Giants @ Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

I'd trade a 3rd or 4th for Barkley, seeing as Telesco trades them away anyway, or just flat out misses( Keenan excepted).

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Defense has been improving. Would be nice to throw a shut out

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        I dont even care if there's a shutout but at least a dominant showing and we get a W. it is hard to shut anyone out for 4 whole quarters so if they only scored like a figgie I'd be aight widdat. and see even more improvement from Nwosu please.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Barkley is an elite talent coming back from a major injury. He wont be fully recovered until next season. And he has had a lot of nagging, perhaps compensating injuries this season as he does work back. He also plays for a crappy team with a crappy OL and a crappy QB and is expected to be 90% of their offense. Teams know all you really have to do is stop Barkley and unless Jones gets lucky with a busted coverage or a long run, you are set. I feel you guys are being a bit unfair to him and also not fully appreciating his injury. There is simply no way he gets traded for a 3rd round pick in the off season.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So far it looks like Glennon will start. Also Sterling Shepard will play after missing 5 games. He is a very good player.

TG

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              So far it looks like Glennon will start. Also Sterling Shepard will play after missing 5 games. He is a very good player.

TG
              This is what I've been reading too. Makes me wonder a bit if they are pushing Glennon too hard to start after a concussion.

Comment

• Bolts318
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Exactly what the Vikings said Thursday night with a 29-0 lead.
                Show me someone who thinks the Chargers are not capable of playing down to their level of competition and I will show you someone watching the Chargers for the first time ever.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Dr. Chargers can make any sick team healthy. Can cure any ill QBs woes.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This is what I've been reading too. Makes me wonder a bit if they are pushing Glennon too hard to start after a concussion.
                    The whole thing is wierd, as they cannot pinpoint when it happened and didn't even know until after the game. When I watched I didn't see a big, obvious hit. But Glennon's play did drop off after half time so seems like maybe it happened near there? Maybe its mild enough that he can recover fast.

TG

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Barkley is an elite talent coming back from a major injury. He wont be fully recovered until next season. And he has had a lot of nagging, perhaps compensating injuries this season as he does work back. He also plays for a crappy team with a crappy OL and a crappy QB and is expected to be 90% of their offense. Teams know all you really have to do is stop Barkley and unless Jones gets lucky with a busted coverage or a long run, you are set. I feel you guys are being a bit unfair to him and also not fully appreciating his injury. There is simply no way he gets traded for a 3rd round pick in the off season.

TG
                        Awkward position for the Giants: he looks good enough in the highlights to grant him the 5th year option,
                        hoping the knee will get better.

He may well walk after next year.....tired of playing for a loser, and the Giants will probably be in rebuild mode.

Giants will seriously entertain offers....running backs having a short shelf life.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts318 View Post
                          Exactly what the Vikings said Thursday night with a 29-0 lead.
                          Show me someone who thinks the Chargers are not capable of playing down to their level of competition and I will show you someone watching the Chargers for the first time ever.
                          Any team is capable of 'playing down' to the competition.

Problem is, the Chargers were not clearly superior in talent to any team that they have played this year:
                          playing down to the comp assumes there is a pronounced difference

Comment

Working...
                          X