Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        None !
        We MUST win.
        exactly..... that crazy scenario would require a raiders loss.... no way rsiders can lose unless Chargers win.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

From Chris Hayes, Charger.com beat writer:
          https://www.chargers.com/news/justin...fl-draft-board

General manager Tom Telesco said that quarterback Justin Herbert was the No. 1 player on the team's draft board after his junior season at Oregon in 2019.

In an interview with Chargers.com, Telesco credited his scouting staff with identifying elite first-round talent like Pro Bowl defensive end Joey Bosa, All-Pro safety Derwin James, and Herbert, the 2020 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

"If Justin Herbert would have declared the year before, he was the number one guy on our board then," Telesco said. "So, our guys were on him early. They loved him then. It didn't change through his senior year, so we trust those guys to get the work done and have great opinions on players and they've done such a great job."

With the Tua injury, his lack of arm strength/height/speed, and the fact that they had Herbert above Kyler Murray, i don't think there is any question they would have selected Herbert if Tua dropped to them.

Miami was divided at the time: a few prominent in that organization preferring Herbert.
          Haha. Hindsight is grand when you have your own PR department to make you look good.

He said this in a interview with the franchise's own PR person, AFTER Herbert became a phenom. I still don't buy it, that if TT had the choice of drafting Tua or Herbert he would have chosen Herbert over Tua. He would have drafted Tua.
          Last edited by Velo; 01-08-2022, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
            I'm hoping Derwin is 100% over that hammy. If he is I like our chances.
            I don't think the chargers fully utilize his skills.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Winning against a motivated division rival on the road to get in...no matter what else happens the rest of the playoffs...is the transformative type of win this franchise needs to take the next step.

I remember being in the exact same spot in 2014 needing to beat KC in Arrowhead to get in, final game of the year, and they shit the bed.

Let's go.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Winning against a motivated division rival on the road to get in...no matter what else happens the rest of the playoffs...is the transformative type of win this franchise needs to take the next step.

I remember being in the exact same spot in 2014 needing to beat KC in Arrowhead to get in, final game of the year, and they shit the bed.

Let's go.
                That’s the old chargers. This is the new Chargers culture

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                  If you aren't fired up for this game, check your pulse to see if you're alive.

I don't have any superstitions. I will be wearing my Derwin jersey that I won here.
                  I’m breaking out my LT jersey for the first time in a couple of years.

And I’m really encouraged that this team is taking this game serious enough that they are protecting themselves from Covid.

It’s playoff time.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Haha. Hindsight is grand when you have your own PR department to make you look good.

He said this in a interview with the franchise's own PR person, AFTER Herbert became a phenom. I still don't buy it, that if TT had the choice of drafting Tua or Herbert he would have chosen Herbert over Tua. He would have drafted Tua.

Maybe, maybe not.
                    We do know what he did.
                    Herbert is a Charger.
                    Go Bolts!!

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I believe Herbert would have been drafted higher than 6 the year before. His senior year lowered his rating IMO.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post

I don't think the chargers fully utilize his skills.
                        I agree but believe there's a method to that madness. DJ has had some injury issues.
                        33 is locked & loaded for a must have effort.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X