Lions at the SAN DIEGO Chargers Game Day Thread!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Lions at the SAN DIEGO Chargers Game Day Thread!

Game Day Baby!
  • Lightningwill_420

In the tradition that a few posters carried throughout last year's season, I'm calling "game over." Time to prepare for the Bengals.

Comment

• Boltergeist
      Pesky apparition
      • Jun 2013
      • Baja Oklahoma
      • Send PM

I've been trying to avoid all of the the stadium nonsense and live in the present with this team, but today just doesn't feel like opening day to me. It's as if my enthusiasm has been kicked to the curb. Maybe I'll get fired up as kick-off approaches. Go Bolts!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
        I've been trying to avoid all of the the stadium nonsense and live in the present with this team, but today just doesn't feel like opening day to me. It's as if my enthusiasm has been kicked to the curb. Maybe I'll get fired up as kick-off approaches. Go Bolts!
        Go San Diego.

Comment

• Boltimore
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Naples, FL
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Any recs on internet viewing/listening are welcome. Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Time to bring home an opening day win.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Yup any internet feeds are a welcome sight.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

My take.

Put Flowers on Golden Tate one on one. Put Verrett and Weddle on Megatron. Bring the 5 man rush every play, the Bolts have got to hit Stafford all day long and get the ball out of his hand quick. I think they can do it against Detroit's rebuilt O line. And go for the strip every time Abduhlah touched the ball. In the end, we win he turnover battle and we win the game.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  My take.

Put Flowers on Golden Tate one on one. Put Verrett and Weddle on Megatron. Bring the 5 man rush every play, the Bolts have got to hit Stafford all day long and get the ball out of his hand quick. I think they can do it against Detroit's rebuilt O line. And go for the strip every time Abduhlah touched the ball. In the end, we win he turnover battle and we win the game.
                  Don't quit on the run even if the first 12 runs go for an average of zero.
                  On pass plays, if Rivers still has the ball at 2.5 seconds, throw it away.
                  Try throwing sometimes out of a 2-back set.
                  Never go into a 0-back formation.

My way probably won't result in the most points possible, but it also will keep our season intact. If we go with the same strategy as last year, we have zero chance at a successful season. Rivers has to stay healthy.
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    My take.

Detroit has a rebuilt D-line too after Suh left don't they? I thought I read they had only the remaining DT that played next to Suh and new DEs. I'm hoping we just come out attacking on both sides of the ball instead of sitting back and "taking what they give us" and falling behind early because of it- or worse- scripting the 1st quarter of plays on offense like NOrv used to.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                      Detroit has a rebuilt D-line too after Suh left don't they? I thought I read they had only the remaining DT that played next to Suh and new DEs. I'm hoping we just come out attacking on both sides of the ball instead of sitting back and "taking what they give us" and falling behind early because of it- or worse- scripting the 1st quarter of plays on offense like NOrv used to.
                      I liked Norv's scripted first series. That seemed to be the time when we moved the ball best.

After that, he tended to forget about the run and let the defense tee off on Rivers. Norv and Reich's first year have a lot in common.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                        I liked Norv's scripted first series. That seemed to be the time when we moved the ball best.

After that, he tended to forget about the run and let the defense tee off on Rivers. Norv and Reich's first year have a lot in common.
                        I don't think he forgot about the run in 2006/7 when LT was setting records. I think he decided NOT to run after downgrading the importance of a true blocking FB and putting everything on Rivers to win by passing 1st. Throw in a decimated OL and there you go.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X