• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Reich and Pagano both called good games - especially Pags, the D limited a playoff team to three scores, and only two till way late when it almost didn't matter. That's playoff-winning football in Game frickin' One.

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think we'll see more Oliver next game. They like to mix it up a bit over the season to keep the RBs fresh.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Anyone notice that we had both Gordon and Woodhead in the same backfield a few times? That was great and I am sure caused the Detroit D to move and adjust.

One of the plays was really well designed where Woodhead ran through the right flat and cleared it as he headed up-field and then Gordon followed him into the same flat and caught the ball. Unfortunately the O-line missed a block and it was a minimal gain but I thought that was a really creative play and is now on film for them to build on.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

What? The O line missed a block?
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            On the INT on the pass to KA they had Gordon in there on 3rd and 2 and I wanted to see if Gordon could convert it. Sooner or later they're going to have to find out.
            Did we ever find out if the INT to Floyd was supposed to be a back shoulder throw or just a Rivers brain fart
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              Anyone notice that we had both Gordon and Woodhead in the same backfield a few times? That was great and I am sure caused the Detroit D to move and adjust.

One of the plays was really well designed where Woodhead ran through the right flat and cleared it as he headed up-field and then Gordon followed him into the same flat and caught the ball. Unfortunately the O-line missed a block and it was a minimal gain but I thought that was a really creative play and is now on film for them to build on.
              I thought Detroit sniffed that play out pretty well. "Two RB" formations never end up well because neither can block for the other, and if the defense is smart they sub out a fat LB for a skinnier DB to help in coverage.

Detroit, OTOH, played a very retarded defensive scheme and probably got away with it for years due to their strong DT play from Suh and the other dude who left them.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Detroit did seem a bit unimaginative defensively. It looked to me like they had the same defensive alignment almost all the time. On a negative note, they were not stacking the box at all and were blowing up running plays with a base defense pretty regularly.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  Did we ever find out if the INT to Floyd was supposed to be a back shoulder throw or just a Rivers brain fart
                  Rivers talked about that. Said he should have thrown high, he threw it low instead. He called it his dumbest play. On the int to Allen, he said that's a 1 in a 100 play. The pump fake had Allen looking for who got the ball and who to block, he didn't find the ball quick enough after that. It didn't bother him at all.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The play nobody saw.

On the Gordon called back TD play. Rivers handed the ball off to Gordon and saw a defender coming through the line. Rivers threw himself into the line to block. Unbelievable. And the defender just tossed Rivers to the ground like a sack of flour. But Gordon got through the hole.

Rivers has guts.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      The play nobody saw.

On the Gordon called back TD play. Rivers handed the ball off to Gordon and saw a defender coming through the line. Rivers threw himself into the line to block. Unbelievable. And the defender just tossed Rivers to the ground like a sack of flour. But Gordon got through the hole.

Rivers has guts.
                      Ok, I REALLY want to see the game in its entirety now- my man Rivers doing what it takes!

Does anyone know when NFLN announces their game replays for the week?!
                      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                      X