Giants @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
    Some snippets on the Giants defense.
    This sounds like right off the NO/Lombo game plan. Dink and dunk. Boring but if it gives us the W then so be it

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I can’t believe some people criticized this play as an underthrown ball.
      It was underthrown. Still an awesome play that few Qbs would even dare. But Guyton had to wait for the ball and then fight for it because Bates caught up (and got called for PI). Guyton broke free and was wide open. Guyton played a good game, btw.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I wouldn't say bench Ekeler but this could be a good day to limit his touches and hopefully the game is such that Kelley, Jackson and Rountree can handle the bulk of the carries.
        Ideally (yeah, right) the Chargers are way up in the 3rd Q and rest the important guys for a quarter and a half for the Thursday game. But that is wishful thinking and I will be happy just winning.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Ideally (yeah, right) the Chargers are way up in the 3rd Q and rest the important guys for a quarter and a half for the Thursday game. But that is wishful thinking and I will be happy just winning.

TG
          Truth! Take care of business this game - and you worry about Thursday after the game is over and hopefully you have a W heading into the KC game.

With respect to that Raiders / KC game -- wouldn't mind if that went to OT and the Raiders rushed for about 250 yards.

Comment

• Bolts318
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

rest the important guys for a quarter and a half for the Thursday game
            Agree that would be nice. I sort of think this is a key game for Staley to get us to beat a team the way we are supposed to beat a team. Like the Rams did to the Jags. I just worry because as a long time fan, the Chargers have this history of what one writer called the "caught napping" game when the Chargers would lose late in the season to an under-.500 team.
            Geez, question just struck me. Given no team can finish .500 anymore, is the term "under .500" gone? Guess we have to say a team under ..529.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
              Agree that would be nice. I sort of think this is a key game for Staley to get us to beat a team the way we are supposed to beat a team. Like the Rams did to the Jags. I just worry because as a long time fan, the Chargers have this history of what one writer called the "caught napping" game when the Chargers would lose late in the season to an under-.500 team.
              Geez, question just struck me. Given no team can finish .500 anymore, is the term "under .500" gone? Guess we have to say a team under ..529.
              In the 2018 season when the team went 12-4 they were playing a bad AZ team and got down early, 10-0 before they scored I think 28 points to close out the first half - final I think was 42-10

This Sunday, skip the getting down by 10 points, get to the 42 zip lead and let the Giants score 14 points in the 4th quarter

You are right, too many times caught napping and having a bad game. Staley hopefully doesn't allow that happen. Keep on their backsides

Comment

• Bolts318
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

This Sunday, skip the getting down by 10 points, get to the 42 zip lead and let the Giants score 14 points in the 4th quarter
                Oh yeah, I remember us making Josh Rosen looking like he was worth the #10 pick(?) in the draft. Almost got ugly.
                I would like that and leave early. Then again, I drive and get pretty soused at the tailgate. I don't drink at the game so can be sober 3 hours later. May have to either temper my early drinking or sit thru it regardless of the lead. :shifty:

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

With respect to that Raiders / KC game -- wouldn't mind if that went to OT and the Raiders rushed for about 250 yards.
                  Chargers played the Vikings who a week before went into overtime with the Ravens and got gashed by Baltimore's run game. But that didn't help them in their game with Minnesota.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I think our members are way under-rating the Giants. They only lost to the chiefs by a FG. They beat the raiders, they beat the Saints. The Giants are not a push-over. Don't expect a walk in the park, this is another NFL team.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Chargers played the Vikings who a week before went into overtime with the Ravens and got gashed by Baltimore's run game. But that didn't help them in their game with Minnesota.
                      Good point. But shorter week - hoping for anything that helps the Chargers.

End of the day, Chargers just need to beat the Giants and whatever happens in KC -- happens in KC - whether the Chefs win or lose. Chargers do control things.

Comment

• Bolts318
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Cliff Notes
                        Wow, are they still around in this day and age of the internet? Glad I was a math major, didn't have to read any classics.

Comment

• Bolts318
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I think our members are way under-rating the Giants. They only lost to the chiefs by a FG. They beat the raiders, they beat the Saints. The Giants are not a push-over. Don't expect a walk in the park, this is another NFL team.
                          Given we are a team that has averaged 6 wins the last two years and couldn't hold late leads against the (now great) Patriots and Vikings and almost blew the Cincy game if not for a running back that had a rare fumble, I say "YOU ARE RIGHT!" All I know is what I do not want to hear on Monday is how the Giants should move on from Daniel Jones and give the job to Fromm!!!!!
                          Last edited by Bolts318; 12-08-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X