown came on a 2-yard pass from Tagovailoa to wide receiver Isaiah Ford on third-and-goal early in the fourth quarter, opening up a 17-6 lead. As Tagovailoa rolled to his left, Bradberry and safety Xavier McKinney lost track of Ford along the sideline.

“We really didn’t have a breakdown in coverage on either one of the touchdowns,” Bradberry said. “The play just kind of went longer than expected, and he was able to find the open target.”

That’s all there was to criticize from the defense, which limited the Dolphins to 68 rushing yards on 25 carries. The defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities to get something going in the third quarter.

The Dolphins went three-and-out on their first three possessions of the second half. Their fourth drive lasted four plays before another punt. But the offense could muster only a field goal during that stretch.

Defensive coordinator Patrick Graham continues to tinker with his personnel. Rookie Aaron Robinson was pressed into the starting cornerback spot opposite Bradberry because of Adoree’ Jackson’s absence with a quad injury.

In some nickel packages, Julian Love came in to play safety with Ryan shifting into the slot. In other nickel packages, practice squad elevation Jarren Williams played slot corner.

Rookie outside linebacker Elerson Smith saw his most extensive action as an edge rusher in passing situations. Smith’s role should continue to grow as he catches up after missing the first eight weeks of the season with a hamstring injury.

If the Giants can manage even a decent offense, the work Graham has done with the defense should allow them to be competitive. For now, it has to be frustrating — or annoying — to see his efforts going to waste.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

The Chefs offense has been pretty bad this year, especially when compared to other seasons. So holding them down has not really been too difficult this year.
                True. They only scored 22 v Denver due to their defense and the absolutely horrible awful no-good day that Teddy had.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wouldn't say bench Ekeler but this could be a good day to limit his touches and hopefully the game is such that Kelley, Jackson and Rountree can handle the bulk of the carries.
                  Lets go ahead and get a lead in the game and then see where we are? This thread started with awnings for the Chargers not to fall into a trap play, but the closer this game gets the more starting players this forum puts on the bench before KO.

On any Sunday … every NFL team is a professional team. Go and play to win. Pull starters after the game is in hand.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, I remember reading about Tillery being on Tom Telesco's radar. By the time the Chargers drafted, Josh Rosen was already off the board, so that is moot. The only players I read about being linked to the Chargers that were still on the board when they drafted were Tillery and Lock. Which is why I tend to think Telesco's decision came down to those two, and Telesco chose Tillery, thank God.
                    You almost have me convinced the Chargers should hang on to Tillery, almost. :sigh:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lets go ahead and get a lead in the game and then see where we are? This thread started with awnings for the Chargers not to fall into a trap play, but the closer this game gets the more starting players this forum puts on the bench before KO.

On any Sunday … every NFL team is a professional team. Go and play to win. Pull starters after the game is in hand.
                      very true. Chargers need to take care of business. can't let up - need a good solid win

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Here's a big secret: Once the Chargers D has picked up the system and it becomes 2nd nature to the players the Chargers will be a problem for every team in the league because our O is already one of the best in the league.

Playoffs or bust.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          Here's a big secret: Once the Chargers D has picked up the system and it becomes 2nd nature to the players the Chargers will be a problem for every team in the league because our O is already one of the best in the league.

Playoffs or bust.
                          After camp, the preseason and 12 games we are still in classroom mode????? Time to hand out Cliff Notes.

Comment

Working...
                          X