• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Gorgon will be an absolute beast with his next team. Calling it now.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      Gorgon will be an absolute beast with his next team. Calling it now.
      Yeah sure, when he plays flag football with retired NFL vets.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Dude looks like a bust. Sorry, I said it. The coaching staff and OL have done him no favors, but still.

Seems like anything this franchise touches turns to shit, anyways.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I dont think he's a bust. I just think he's wrong for this system which unfortunately for him wont change drastically with Rivers at QB.

He looks like he could be very good, he runs hard. But its hard for him to see the holes out of the shotgun.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            I dont think he's a bust. I just think he's wrong for this system which unfortunately for him wont change drastically with Rivers at QB.

He looks like he could be very good, he runs hard. But its hard for him to see the holes out of the shotgun.
            agreed. Is McCoy too timid to over-rule Rivers' wishes/feelings to make the team better overall? His biggest selling point for the HC job was supposed to be tailoring the offense to best take advantage of players he had, yet somehow the offense has remained Rivers-centric at the expense of the running game and overall balanced attack since Norv decided to improve and expand the passing game in 2007. The results speak for themselves (downward spiral) -and no Rich- they aren't getting a pass because of injuries to the OL. Hopefully McCoy and the whole bunch are replaced and a more Marty-like defensive minded head coach is hired who is dedicated to the running game and a more balanced attack and who actually uses 1st round picks to their fullest potential. Rivers' influence needs to be curtailed for the good of the team. We all KNEW when Seau's oversized influence was hurting the progress of the defense while it was referred to as "Jr.'s team" and the same is happening now when it's still "Rivers's team".
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              agreed. Is McCoy too timid to over-rule Rivers' wishes/feelings to make the team better overall? His biggest selling point for the HC job was supposed to be tailoring the offense to best take advantage of players he had, yet somehow the offense has remained Rivers-centric at the expense of the running game and overall balanced attack since Norv decided to improve and expand the passing game in 2007. The results speak for themselves (downward spiral) -and no Rich- they aren't getting a pass because of injuries to the OL. Hopefully McCoy and the whole bunch are replaced and a more Marty-like defensive minded head coach is hired who is dedicated to the running game and a more balanced attack and who actually uses 1st round picks to their fullest potential. Rivers' influence needs to be curtailed for the good of the team. We all KNEW when Seau's oversized influence was hurting the progress of the defense while it was referred to as "Jr.'s team" and the same is happening now when it's still "Rivers's team".
              If you think that the injuries to the line are not the overhwelming reason why we can't run or pass block, than I have nothing to add to your point.

But the bottom line is I am not sure how you can bring McCoy back because the train wreck has hit rock bottom.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Dude looks like a bust. Sorry, I said it. The coaching staff and OL have done him no favors, but still.

Seems like anything this franchise touches turns to shit, anyways.
                I wouldn't say a bust but I will say that it was a stupid pick. We had many other areas where a first round pick would have helped. Drafting a RB high (not to mention trading up to do so) is about the last piece in the puzzle to try to fit. Not using him once you draft him just makes it look a whole... lot... worse.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  Unfortunately since River is the OC and the QB he needs to see the field
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Unfortunately since River is the OC and the QB he needs to see the field
                    Hard to see the field from your back.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe Rivers is like Peyton Manning at this point in time. His passing skills are great, but he can't fit in any offense other than the shotgun (?)
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

[/season][/watch][/thread]

Comment

Working...
                          X