• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

No surprises. All 11 were on my Turk list... look out Meggs, Arquzo, Rose and Lowdermilk.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      LOL! You've been trying to cut Malcom for the past 4 years. You never really liked the guy, for some reason (although I think it has a lot to do with his injury history). The guy personifies CLASS, something that's in dangerously short supply in today's NFL. I'd keep him around for that reason alone.
      Yes the injuries but he is also a poor excuse for a #1 or even #2 WR. Only topped 50 or more receptions twice. He is a class guy but that isnt to say some of the younger guys arent good guys and Floyd is now a 4 mil cap hit. This is his last season so i wish him well and hate to toss him out. Im just throwing out there the question of could he be a cap casualty to somebody they think can be a stud.....like T. Williams? Like i said its a long shot and dont expect it but there are always surprises.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        No surprises. All 11 were on my Turk list... look out Meggs, Arquzo, Rose and Lowdermilk.

That only gets them down to 74. 21 more to cut....wow.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers announced that the team released 11 players in an effort to reach the limit of 75 players on the roster by the NFL’s Tuesday deadline. The Chargers currently have 79 players on the team’s active roster.

Most significant move: Central Michigan’s Titus Davis was a productive receiver in college. And at 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds, Titus fit San Diego’s profile for a bigger receiver. However, Davis was inconsistent catching the ball, and at times had trouble dealing with the more physical nature of the NFL. Davis was outplayed by fellow undrafted rookie free agent receiver Tyrell Williams.

Paulson moves on: University of Oregon product David Paulson spent most of last season on the practice squad for San Diego. Selected in the seventh round of the 2012 draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers, the 6-foot-4, 246-pound Paulson is more of a pass-catching tight end. He was passed over by bigger options at his position like Kyle Miller and Brian Parker.

What’s next: The Chargers have to make four additional moves by Tuesday at 4 p.m. ET to reach the 75 player roster limit.

Chargers’ cuts: CB Manny Asprilla, DL Cameron Botticelli, WR Titus Davis, RB Jahwan Edwards, LB Curtis Grant, OLB Brock Hekking (injured), OT Forrestal Hickman, TE David Paulson, QB Chase Rettig, DL Luther Robinson and TE Logan Stokes.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

I wouldn't be disappointed if Floyd and Novak got cut...nothing personal but I would like a Championship after supporting this team for 38 years...let's get younger and faster
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

"His name was David Paulson"

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                I wouldn't be disappointed if Floyd and Novak got cut...nothing personal but I would like a Championship after supporting this team for 38 years...let's get younger and faster
                Why does youth matter when the team will be gone in 2 years anyway? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I thought you were wishing the "LA Chargers" sayonara after then bolt from SD.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Floyd maynot catch a ton of balls, but it seems like they're all huge and come at critical times. No way do I let him go. The Pats would sign him in an instant.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                    Why does youth matter when the team will be gone in 2 years anyway? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, I thought you were wishing the "LA Chargers" sayonara after then bolt from SD.

You're an idiot, you have no idea if the Chargers stay or go,,,, no one does.

I can only root for the team this year, that applies every year since I've rooted for them, what else can you do??

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      Floyd maynot catch a ton of balls, but it seems like they're all huge and come at critical times. No way do I let him go. The Pats would sign him in an instant.
                      I cant get upset about a team signing someone we cut. He can get injured over there too lol. Like i said, im not hoping we cut him, just asking if anyone thinks he could be a surprise cut at a 4 million cap hit and young talent on the squad.

Comment

• Maverick
                        (Coryellian)
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Point Loma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        You're an idiot, you have no idea if the Chargers stay or go,,,, no one does.

I can only root for the team this year, that applies every year since I've rooted for them, what else can you do??
                        You are only a Charger one year at a time....LOL ��

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          You are only a Charger one year at a time....LOL ��
                          And a fan too!

Comment

Working...
                          X